|Thuy Trang Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||December 14, 1973|
Thuy Trang was a Vietnamese-born American actress, who acclaimed fame as the original Yellow Power Ranger, Trini Kwan, in the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers television series in 1993. She was introduced to an acting career by sheer chance when a Hollywood agent acknowledged her in 1992. But, unfortunately, she died at the age of 27 in 2001, in a fatal car accident leaving behind a multitude of possibilities.
Thuy Trang was born on December 14, 1973.
She passed away at the age of 27, on September 3, 2001, in San Francisco, California, U.S. in a fatal car accident, which took place on Interstate 5 between San Francisco and Los Angeles while she was traveling with her friends.
She was cremated at Rose Hills Memorial Park in Whittier, California.
Saigon, South Vietnam
Thuy Trang attended the Banning High School and then received a scholarship to study civil engineering at the University of California, Irvine (UCI). She was planning to pursue a career in engineering when she had a chance run-in with a Hollywood agent in 1992, from where began her acting career.
- Father – Served as a soldier in a South Vietnamese army (ARVN)
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Two Brothers and a Sister
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
51 kg or 112 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
The details about her relationships are unknown.
Race / Ethnicity
She was of Vietnamese descent.
She had not endorsed any of the brands.
Best Known For
Her role in the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers television series where she portrayed the role of Trini Kwan, the original Yellow Ranger from 1993 to 1994.
Thuy made her theatrical film debut in the movie Spy Hard in 1996, as a manicurist, but this role went erroneously uncredited.
So, her credited theatrical film debut was made the same year, in 1996, in the American fantasy action film The Crow: City of Angels where she played the lead villain, Kali.
First TV Show
Thuy made her TV show debut in the American live-action superhero children’s television series Mighty Morphin Power Rangers in 1993. She was cast as Trini Kwan, the original Yellow Ranger.
The details about her workout routine and diet plans are unknown.
Thuy Trang Favorite Things
Trang’s favorite things are unknown.
Thuy Trang Facts
- She began learning Kung Fu when she was only 9 years old.
- During the fall of Saigon in 1975, Trang’s father fled South Vietnam and was eventually granted political asylum by the United States.
- Her father died of cancer in 1992.
- When Thuy was just 2 years old, she had to flee Saigon with her family.
- The family, after a long journey, eventually settled in the United States. Thuy nearly died due to her illness during the journey.
- Trang left the show, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, in the middle of the 2-part episode “The Power Transfer,” due to payment disputes, along with Austin St. John and Walter Emanuel Jones.
- She was accompanied by her friends when she experienced the unfortunate car crash. While her friends survived, Thuy lost her life to internal injuries.
- Her credits, for appearing as a manicurist in the 1996 movie Spy Hard, were wrongly switched with Tara Leon, who played a masseuse in the same short scene.
- She had also made cameos in Austin St John’s Martial Art’s Video and Walter Jones’ Hip Hop Dance Video.
- While filming The Crow: City of Angels, Thuy performed most of her own stunts in her fight scene with Vincent Perez’s character.
- In 1995, she also appeared in a video documentary, Encyclopedia of Martial Arts: Hollywood Celebrities, alongside her Power Rangers co-stars Austin St. John and Walter Emanuel Jones.
- In 2001, the team of Power Rangers Time Force dedicated an episode, “Circuit Unsure” to Trang’s memory.
- She was not present on social media.
Featured Image by Uncredited / Power Rangers Reunification / CC BY-SA 4.0