Ronda Jean Rousey
Rowdy, The Rowdy One, Rowdy Ronda, The Arm Collector
Riverside County, California, U.S
Venice, California, U.S.
Ronda Rousey was home-schooled for a part during her elementary school days. She attended the high school in Jamestown, North Dakota but dropped out before graduation. She later cleared her GED tests which certify her high school-level academic skills.
Mixed Martial Artist, Judoka, Actress
4th Degree Black Belt in Judo
- Father – Ron Rousey
- Mother – AnnMaria DeMars (nee Waddell)(Winner of World Judo Championship 1984)
- Siblings – Julia DeMars (Younger Sister), Maria Burns-Ortiz (Older Sister), Jennifer Rousey (Older Sister)
- Others – Dennis DeMars (Step-father)
Ronda Rousey is currently attached with Glendale Fighting Club, California and is managed by Darin Harvey of Fight Tribe, MMA.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
135 lbs or 61 kg
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ronda Rousey dated –
- Timothy DiGorrio (2012-2013) – After meeting the fellow martial artist, Timothy DiGorrio in 2012 in LA, California, Ronda started dating him. They were together for a year before calling it quits in 2013.
- Brendan Schaub (2013-2014) – From 2013 to 2014, she was romantically linked with the retired mixed martial artist, Brendan Schaub.
- Travis Browne (2015-Present) – Since 2015, she is dating the mixed martial artist, Travis Browne. Travis competes in the Ultimate Fighting Championship as a heavyweight.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Venezuelan and Afro-Venezuelan ancestry from her mother’s side. She also has English and Polish ancestry.
- Mole under left eye
- Signature armbar
- Trash talking
35-25-34 in or 89-63.5-86 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
9 (US) or 39.5 (EU)
Ronda Rousey has appeared in the TV commercial for Metro PCS phone in 2013. She has also appeared as ‘Insureon Protector’ for the Insurance agency Insureon.
The mixed martial art champion was also signed by Reebok in 2014.
Ronda Rousey has not voiced her views about religion in public. However, she has shown hints of anti-religion at some places which further dissolve any religious attachment on her part.
Best Known For
Ronda Rousey is best known for being the first UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion and also an Olympic medal winner in Judo at the Summer Olympics in Beijing, 2008.
As a Judoka, Ronda Rousey first joined the United States Olympic Team at the age of 15. However, she won her first gold medal in World Junior and Pan American Judo Championship in 2004.
As a mixed martial art debutant, she fought against Hayden Munoz on August 6, 2010 and defeated her.
- Grounds opponent with tosses and sweeps
- Finishes fight with strikes or submissions
- Top position – attacks with punches from side control
- Rear position – Secures back mount and hurls head strikes
- Uses signature armbar
- Uses jabs, knees, and overhand rights while standing
Ronda Rousey has first appeared as Luna in the 2014 ensemble action film The Expendables 3.
She has also played Kara in Furious 7 (2015), and as herself in comedy-drama film Entourage (2015).
Ronda Rousey has been trained by Gokor Chivichyan of the Hayastan MMA Academy. She joined the Glendale Fighting Club after retiring from Judo in 2008 at the age of 21. She is now being trained by Edmond Tarverdyan of the Glendale Fighting Club.
During her Judoka days, she was guided by Jimmy Pedro of Olympic Training Center in Wakefield, Massachusetts.
The mixed martial arts champion has also trained with Romanian Leo Frîncu and Gene Lebell. She is a part of Team Hayastan and trains with fighters such as Manny Gamburyan, Karen Darabedyan, Karo Parisyan and Sako Chivitchian.
Ronda Rousey Favorite Things
- Timepass – Video Game
- Sports – Professional Wrestling
- Animation – Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon
- Pokemon Character – Mew
- Video Game – World of Warcraft, Mario Kart, Just Dance
- Sketch Subject – Sea Life
- Toy – Wrestling Buddy of Hulk Hogan
Ronda Rousey Facts
- She is a part of the teams, Glendale Fighting Club, Gokor Hayastan Academy, and SK Golden Boys.
- She has been placed at the number 1 position at 135 lbs according to the Unified Women’s MMA Rankings.
- The magazine Fight Matrix has listed her at #1 spot for three categories – Current Women’s MMA Bantamweight Fighter, Current Pound for Pound Women’s MMA Fighter, Women’s MMA Fighter of all time.
- During her birth, Rousey nearly died due to a tie with the umbilical cord on her neck which created her a lack of oxygen. She sustained slight brain damage that delayed her ability to speak until the age of 6.
- Rousey had a turbulent childhood with her father committing suicide after learning that he would be a paraplegic and would die soon. She was only 8 years old, by then.
- In 2015, Rousey had raised money by auctioning signed t-shirts for the Black Jaguar White Tiger Foundation which aims at saving tigers from circus and zoos and provide them with the best lifestyle.
- Rousey tried her hand in modeling when she appeared nude on the cover page and a pictorial in the 2012 Body Issue of ESPN, the Magazine.
- The May 2015 issue of Business Insider ranked Rousey as the first among the list of 50 most dominant athletes alive.
- Rousey has also taught martial arts at Dynamic MMA in Venice, California, USA in the past.
- In November 2015, she was hospitalized when she was knocked out (K.O.) by Holly Holm in a UFC fight. Ronda had her lip busted.
- Apart from being an MMA fighter, she also employs herself as a storyline consultant for the educational video game company, 7 Generation Games.
- The autobiography ‘My Fight/ Your Fight’ has been penned by Rousey and her sister Maria Burns Ortiz and was released in May 2015.
- After she made an appearance at the Royal Rumble match in January 2018, it was revealed that she had signed a full-time contract with WWE.
- Connect with Ronda Rousey on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, YouTube, and Official Website.