|George W. Bush Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11½ in|
|Date of Birth||July 6, 1946|
George W. Bush is an American politician who served as the 43rd president of the United States from 2001 to 2009 and as the 46th governor of Texas from 1995 to 2000.
George Walker Bush
Dubya, Junior, 43, Shrub, W, Bushy
New Haven, New Haven County, Connecticut, United States
Prairie Chapel Ranch, Crawford, Texas, United States
George W. Bush studied at The Kinkaid School, a college preparatory school, for 2 years. After that, he attended high school at Phillips Academy, a boarding school in Andover, Massachusetts.
From 1964 to 1968, he attended Yale University and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in history. He then enrolled at Harvard Business School in 1973 and graduated in 1975 with an MBA degree. He became the first U.S. president to have earned an MBA.
- Father – George H. W. Bush (Politician, Diplomat, Businessperson, 41st President of the United States from 1989 to 1993)
- Mother – Barbara Pierce Bush (First Lady of the United States from 1989 to 1993 as the wife of George H. W. Bush)
- Siblings – Pauline Robinson Bush (Younger Sister) (Died of leukemia in 1953), John Ellis “Jeb” Bush (Younger Brother) (Politician, Businessperson), Neil Mallon Bush (Younger Brother) (Businessperson, Investor), Marvin Pierce Bush (Younger Brother) (Businessperson), Dorothy Walker Bush Koch (Younger Sister) (Author, Philanthropist)
- Others – Prescott Sheldon Bush (Paternal Grandfather) (Banker, Republican Party Politician), Dorothy Wear Walker (Paternal Grandmother) (A founding member of the Junior League of Columbus, Ohio), Marvin Pierce (Maternal Grandfather), Pauline Pierce (née Robinson) (Maternal Grandmother), Prescott Jr. (Paternal Uncle), Nancy Walker Bush Ellis (Paternal Aunt) (Environmentalist, Political Campaigner), Jonathan James Bush (Paternal Uncle) (Banker), William Henry Trotter Bush (Paternal Uncle) (Banker, Businessperson), Billy Bush (Cousin) (Radio Personality, TV Host)
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, he has a net worth of $50 Million as of 2023.
5 ft 11½ in or 181.5 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Cathryn Lee Wolfman – He got engaged to Cathryn Lee Wolfman in 1967 but they later called off the engagement.
- Laura Welch (1977-Present) – In 1977, George was introduced to schoolteacher and librarian Laura Welch and they eventually got married on November 5, 1977. They became parents to fraternal twin daughters, Barbara Pierce Bush and Jenna Welch Bush, on November 25, 1981.
- Condoleezza Rice (2000) – It was RUMORed that he had a fling with diplomat and political scientist Condoleezza Rice in 2000. She served as his national security advisor from 2001 to 2005 and as his secretary of state from 2005 to 2009.
Race / Ethnicity
George W. Bush is of English, German, Scottish, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, Welsh, Irish, French, Dutch, Swedish, Belgian (Flemish), and Moravian descent.
Salt and Pepper
Heavy Texan accent
George W. Bush’s Favorite Things
Source – IMDb
George W. Bush Facts
- He was commissioned into the Texas Air National Guard in May 1968 and was honorably discharged from the Air Force Reserve on November 21, 1974.
- He previously struggled with episodes of alcohol abuse and decided to quit alcohol in 1986. He also quit smoking but has often smoked occasional cigars.
- On December 18, 2000, George W. Bush was named “Person of the Year 2000” by Time magazine. Also, he was one of People magazine’s “25 Most Intriguing People of 2001”.
- His memoir titled Decision Points was released on November 9, 2010.
- George W. Bush is an avid reader and prefers biographies and histories. He also enjoys painting.
- He was successfully treated for a coronary artery blockage with a stent on August 6, 2013.
Featured Image by Eric Draper / Executive Office of the President of the United States / U.S. Federal Government / Public Domain