Constance Elaine Womack
Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.
Nashville, Tennessee, U.S.
Connie Britton studied at E.C. Glass High School in Virginia, U.S.
The American actress graduated with majors in Asian studies and learnt Chinese at the Dartmouth College, New Hampshire. She also studied at the Beijing Normal University.
Connie also studied drama at the Neighborhood Playhouse in New York City.
Actress, singer, film producer
- Father – Edgar Allen Womack, Jr. (Physicist and an energy company executive)
- Mother – Linda Jane (née Cochran) (Music Teacher)
- Siblings – Cynthia Womack (Fraternal Twin)
She is managed by Untitled Entertainment.
Country, Country pop, Country rock
Her music is released via Big Machine Records as a part of TV show Nashville‘s soundtrack.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
58 kg or 128 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Connie Britton dated –
- John Britton (1989-1995) – Connie met an investment banker John Britton at Alpha Delta House during her graduation at the Dartmouth College. In 1989, the two moved to Manhattan and tied the knot in 1991. The couple separated legally in 1995.
Connie Britton adopted a son named, Eyob “Yoby” Britton (b. January 25, 2011) in November 2011 from Ethiopia.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Irish, German, and English descent.
- Beautiful hair
- Sense of humor
- Playing interesting female characters
37-25-35 in or 94-63.5-89 cm
4 (US) or 34 (EU)
She was seen in TV commercials for Hulu Plus’s ‘Get More Fall TV With Hulu Plus’ in 2014, It’s On Us in 2014, etc.
Best Known For
She is best known for playing the role of Sharon Gaines in the sports movie Friday Night Lights (2004) and as Abby Sellers in The Last Winter (2006).
Connie is also famous for her role of queen of country music, Rayna Jaymes in the hit ABC drama series Nashville.
As a singer, Connie has contributed in the TV series Nashville where she has played the character of singer Rayna Jaymes.
Connie Britton’s first film was the comedy-drama movie The Brothers McMullen in 1995 in which she played the character of Molly McMullen.
First TV Show
Her debut TV show was ABC sitcom Ellen from 1995 to 1996 in which she played the role as Heather in 3 episodes.
First Stage Performance
She made her theatre debut in her school days with playwright and actress Caroline Kava’s The Early Girl at The Courtyard Playhouse, New York.
Connie Britton does not like going to the gym, but follows a proper fitness routine. She was into aerobics in her early years and that is one of the reasons that she hates gymming. The actress began eating vegan food in 2008 and loves raw food. She loves to exercise, especially yoga and pilates.
She is an outdoor person and prefers hiking and swimming as these exercises target her entire body and mind. She also meditates.
Connie says that she feels fit and the secret to a healthy living is to find out the values and knowing the body. One needs to know what works best for them to stay fit.
It has to be your life you are living.
Connie Britton Favorite Things
- Song – Purple Rain by Prince
- Movie – Thelma and Louise (1991), Foul Play (1978)
- Music – Rock and Roll, Southern Rock
- Pastime – Hiking, biking, running, volunteer work
- Actress – Elisabeth Moss, Lizzy Caplan, Julianna Margulies
- Singer – Bonnie Raitt
- City – New York
Source – IMDb, EW, Huffington Post
Connie Britton Facts
- Connie Britton was a star theater artist during her high school days.
- During her freshman summer at the Beijing Normal University, her fellow classmate was Kirsten Gillibrand, a U.S. Senator from New York.
- Connie was the roommate of actress Lauren Graham during her college days.
- In her college days, she taught aerobics to make ends meet and while waiting to get hands on some acting assignments after arriving in New York City.
- The actress joined the New York Junior League in 1993. She became the provisional class of volunteers member and enlisted her occupation as an ‘actress’.
- Connie had auditioned for the famous Tom Cruise movie Jerry Maguire (1996) but Renee Zellweger was cast instead.
- She became the 10th Goodwill Ambassador of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) on April 2, 2014. She is among the other celebrities including Spanish tennis player Maria Sharapova, Spanish actor Antonio Banderas, French footballer Zinedine Zidane and Brazilian footballer Ronaldo, who have been the past ambassadors for the organization that fights poverty. Her focus has been poverty eradication, women empowerment, and fighting exclusion.
- She has a home in Hollywood Hills just beneath the D of the Hollywood sign.
- Connie has a pet dog named Lucy which is a pit-mix.
The actress has a resemblance to another American actress Jennifer Warren.
- Connie is good friends with singer and actress Sheryl Crow.
Connie is a liberal democrat.
- You can follow her on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.