Anna Kay Faris
Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.
Anna attended Edmonds-Woodway High School in Edmonds, Washington and graduated from it in 1994. In 1999, Anna received a degree in English Literature from University of Washington.
- Father – Jack Faris (Sociologist)
- Mother – Karen (Special education teacher at Seaview Elementary School)
- Siblings – Robert (Older Brother) (Sociologist and Professor at University of California)
Alternative rock, indie rock, R&B
New Line Records, Lakeshore Records, Elektra Records
5 ft 4¼ in or 163 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Anna Faris married –
- Ben Indra (1999-2008) – Actor Ben Indra started dating Anna in 1999 after meeting her, when Anna was filming Lovers Lane in London in that year. They engaged in 2003 and married in June 2004. After living for almost three years together, the duo separated in April 2007. Their divorce was finalized in February 2008. As per court orders, she agreed to pay Ben an amount of $900,000 with other property and acting royalties.
- Chris Pratt (2008-Present) – Anna, then met her second husband actor Chris Pratt on the set of Take Me Home Tonight (2011) in May 2008. She engaged him on January 29, 2009. On July 9 2009, the couple married in Bali, Indonesia. The couple welcomed their first child, a son named Jack on August 25, 2012.
Race / Ethnicity
She has though dyed her hair black in the previous years.
- Frequent appears in comedic roles
- Blonde hair
35-24-34 in or 89-61-87 cm
4 (US) or 34 (EU)
Anna has appeared in commercials on Red Robin Burgers, Abilify, Frozen Yogurt and others.
Best Known For
Playing Cindy Campbell in the Scary Movie film series.
Anna has contributed in couple of songs such as “Nobody Does It Better” in 2003, “Forgiveness” in 2005, “Love from Afar” in 2005, “Just a Guy” in 2005, and “Old-Fashioned Girl” in 2007.
Anna appeared in the 1996 movie Eden for her role as Dithy.
First TV Show
She played the role as Erica in the NBC’s sitcom Friends in 5 episodes in 2004.
She also had a voice role before in 2002 in the adult animated situational comedy series King of the Hill.
Anna Faris has taken help from celebrity trainer Nicole Stuart. Nicole, who is a Pilates instructor has guided many celebs including Anna and Kate Hudson.
For the 2008 movie “The House Bunny”, she used to run for at least 3 miles a day. Anna worked with Nicole for 6 days a week and did Pilates. Her workout for the movie started 6 weeks before she started filming for the movie. Various Pilates moves include “The Hundred”, “Single Leg Stretch”, “Double Knee Stretch”, “Single Straight Leg Stretch”, “Double Straight Leg Stretch”, “Criss Cross”. These exercises worked mainly Anna’s abs (core).
Faris also paid attention to her diet for her role as Shelley Darlington in the movie and ate steamed vegetables, grilled chicken, and other healthy food items.
Anna Faris Favorite Things
Anna Faris Facts
- After taking birth in Maryland, she relocated to Edmonds, Washington at the age of 6.
- Anna’s dad was the vice president of internal communications at University of Washington.
- Anna’s first professional acting performance was when she was 9 years old.
- Faris became actress after getting encouragement from her family. They were the ones, who made her to pursue acting as a child.
- Anna has played a lead role as Christy Plunkett in the CBS’s sitcom “Mom”.
- In her lifetime, she has graced several magazine covers such as Cosmopolitan, Playboy, Self, Raygun, and many others.
- She has also been described as “Hollywood’s most original comic actress” by The New Yorker.
- Follow Anna Faris on Twitter.