|Nick Young Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||June 1, 1985|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Nick Young is an American former professional basketball player who is best known for his career as a shooting guard for teams like Washington Wizards, Los Angeles Clippers, Los Angeles Lakers, Golden State Warriors, Philadelphia 76ers, and Denver Nuggets. He played college basketball for the USC Trojans. With the Golden State Warriors, he won an NBA championship in 2018.
Nicholas Aaron Young
Nick, Swaggy P
Los Angeles, California, United States
Young attended Cleveland High School in California where he played until 2004. In his senior year, Nick achieved great numbers and averaged 27.2 points and 10.8 rebounds per game which later resulted in him being ranked the seventh-best player in the US by HoopScoop.
After he finished high school, Nick enrolled himself into the University of Southern California where he stayed until 2007. During his time in college, he was selected to the All-Pac-10 First Team for the 2005-2006 and 2006-2007 seasons.
Prior to his senior season at Southern California, Young decided to quit his studies so he could enter the 2007 NBA Draft.
Professional Basketball Player, Actor
- Father – Charles Young, Sr. (Politician)
- Mother – Mae Young
- Siblings – John Young (Brother), Charles Young Jr. (Brother)
Young is signed with Clear Talent Group.
His agent is Mark Bartelstein.
Shooting Guard / Small Forward
6 ft 7 in or 201 cm
95 kg or 209½ lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nick Young dated –
- Keonna Green (2002-Present) – Nick started dating Keonna Green in 2002 and they were later in an on-again, off-again relationship. They have 3 children together – 2 sons, who were born in 2012 and 2019 and a daughter (b. 2016). They got engaged in 2019.
- Carol Rodriguez (2006-2012) – In September 2006, Nick commenced dating the Puerto Rican track and field athlete Carol Rodriguez. The couple got engaged in August 2012, but only 3 months later, they broke off the engagement and split.
- Iggy Azalea (2013-2016) – In October 2013, Nick began dating the Australian rapper Iggy Azalea. At first, their relationship was characterized as a rumor but in April 2014 during an interview with Hot 97, Azalea confirmed that she and Nick had been together for 8 months. On June 1, 2015, the couple crowned their relationship with an engagement. This relationship also saw an end in June 2016.
- Paloma Ford (2016-2017) – From August 2016 to January 2017, R&B vocalist and occasional rapper Paloma Ford and Nick were an item.
Race / Ethnicity
- Problematic personality
Swaggy P has signed a deal with the popular sportswear company Adidas in the past.
He has also appeared in a TV advert for Finish Line, Nike iD, Target.
Nick is a Christian.
Best Known For
Being a versatile player who can do huge things on the basketball court. Many times, his personality has been discussed to be a driving force for his clutch moments, and magnificent highlights.
First Basketball Match
Nick played his first NBA game on October 31, 2007, as a player of the Washington Wizards against the Indiana Pacers. The Wizards lost the game in overtime with the final score being 110-119.
Swaggy P had his first career start on December 15, 2007, in a 92-79 win against Sacramento Kings.
On November 18, 2014, Young debuted for the Los Angeles Lakers in a 114-109 success over Atlanta Hawks in which he contributed with 17 points and 5 rebounds.
- Ball Handling
- Strong and powerful
First TV Show
Other than basketball matches themselves, Young has been seen in a TV mini-series Thru the Lens (2013). He performed as Nick Young in the episode that aired on June 7, 2013, called Nick Young’s Birthday at Toxic.
The popular Swaggy P is definitely working on his game. Although he is not considered as the hardest worker, he puts the time into his skill development.
Nick Young Favorite Things
- Brand – Saint Laurent
- All-time Sneaker – Nike Air Jordan OG Black and Red, Vans sneakers
- Basic Tee – The Fear of God LA tee
- Jeans – Saint Laurent and Balmain
- Basketball Shoes – Kobe 8s
Source – NBA.com
Nick Young Facts
- He once scored 56 points in a high school game.
- In 2003, he received the CIF L.A. City Section first-team honors. During the same year, Young was ranked as one of the Top Seniors by Athlon Sports Communications.
- For the 2007 NBA Draft, Young was selected as the 16th overall pick by Washington Wizards.
- On January 9, 2010, Nick was charged 10,000 dollars for doing bad stuff together with his teammate Gilbert Arenas in the locker room prior to a game against the Philadelphia 76ers.
- As a Wizard, Young scored his career-high of 43 points in a match against the Sacramento Kings on January 11, 2011.
- On March 15, 2012, Nick joined the Los Angeles Clippers after a three-way trade between Denver Nuggets, Washington Wizards, and Los Angeles Clippers.
- On July 12, 2012, Swaggy P shifted to the Philadelphia 76ers and signed a one-year contract.
- On July 11, 2013, Young signed an agreement with Los Angeles Lakers. A year after on July 21, 2014, he extended his contract for 4 more years for a total of 21.5 million dollars.
- In 2007, Nick appeared in a documentary called Second Chance Season in which his career ups and downs were analyzed.
- His nickname “Swaggy P” is a pseudo-biblical reference to “the Prophet of Swag”.