|George H. W. Bush Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2½ in|
|Date of Birth||June 12, 1924|
|Date of Death||November 30, 2018|
George H. W. Bush was an American politician, diplomat, and businessperson who served as the 41st president of the United States from 1989 to 1993.
George Herbert Walker Bush
Skin, The Résumé Candidate, Poppy, The Wimp, 41, Senior, Hefe, Little Pops, Have Half, Sheepskin
He was born on June 12, 1924.
On November 30, 2018, George H. W. Bush died, following a long battle with vascular Parkinson’s disease, at the of 94 at his home in Houston, Texas, United States.
George H.W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum in College Station, Brazos County, Texas, United States
Milton, Norfolk County, Massachusetts, United States
He resided in Houston, Texas, United States.
George H. W. Bush studied at Greenwich Country Day School from 1929 to 1937 and attended Phillips Academy from 1937 to 1942. He also attended Yale College and graduated Phi Beta Kappa in 1948 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics.
Politician, Diplomat, Businessperson
- Father – Prescott Sheldon Bush (Banker, Republican Party Politician)
- Mother – Dorothy Wear Walker (A founding member of the Junior League of Columbus, Ohio)
- Siblings – Prescott Jr. (Older Brother), Nancy Walker Bush Ellis (Younger Sister) (Environmentalist, Political Campaigner), Jonathan James Bush (Younger Brother) (Banker), William Henry Trotter Bush (Younger Brother) (Banker, Businessperson)
- Others – Samuel Prescott Bush (Paternal Grandfather) (Businessperson, Industrialist, Patriarch of the Bush political family), Flora Sheldon Bush (Paternal Grandmother), George Herbert “Bert” Walker (Maternal Grandfather) (Led Wall Street investment bank W. A. Harriman & Co.), Lucretia “Loulie” Wear (Maternal Grandmother), Nancy Walker Ellis Black (Niece), Alexander B. Ellis III (Nephew) (Business Executive, Partner in venture capital firm Rockport Capital), John Prescott Ellis (Nephew) (Journalist, Media Consultant, Partner in venture capital firm Sand Hills Partners), Josiah Wear Ellis (Nephew) (Former Football Executive), Billy Bush (Nephew) (Television Presenter, Radio Personality), Jonathan S. Bush (Nephew) (Technology Entrepreneur), William Prescott “Scott” Bush (Nephew), Louisa Bush McCall (Niece)
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, he had a net worth of $25 Million at the time of his death.
6 ft 2½ in or 189 cm
88 kg or 194 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
George H. W. Bush dated –
- Barbara Pierce (1941-2018) – In December 1941, he met Barbara Pierce at a Christmas dance in Greenwich and they later got engaged in December 1943. On January 6, 1945, they got married in Rye, New York. They had 6 children – George Walker Bush (b. July 6, 1946), Pauline Robinson Bush (December 20, 1949 – October 11, 1953), John Ellis “Jeb” Bush (b. February 11, 1953), Neil Mallon Bush (b. January 22, 1955), Marvin Pierce Bush (b. October 22, 1956), and Dorothy Walker Bush Koch (b. August 18, 1959).
- Jane Morgan (1960) – It is RUMORed that he had a fling with singer Jane Morgan in 1960.
Race / Ethnicity
He was of English, Scottish, German, Irish, Welsh, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, Dutch, Swedish, Belgian (Flemish), and French descent.
Salt and Pepper
Distinctive manner of speaking
He was cast in TV commercials for –
- National Stroke Association (1999)
- Ducks Unlimited (2000)
He was an Episcopalian and a member of St. Martin’s Episcopal Church in Houston.
George H. W. Bush Facts
- He enlisted in the United States Navy as a naval aviator on his 18th birthday and was later commissioned as an ensign in the Naval Reserve at Naval Air Station Corpus Christi on June 9, 1943. He became one of the youngest pilots in the Navy.
- George H. W. Bush was named the Man of the Year by Time magazine in 1990.
- He enjoyed playing golf and was inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame in 2011.
Featured Image by United States Government / archstl.org / Public Domain