The Preacher’s Daughter
Born Place / Residence
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
In 2000, she graduated from Manzano High School in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Post that, she spent 1 year at University of New Mexico.
Mixed Martial Artist (Ultimate Fighting Championship Fighter), former pro boxer and kickboxer
- Father – is pastor for Edgewood Church of Christ
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Brian Holm (Older Brother), Weston Holm (Older Brother)
She is the daughter of a preacher.
- Bantamweight (MMA)
- Light Welterweight
- Welterweight (Boxing & Kickboxing)
- Light Middleweight
69 in or 175 cm
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
61 kg or 135 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Holly is married to Jeff Kirkpatrick. In Cancun, Mexico, the couple got married on April 27, 2012.
Race / Ethnicity
- Well defined muscular body.
- Freckled face
36-27-35 in or 91.5-69-89 cm
8 (US) or 38 (EU)
Intel Pharma sponsors Holly during UFC matches.
She has appeared in ReadyEverySecond.com‘s commercial.
Her religious beliefs are not known.
Best Known For
Winning the Mixed Martial Art’s bantamweight title by defeating Ronda Rousey.
She debuted on January 25, 2002 when she fought a boxing match with Martha Deitchman and won by 1-0 via Technical Knockout (TKO) at Isleta Casino & Resort, Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Uses frequent lateral movement
- Great punching combinations
- Generally waits to attack (generally jab with left hand) with counter-strikes with matching footwork
- Combination of kicking techniques is incredible like fast sidekick, low oblique kick, and left high kick all one by one.
She appeared in the 2015 action film Fight Valley for her role as Payton Walsh.
First TV Show
Holly’s first television appearance was in 2013 in the TV series Bellator MMA Live as herself in an episode entitled “Bellator MMA 91.”
Holm also undergoes a cardio-kickboxing class for fun and muscle recovery. It also provides her with a full body workout and keeps away from boredom unlike gym.
The athlete eats clean and stays away from unwanted greasy food items such as junk food and others. This does not mean she watches her diet / calorie intake closely.
Almond butter and drinks like kombucha and KeVita remains on her good food list.
You may want to check out her UFC 184 workout just before her match with Raquel Pennington.
Holly Holm Favorite Things
- Place – Gym
Source – IMDb
Holly Holm Facts
- While in high school and university, she used to play soccer, gymnastics, aerobics, diving, and swimming before actively getting into boxing and kickboxing.
- She is left handed.
- Holly is a licensed real estate agent.
- On March 4, 2011, she played her first mixed martial arts match.
- Holly Holm defeated MMA fighter, Ronda Rousey on November 15, 2015 UFC match. This was Ronda’s first defeat in the sport.
- She is IFBA Fighter of the Year 2006, and WBAN Fighter of the Year 2007 and 2010.
- In April 2014, during Legacy FC Bantamweight Championship, Holly’s arm got broken, but still she managed to win the match in the fifth round.
- She is very good at knockouts.
- Visit her official website @ hollyholm.com.
- Connect with Holly on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.