|Zoe Kazan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4½ in|
|Date of Birth||September 9, 1983|
Zoe Kazan gained popularity from 2009 film It’s Complicated for which she also won “National Board of Review Award for Best Cast”. She has done a lot of theater work by appearing in Broadway productions. One such role is The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie in 2006.
Zoe Swicord Kazan
Los Angeles, California, United States
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Zoe studied at the private Wildwood School and Marlborough School in Hancock Park, Los Angeles. In 2005, she graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in theatre from the Yale University.
- Father – Nicholas Kazan (Screenwriter)
- Mother – Robin Swicord (Screenwriter)
- Siblings – Maya Kazan (Younger Sister) (Actress, Director)
- Others – Elia Kazan (Paternal Grandfather) (Film and Theater Director), Molly Kazan (Paternal Grandmother) (Playwright), Henry Grady Swicord II (Maternal Grandfather), Jean Carroll Stender (Maternal Grandmother)
Zoe Kazan is managed by –
- United Talent Agency (UTA), Beverly Hills, California, United States.
- Jennifer Konawal, Manager, Washington Square Films, New York, United States.
- Publicists, Relevant (II) – Jessica Kolstad, in Beverly Hills, California, USA and Nicole Caruso, in New York, United States.
- Marcy Morris, Legal Representative, Jackoway Tyerman Wertheimer Austen Mandelbaum Morris & Klein, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 4½ in or 164 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Zoe Kazan has dated –
- Paul Dano (2007–Present) – Zoe and Paul started dating in 2007. Paul is an actor, director, producer, and musician from New York City, United States. Zoe met Paul when they appeared together in Jonathan Marc Sherman’s play Things We Want, directed by Ethan Hawke in New York in 2007. They share an apartment in Brooklyn, New York. In 2016, they caused a stir when Zoe appeared in one of Brooklyn’s restaurants for dinner wearing a ring on her left finger. In August 2018, the couple welcomed their first child together, a girl.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Greek, English, and German descent.
Dark Brown (Natural)
She often tends to dye her hair ‘blonde’.
- Beautiful blue eyes
- Defined jawline
Zoe Kazan hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
- Winning and being nominated for several awards including the Emmy Awards.
- Writing the screenplay for Ruby Sparks, a comedy-romance film. She also starred in the film along with boyfriend Paul Dano. The film was directed by Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris.
- Her playwrights and appearances in several Broadway productions.
In 2003, Zoe made her theatrical film debut as the protagonist’s love interest Samantha, in the romantic drama Swordswallowers and Thin Men directed by Max Borenstein.
First TV Show
In 2007, Zoe made her first TV show appearance as Izzy in The Boy Next Door episode of Medium.
Zoe Kazan’s workout routine is not known. Zoe had struggled with eating disorder, anorexia, during her college days. Her eating disorder began with depression. Fortunately, she spoke about it and took help. She saw a therapist and her weight was constantly checked multiple times a week. It took her a while to recover.
Zoe Kazan Favorite Things
- Stores – Bird and Steven Alan
- Drink – Red Wine, Whiskey
- Medication – Excedrin Migraine
- Movie Of 2016 – Arrival
- Novelists – Richard Ford, Haruki Murakami, Richard Brautigan
- Poets – James Moreland, Shakespeare
- Playwrights – Henrik Ibsen, Arthur Miller, Paula Vogel
- Play – The Firebugs by Max Frisch
- Movies – Groundhog Day (1993), Annie Hall (1977), Tootsie (1982), Birdman (2014), All That Jazz (1979)
Source – Time Out, Refinery29, NY Mag, Refinery29, YouTube
Zoe Kazan Facts
- She belongs to the Yale University Manuscript Society Alumni.
- According to her, the craziest outfit that she can get away with is the bonnet.
- She had co-written the script for Wildlife, with Paul Dano.
- She made her Broadway debut in the play The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie in 2006.
- Her mother is the greatest inspiration for her.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Georges Biard / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0