|Tony Goldwyn Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||May 20, 1960|
Tony Goldwyn is a talented American actor, writer, producer, director, and political activist. He is known of his roles in Scandal, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, The Last Word, Pocahontas: The Legend, Tarzan, The 6th Day, The Last Samurai, Ash Tuesday, The Godfather of Green Bay, The Last House on the Left, The Mechanic, Divergent, The Belko Experiment, and Mark Felt: The Man Who Brought Down the White House. Tony has a massive fan following of over 500k followers on Facebook, more than 550k followers on Instagram, and over a 700k followers on Twitter.
Anthony Howard Goldwyn
Los Angeles, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Tony Goldwyn studied at Hamilton College in Clinton, New York. Later, he joined Brandeis University in Waltham, Massachusetts and graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree. He also attended the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art.
Actor, Writer, Producer, Director, Political Activist
- Father – Samuel Goldwyn Jr. (Film Producer)
- Mother – Jennifer Howard (Actress)
- Siblings – John Goldwyn (Older Brother) (Film Producer), Catherine Howard Goldwyn (Sister), Francis Goldwyn (Brother) (Businessman)
- Others – Liz Goldwyn (Half-Sister) (Filmmaker), Peter Goldwyn (Half-Brother) (Film Producer), Samuel Goldwyn (Paternal Grandfather) (Producer), Aaron or Abraham David Gelbfisz /Goldfish (Paternal Great-Grandfather), Hannah Reban Jarecka (Paternal Great-Grandmother), Frances Howard (Paternal Grandmother), Sidney Howard (Maternal Grandfather) (Playwright), John Lawrence Howard (Maternal Great-Grandfather), Helen Louise Coe (Maternal Great-Grandmother), Clare Eames (Maternal Grandmother) (Actress), Hayden Eames (Maternal Great-Grandfather), Clare Hamilton (Maternal Great-Grandmother), William Thomas Hamilton (Maternal Great-Great-Grandfather) (Maryland Governor and Senator), Colleen Camp (Sister-In-Law), Emily Goldwyn (Niece) (Actress)
Tony Goldwyn is managed by –
- Danis, Panaro & Nist, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Untitled Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tony Goldwyn has dated –
- Jane Musky – Tony is in a relationship with the production designer and art director, Jane Musky. They met at the Williamstown Theater Festival and tied the knot in 1987 shortly afterward. They are blessed with 2 daughters – Anna Musky-Goldwyn and Tess Frances Goldwyn.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Ashkenazi Jewish, Irish, English, Scots-Irish /Northern Irish, Scottish, and German ancestry.
Salt and Pepper
He often dyes his hair.
- Deep intense eyes
- Sharp jawline
- Long rounded chin
Tony Goldwyn has not endorsed any brand yet.
Best Known For
- His versatile roles in films and in TV series including Scandal (2012–2018) as President Fitzgerald Grant III, Law & Order: Criminal Intent (2007–2008) as Frank Goren, Ghost (1990) as Carl Bruner, Nixon (1995) as Harold Nixon, The Last Samurai (2003) as Colonel Bagley, Ash Tuesday (2003) as Elliott, The Last House on the Left (2009) as John Collingwood, The Mechanic (2011) as Dean, Divergent (2014) as Andrew Prior, and The Belko Experiment (2016) as Barry Norris
In 1986, he made his theatrical film debut as Darren in the thriller-horror film, Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives.
In 1999, he made his theatrical film debut as a voice actor by voicing the character of Tarzan in the animated adventure film, Tarzan.
First TV Show
In 1987, he made his first TV show appearance as Henry in the drama series, St. Elsewhere.
Tony Goldwyn works out regularly to stay in shape for his demanding roles. He has admitted that the fear of on-screen humiliation motivates him to keep in good physical looks.
As for his diet, he eats healthy and loves sushi. He kick-starts his day with a strong cup of black coffee followed with a mix of organic blueberries, Greek yogurt, and a lightly cooked egg white omelet with cremini mushrooms and gruyere cheese.
Tony Goldwyn Favorite Things
- Cinematic Sex Scene – Don’t Look Now (1973) with Donald Sutherland and Julie Christie
Source – Elle
Tony Goldwyn Facts
- As a child, he always wanted to be an actor.
- In John Willis’ Screen World list, Tony was included as one of the 12 “Promising New Actors of 1990”.
- His grandfathers, Samuel Goldwyn and Sidney Howard, worked on a total of 8 films together including Bulldog Drummond (1929), Raffles (1930), One Heavenly Night (1931), Arrowsmith (1931), The Greeks Had a Word for Them (1932), and Dodsworth (1936).
- He is a supporter and a member of California Democrat.
- Tony is left-handed.
- He would like to portray politician Alexander Hamilton either on stage or on screen.
- As a writer, he has written TV movie Philly Lawyer (2012) and 8 episodes of the TV series, The Divide, in 2014.
- As a producer, he has contributed in the making of Conviction (2010) and A Walk on the Moon (1999).
- His credits as a director include Scandal (2013-2018), The Divide (2014), Philly Lawyer (2012), Conviction (2010), Dexter (2006-2007), The Last Kiss (2006), Someone Like You… (2001), and A Walk on the Moon (1999).
- He is a supporter of politician Hillary Clinton.
- He is involved in advocacy of arts.
- Tony also supports charity organizations like ACLU of Texas, Planned Parenthood Action, Shining Hope for Communities, Red Cross, and Americares.
- Follow Tony Goldwyn on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Tony Goldwyn / Instagram