|Sriti Jha Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||February 26, 1986|
Sriti Jha is a multi-award winning Indian actress who is known for her prominent appearance in several hit TV shows such as Jiya Jale (2007-2008), Jyoti (2009), Dil Se Di Dua… Saubhagyavati Bhava? (2011), and Balika Vadhu (2013). However, she is very-well distinguished as Pragya Arora in producer Ekta Kapoor’s KumKum Bhagya which first telecasted on Zee TV in 2014. She has also received several awards such as the Indian Telly Award and Gold Award. Sriti has also made cameo appearances in several other successful shows such as A Table for Two (2017) and Kundali Bhagya (2017). She also has a huge fan base with more than 1 million followers on Instagram and more than 100k followers on Twitter.
Titu, Jhalli, Fuggi
Begusarai, Bihar, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Sriti studied at the Modern Indian School in Kathmandu before moving to Delhi where she joined Laxman Public School. After that, she went on to study at the Sri Venkateshwara College, where she graduated from with a Bachelor of Arts in English.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sriti has dated –
- Vikrant Massey (2007-2008) – Sriti was rumored to have been dating her Dhoom Machao Dhoom co-star Vikrant Massey while working together from 2007 to 2008. During that time, the duo was also said to have been allegedly ‘married to one another’ according to actor Samir Sharma who had put up a post on his Facebook profile asking people to congratulate Vikrant and Sriti on their marriage. However, it turned out that the news was fake and he had received the wrong information.
- Harshad Chopda – In the past, Sriti was said to be dating her on-screen love interest in Dil Se Di Dua… Saubhagyavati Bhava? (2011). Though due to the lack of evidence, nothing can be exactly be said about the duo’s life off-screen.
- Kunal Karan Kapoor (2018) – Actor Kunal Karan Kapoor and Sriti were believed to have been in a long-term relationship with one another. However, there is no concrete evidence apart from a couple of friendly pictures that had been uploaded to Sriti’s social media. Though, what astonishes fans is that, despite the widely spread rumors, neither of the two had come forth to denounce the speculations.
Race / Ethnicity
- Raised eyebrows
- Wears a pair of round glasses when not on screen
Through her social media, Sriti has either endorsed or promoted several brands such as –
- Accessorize India
She has also promoted several designers such as –
- Ankita Patel
- Neetu Rohra
- Nitya Bajaj
Best Known For
- Being cast as Sunaina Kotak in Jiya Jale (2007-2008), Sudha/Devika in Jyoti (2009), Jhanvi/Sia in Dil Se Di Dua… Saubhagyavati Bhava? (2011), Ganga in Balika Vadhu (2013) and Pragya Arora in Kumkum Bhagya
- Winning several awards such as the Indian Telly Award and Gold Award
First TV Show
Sriti made her debut TV show appearance as Malini Sharma in Disney India’s Dhoom Machaao Dhoom in 2007.
As a voice actress, she made her debut as a narrator in Naagin 2 in 2016.
In order to keep herself fit, she practices the art of yoga and also enjoys dancing.
To keep her skin glowing and radiant, Sriti drinks at least 2 glasses of juice every day. She also consumes plenty of water to wash away the toxins present in her body.
Sriti also prefers to eat lots of fruits in between her meals.
She always removes her makeup to give her skin the chance to breathe which according to her is essential for her to look beautiful any given time of the day.
To remove her makeup, she follows a simple step, beginning with using a suitable oil-based product to help her keep her skin from turning flaky as she has dry skin. After that, she does not apply anything for a while so that her pores can rejuvenate after being clogged with makeup for long hours. Then before going to bed, she cleanses her face with glycerine and lime but only does it on alternate days.
Aside from applying makeup, she also believes that in order to look beautiful, it is essential for a woman to feel beautiful and smile.
Sriti Jha Favorite Things
- Food – Panipuri
- Actors – Hrithik Roshan, Shreyas Talpade
- Colors – White, Black, Red, Blue
- Past Time – Reading
- Character From Four More Shots Please – Siddhi Patel
- Actress – Deepika Padukone, Alia Bhatt
Sriti Jha Facts
- She spent 10 years of her childhood in Kolkata before shifting to Kathmandu, and finally settling in Delhi. After graduating from college, she got her big break in the film industry and moved to Mumbai.
- On-screen, Sriti is a loving mother and wife but off-screen, she is an avid reader, poet, adventurer, and a fashionista.
- In 2004, she joined an English dramatics fellowship called ‘Verbum’ in Delhi. Later, she was chosen as the president of the society. She had also won the “Best Actor” award at the Delhi University dramatics circuit for the character she portrayed in the play Ritual In Blood.
- In 2008, she took part alongside actress Rubina Dilaik in the dance show Nachle Ve with Saroj Khan.
- She won an Indian Telly Award for “Best Actress In Lead Role” for her character as Pragya Arora in KumKum Bhagya in 2015.
- Sriti had penned down her lines for her character as Dr. Ganga Ratan Singh in Balika Vadhu (2015) and Jhanvi Dobriyal / Sia Raghavendra Pratap Singh in Dil Se Di Dua… Saubhagyavati Bhava? (2011-2013).
- As of 2019, Sriti was attending Ukulele classes with Luv Mahtani in Mumbai.
- In 2019, she took part at the Spoken Fest which was held at the Jio Garden in Mumbai. Sriti recited a poem titled ‘ChhabiGumGayi’ which was based on the acceptance of Indian lesbianism.
- Sriti’s love for reading started at an early age.
- She is a feminist and humanitarian who supports gender equality and the LGBTQ community.
- Sriti’s fans refer to her as ‘The Beauty Queen’.
- Not many of her fans knew that she was the person behind the narration that started off the first episode of Naagin 2 (2017) starring actress Mouni Roy who is also Sriti’s close friend.
- She enjoys shopping for her clothes from the online store Fabindia.
- Connect with Sriti on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Sriti Jha / Instagram