|Tyler Eifert Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||September 8, 1990|
Tyler Eifert is best known for playing as a tight end for Cincinnati Bengals. However, he hasn’t been able to deliver consistent solid performances because of the numerous serious injuries. Some of these injuries have even ruled him out of complete seasons. Before he joined Bengals, he had regularly delivered great performances for the Notre Dame Fighting Irish football team. He was even voted an All-American for two consecutive years.
Tyler Gregory Eifert
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Tyler Eifert went to the Saint Vincent De Paul Catholic School. He has also attended Bishop Dwenger High School in his hometown of Fort Wayne.
After completing his high school education from Bishop Dwenger, he got enrolled at the Mendoza College of Business at the University of Notre Dame.
Professional NFL Player
- Father – Greg Eifert (Former Purdue University basketball player)
- Mother – Julie Eifert
- Siblings – Grady Eifert (Brother), Morgan Eifert (Sister)
Tyler Eifert is represented by Creative Artist Agency (CAA) Sports.
85 – Cincinnati Bengals
6 ft 6 in or 198 cm
116 kg or 255.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tyler Eifert has dated –
- Rachael Kimack (2014-Present) – In 2014, Tyler started going out with a medical professional, Rachael Kimack. Rachael was a soccer player while studying at Purdue University. However, injuries cut short her promising career. They often flaunt their relationship by posting pictures on their respective social media platforms.
Race / Ethnicity
Tyler Eifert has used his social media activity to promote products and brands such as –
- YUDU Gear
- Mathews Archery
- Rage Broadheads
- Mission 6 Zero
Best Known For
- His solid performances as a tight end for Cincinnati Bengals
- Being one of the top-rated college varsity players. By the time he graduated from the University of Notre Dame, he was considered as the best tight end of his graduation class by many experts.
First NFL Match
In September 2013, he made his professional NFL debut in a match against Chicago Bears. In the match, he recorded 5 receptions for 47 yards.
First TV Show
In February 2013, he made his TV show debut in the sports talk show, Mike & Mike. He lent his voice to the section dedicated to the University of Notre Dame.
First Web Show
He made his first web show appearance on the music series, Trading Playlists, in 2016.
Tyler Eifert regularly hits the gym to keep himself on the top of his game. His gym workout regime includes lower body strength training exercises such as squats. He also focuses on his functional training in the gym.
Tyler Eifert Favorite Things
- Dream Golf Partners – Tiger Woods, Charles Barkley, Phil Mickelson
- Actor He Would Prefer To Be Portrayed By In a Biographical Movie – Bruce Willis
- Candy – KitKat Bar
- Superpower – Ability to fly
- Halloween Costume – Power Ranger
- Video Game – Modern Warfare 2
- Biggest Influences – His parents
Source – UND
Tyler Eifert Facts
- While studying in high school, he also excelled in basketball. He used to play as a power forward in the high school team.
- In the high school football team, he used to play as a defensive back along with regularly serving as a tight end of the team.
- By the time he graduated from high school, he wasn’t considered one of the finest players in the country. He had only received a 3-star rating from Rivals.com.
- Despite his average rating as a high school recruit, he received offers from Notre Dame, Purdue, Minnesota, and Indiana. He eventually opted to attend Notre Dame.
- During the course of his college football career, Tyler was named as an All-American by Associated Press on two occasions.
- In 2011, he was one of the finalists for the Mackey Award. He managed to win the prestigious award in the following year.
- In 2013, Tyler decided to opt against the final year of his varsity football eligibility and declared himself available for the NFL draft.
- The Cincinnati Bengals picked Eifert as the 21st overall pick in the first round at the 2013 NFL Draft. He signed a new 4-year contract with his new team. He had agreed $8.25 million contract compensation with the team management.
- In September 2013, he suffered a dislocated elbow in an awkward fall in the season-opening game against the Baltimore Ravens. The injury eventually ruled him out of the season.
- He was placed in the 44th spot on the NFL Top 100 Players of 2016 list by his fellow NFL players.
- In March 2018, he signed a new 1-year contract with Bengals. However, he couldn’t contribute much to the season as he injured his ankle in the Game 4 of the season. It was later revealed that he had fractured his ankle and the corrective surgery would rule him out of the whole season.
- Follow Tyler Eifert on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Tyler Eifert / Instagram