|Sarah Huckabee Sanders Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||August 13, 1982|
Sarah Huckabee Sanders is best known for working as the White House Secretary under President Donald Trump’s campaign. In her role as the spokesperson of the government, she has had to face stinging attacks and line of questioning from some sections of the left-leaning media. She was also in the news after she, along with her family, was turned away by a restaurant as they didn’t want to serve anybody who has worked with the Trump government.
Sarah Elizabeth Huckabee
Hope, Arkansas, United States
Washington, DC, United States
Sarah Sanders went to the Little Rock Central High School. Then, she got enrolled at the Ouachita Baptist University and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in Political Science and a minor in Mass Communications.
Campaign Manager, Political Advisor
- Father – Mike Huckabee (Politician, Christian minister, Author, Commentator)
- Mother – Janet Huckabee (Politician)
- Siblings – John Mark Huckabee (Brother), David Huckabee (Brother)
- Others – Dorsey Wiles Huckabee (Paternal Grandfather), Mae Huckabee (Paternal Grandmother), Angus Bouie McCain (Maternal Grandfather), Pat McCain (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sarah Sanders has dated –
- Bryan Sanders (2010-Present) – In 2010, Sarah got married to Bryan Sanders in Cruz Bay on the island of St. John, a part of Virgin Islands. They first met while working on her father’s 2008 presidential campaign. Bryan was appointed as a media consultant while she was working as a campaign’s field director. Over the course of their marriage, she has given birth to 3 children.
Race / Ethnicity
She has German, English, and Scots-Irish ancestry.
Sanders identifies herself as a devout Christian.
Best Known For
Being appointed as the 29th White House Press Secretary under the administration of President Donald Trump. She had also served as the Senior Advisor in Trump’s presidential campaign.
First TV Show
In 2016, Sarah Sanders made her first TV show appearance on the talk show, Sunday Morning Futures with Maria Bartiromo.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Facts
- Her first political involvement was in her father’s campaign for U.S. Senate in 1992. However, the bid proved to be unsuccessful for them as they had limited funds and staff.
- During her father’s campaign to get re-elected as the Governor of Arkansas in 2002, she served as the field coordinator.
- Later, Sanders was appointed by President George W. Bush administration to serve as a regional liaison for congressional affairs at the U.S. Department of Education.
- She was appointed as a field coordinator in Ohio for the George W. Bush campaign as he sought to win the 2nd stint as the U.S. President in 2004.
- She is the co-founder of Second Street Strategies, a Little Rock-based general consulting services provider that works on various Republican campaigns.
- She has served as the vice president of Tsamoutales Strategies which is a management, business, and government consulting firm.
- After her father’s failed Presidential campaign in 2008, she was appointed as an executive director of Huck PAC, a political action committee.
- Sanders was later appointed as the national campaign manager for the ONE Campaign which is an international organization that aims to target preventable diseases and global poverty.
- After Sarah’s father bowed out of Republican primaries, she was hired by Donald Trump’s presidential campaign. She was tasked with handling campaign’s communications for coalitions.
- After Trump was selected as the U.S. President, she was appointed as the deputy White House press secretary in the new administration.
- In May 2017, she got an opportunity to handle her first White House press briefing as she was required to stand in for Press Secretary Sean Spicer who was serving his time on Naval Reserve duty.
- After Sean Spicer announced his resignation from the post of Press Secretary, the White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci revealed that Sanders would be the new White House Press Secretary.
- After Dee Dee Myers and Dana Perino, she became the 3rd woman in the history of White House to have been appointed as the press secretary.
- In 2010, the Time magazine included her in their 40 Under 40 list in politics.
- In June 2018, she was forced to leave Red Hen Restaurant in Lexington, Virginia while eating out with her family members because the co-owner and staff of the restaurant didn’t want to serve anyone related to President Trump’s administration.
- In April 2018, she was subjected to stinging comedy monologue by comedian Michelle Wolf during White House Correspondents’ Dinner. Some even felt that Michelle had cruelly mocked and unnecessarily humiliated Sanders.
- Follow Sarah Huckabee Sanders on Twitter.
Featured Image by The White House / YouTube / Public Domain