|Manti Te’o Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1¼ in|
|Date of Birth||January 26, 1991|
Manti Te’o is a professional American Lineback footballer who has played for major NFL teams such as the San Diego Chargers, New Orleans Saints, and the Chicago Bears.
Manti Malietau Louis Te’o
Manti attended middle school at Punahou School, Honolulu. Later, he committed to the University of Notre Dame in 2009. He chose Fighting Irish and was coached under the guidance of Charlie Weis, over Brigham Young and Southern California.
Also, he trained at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida.
- Father – Brian Te’o
- Mother – Ottilia Te’o
- Siblings – BrieAnne Te’o (Sister), Tiare Te’o (Sister), Eden Te’o (Sister), Maya Te’o (Sister), Manasseh Te’o (Brother)
Manti Te’o’s net worth was $3.5 Million according to ‘Celebrity Net Worth’.
6 ft 1¼ in or 186 cm
109 kg or 240.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Manti has dated –
- Jovi Nicole (2020-Present) – Manti got engaged to personal trainer and beauty consultant Jovi Nicole Engbino in February 2020. Later, on August 29, 2020, they got married in San Diego, California. Together, the couple has a daughter named Hiro Te’o (b. August 12, 2021).
Race / Ethnicity
Manti is of Samoan descent.
- His strong jawline
Manti has been featured in commercials for several brands such as Nike.
Manti Te’o Facts
- He started his varsity career in 2006 and during his sophomore career, he earned a place on the second-team all-state roster.
- Te’o had a 3.5 grade-point average in high school and even worked as a volunteer at Shriners Hospital, Head Start.
- Manti was recognized as “state defensive player of the year” by the Honolulu Advertiser and the “state player of the year” by Gatorade in 2007. During his senior year, he was considered to be one of the most celebrated players of his time.
- He was presented with the Butkus Award in 2008, at a high school level.
- Manti has an arm length of 32½ in and a hand span of 9½ in.
- Originally, Manti is from Laie, Hawaii.
- Manti was the first USA Today “Defensive Player of the Year” to commit to the Irish since Kory Minor in 1995.
- In November 2008, Manti became an Eagle Scout.
- He committed to play with the Notre Dame Fighting Irish football team from 2009 to 2012.
- Manti was accused of catfishing in 2013, after he had previously told the media that his grandmother and girlfriend a Stanford University student Lennay Kekua had passed away on September 11, 2012. However, it was reporters Timothy Burke and Jack Dickey who decided to conduct an investigation during which they discovered that Lennay Kekua did not exist. During that time, Manti was reported to be in a hoax relationship with now-transgender Ronaiah “Naya” Tuiasosopo. Further, it was found that the pictures of Lennay were of a girl named Diane O’Meara, who was a former high school classmate of Tuiasosopo.
- In August 2022, a documentary was released on Netflix titled Untold: The Girlfriend Who Didn’t Exist which documented the entire catfishing incident.
- He is a practicing member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Manti has a dog named Prince.
Featured Image By Manti Te’o / Instagram