|Rohit Purohit Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||June 8, 1986|
Rohit Purohit is an Indian actor and former model who is best known for his important portrayal as Suraj Purohit in Sanskaar Laxmi (2011) and Alexander in Porus (2017-2018). He earned a name for himself with his appearance in several other hit shows such as Aise Karo Naa Vidaa (2010), Chandragupta Maurya (2011-2012), Arjun (2013-2014), Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji. Besides that, the handsome hunk is also used to being called the Hrithik Roshan of the small screen given his muscular physique and incredibly similar looks. With time, he has also worked with several well-known TV show stars like Nidhi Jha, Anas Rashid, Sriti Jha, and Jasmin Bhasin. Besides that, he is also known for having married actress Sheena Bajaj. Rohit has also garnered a huge fan base with more than 200k followers on Instagram.
Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
He divides his time between Mumbai and Jaipur.
Actor, Former Model
- Siblings – He has a younger sister.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
70 kg or 154.5 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
- Veebha Anand
- Sheena Bajaj (2013-Present) – Actress Sheena Bajaj and Rohit Purohit met on the set of Arjun (Season 2) in 2013. The couple had been through a rough patch often, taking breaks from their relationship. However, they stood firm for 5 years with their love for one another and finally, things got back on track. On January 22, 2019, the couple finally tied the knot with one another in Jaipur. According to reports, Sheena was the one to go down on her knees and propose to Rohit who in turn happily said yes.
Race / Ethnicity
For the show, Porus (2017-2018), Rohit’s hair was dyed blonde.
- Attractive eyes
- Shoulder length hair
- Often keeps a french beard
- Muscular physique
- Thick eyebrows
- He has a tattoo of “Sheena” on his wrist
Through his social media, Rohit has either endorsed or promoted many brands like –
- Cutis Skin Solution
- The Man Company
- Aroma Essentials
Best Known For
- Starring as Suraj Purohit in Sanskaar Laxmi (2011) and Alexander in Porus (2017-2018)
- Being cast in several other shows such as Aise Karo Naa Vidaa (2010), Chandragupta Maurya (2011-2012), Arjun (2013-2014), Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji
- Marrying actress Sheena Bajaj
- Uploading pictures of his ripped and muscular physique to his eponymous Instagram account
First TV Show
Rohit made his debut TV show appearance as Chitwan alongside actors Saurabh Pandey and Sriti Jha in Shaurya Aur Suhani in 2009.
Rohit begins his workout routine with a casual swim in the morning every day. Besides that, he goes to the gym on a daily basis. As of December 2017, he was training with international bodybuilder and personal trainer Mahesh Rao at the Spectra Wellness Hub which is situated in Kandivali West, Mumbai. In a video taken while he was working out, it can be seen that Rohit begins his routine on an exercise bike, then moves over to the treadmill.
Once his body is warmed up, he then does pull-ups after which, he switches over to doing chest fly exercises. Within his workout routine, he also does several other exercises such as seated cable rows, chest press, high cable chest fly, and pushups. After he completes his workout, he then does a few cool exercises using light weights to relax his muscles.
Rohit also prefers to workout at home on days when he is not able to go to the gym.
His pre-workout meal consists of a variety of fruits like watermelon, apple, marshmallow, and pomegranate. Then for breakfast, he eats his oatmeal which is mixed with bananas and protein powder. Besides that, he also follows a set diet plan.
Rohit Purohit Favorite Things
- TV Show – Aise Karo Naa Vidaa (2010)
- Bollywood Actor – Hrithik Roshan and Aamir Khan
- Bollywood Actress – Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra
- Cartoon Character – Noddy
Source – Telly Chakkar
Rohit Purohit Facts
- He grew up in Jaipur, Rajasthan and later, moved to Mumbai to become an actor.
- Rohit was in class 3 when he discovered his first crush who was, Karishma Kapoor. He also had a crush on his music teacher.
- In the past, Rohit was a model.
- He finds Indian police service officer, social activist, former tennis player, and politician Kiran Bedi to be someone to look up to.
- When he’s not on screen melting hearts, Rohit loves to sing and click pictures. He had started singing at a very young age and often performed for a cheering audience.
- He is very skilled at playing the guitar.
- In an interview, Rohit had stated that besides Jaipur and Mumbai, he once lived in Delhi too.
- Rohit and actor Gaurav Arora are best of friends.
- He finds himself at peace mostly when he’s listening to music or at the gym working out.
- Purohit is often said to be a lookalike of his favorite actor Hrithik Roshan.
- Under that hardcore muscular physique of his, lies an emotional side of Rohit.
- When asked how would he rate himself as an actor on a scale of 1 to 10, he gave himself a 6.
- He can cook up a delicious dish.
- In Porus, he portrayed the role of “Alexander the Great” who was the king of the ancient Greek kingdom of Macedon. He also learned to ride a horse. Irish actor Colin Farrell also portrayed Alexander in Oliver Stone’s 2004 eponymous biopic.
- Initially, Rohit had died the role of Alexander twice.
- Rohit is not a superstitious kind of person.
- He prefers the beach to the mountains.
- Rohit has a lot of quotes that he has framed and nailed on to his bedroom wall so that he is constantly reminded about his goal.
- The first book he read was Train to Pakistan (1956) by Khushwant Singh.
- He dislikes people who lie and dishonesty.
- In May 2019, he was crowned Man Of The Match as a team member of Bengaluru Warriors at the Box Cricket League 4. He played against Kolkata Baabu Moshayes which was headed by actor Suyyash Rai.
- He wears mostly black or white apparel.
- Rohit is obsessed with collecting perfumes and caps.
- He does not consume any kind of alcoholic beverages. However, he does like to smoke a hookah.
- In his free time, he prefers to get as much sleep as possible.
- Rohit is a conservative person and finds it difficult to make friends.
- Follow him on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image By Rohit Purohit / Instagram