Thando Hopa was born in 1989.
Thando Hopa has graduated from college with a law degree.
Actress, Model, Lawyer, Activist
- Father – Her father is an engineer.
- Mother – Her mother is a filmmaker.
- Siblings – She has 3 siblings and one of them also has albinism.
Thando Hopa is represented by New York Models.
Melinda Shaw of Shaw Media served as her publicist.
5 ft 8.5 in or 174 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Thando Hopa has opted to keep her personal life away from the public domain, which makes it difficult for us to ascertain anything about her love life and dating history.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she has Xhosa ancestry, while on her mother’s side, she has Sotho ancestry.
- Porcelain complexion
- Fuller Lips
- Thando Hopa has been signed up as a brand ambassador for the skincare brand Vichy’s sunscreen range.
- Thando appeared in a commercial for Audi Q2 in 2017.
- She has done modeling for many clothing and fashion brands as well. She has also used her social media presence to promote a couple of products and brands.
Her religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Being one of the leading social activists trying to change perceptions about albinism in Africa.
- Being one of the emerging South African models. She has more than 12k followers on her Instagram account.
- Being cast in the role of Artemis in the BBC war drama TV series, Troy: Fall of the City.
She hasn’t been cast in any theatrical film till date.
First TV Show
In 2000, Thando Hopa made her first TV show appearance in the family TV series, Takalani Sesame.
Her workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Thando Hopa Favorite Things
- Summer Products – Vichy Eau Thermale Spa, SPF 50 Vichy Capital Soleil sunscreen
- Go-To Scent – Giorgio Armani Si
- Phrase – “Define yourself”
- Fashion Item – The headwrap
Source – Beauty South Africa, Glamour
Thando Hopa Facts
- In 2013, she was featured on the cover of the first Forbes Life Africa issue.
- As a model, she was discovered in 2012 in a mall in downtown Johannesburg by fashion designer Gert-Johan Coetzee.
- Initially, she was hesitant about pursuing modeling but after her sister told her to take it as an opportunity to raise awareness for albinism, she decided to go for it.
- Due to albinism, she has a poor eyesight and she often uses a magnifying glass to read. While in school, her poor eyesight led to the misconception that she was mentally challenged.
- She works as a lawyer specializing in sexual assaults in Johannesburg. She is also a prosecutor for the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA).
- In 2017, she was featured in the iconic Pirelli Calendar. The calendar photoshoot was done keeping the Alice in Wonderland theme in mind. When she was featured in Pirelli Calendar, she became the first black model from South Africa to be featured in it.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Thando Hopa / Instagram