Deepika Padukone attended Sophia High School in Bangalore and completed her pre-university studies at Mount Carmel College, Bangalore.
Deepika was enrolled in Indira Gandhi National Open University in Bachelors of Arts (Sociology) when she got her first film. She had to quit the degree in between.
To learn more about acting, she went to Anupam Kher’s film academy.
Actress and former model
- Father – Prakash Padukone (Former Badminton Player)
- Mother – Ujjala Padukone (Travel Agent)
- Siblings – Anisha Padukone (Younger Sister; born on February 2, 1991) (Golfer)
- Others – Ramesh (Paternal Grandfather) (Secretary of the Mysore Badminton Association)
Kwan Entertainment (Mumbai, India)
5 ft 7½ in or 171.5 cm
60 kg or 132 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Deepika dated –
- Muzammil Ibrahim (2004) – She was engaged to actor Muzammil Ibrahim briefly in 2004.
- Nihar Pandya – Deepika dated her first boyfriend Nihar when she was not well known as an actress (mainly during her modeling days) and broke out to better focus on her acting career. But, a couple of years later, she was again spotted with Nihar.
- Ranbir Kapoor (2007-2008) – Ranbir and Deepika remained an item for quite some time. They had appeared together on-screen in the 2008 film Bachna Ae Haseeno.
- Yuvraj Singh (2008) – Deepika, when she was still an emerging actress dated Indian cricketer, Yuvraj Singh briefly nearing 2008. The relationship ended when Yuvi started interfering in Deepika’s personal matters on what to wear and with whom she should meet.
- Siddharth Mallya (2010-2012) – For about two years, from March 2010 to February 2012, the actress Deepika and business tycoon Siddharth Mallya were an item. They split after Deepika ended the relationship citing “irreconcilable differences in class and status”.
- Ranveer Singh (2013-Present) – Ram-Leela (2013) co-star, Ranveer Singh was RUMORed to be dating Deepika at that time. They had been seen getting cozy during the parties multiple times. But, neither of the party confirmed their relationship. But, they admitted about their relationship with time. In November 2018, the couple tied the knot at Lake Como, Italy in a traditional Konkani ceremony.
Race / Ethnicity
She was born to Konkani parents (originating from Goa and coastal Karnataka).
- Dimpled smile
- Attractive personality
34-24-36 in or 86-61-91.5 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
9 (US) or 39.5 (EU)
She has endorsed brands like Liril, Dabur Lal powder, Close-Up toothpaste, Limca, Jewels of India, Parachute’s Advanced Massager, Levi Strauss (India) Pvt. Ltd., Maybelline, etc.
Best Known For
Having best body in business and her first film in Bollywood opposite Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Om Shanti Om’ in 2007 for which she got ‘Filmfare Best Female Debut Award’.
First Fashion Show
Deepika debuted on the runway at Lakme Fashion Week in 2005 when she walked for designer Suneet Varma.
2006 Kannada language film ‘Aishwarya’ for her role as ‘Aishwarya’. In 2007, she appeared in hit Hindi film ‘Om Shanti Om’ for her role as ‘Shantipriya/Sandhya (Sandy)’.
Deepika has always been active in sports, especially badminton since her childhood. Then in 10th, she decided to become a model. So, she was lean and eating right as a kid and is practicing the same ritual.
You can also read more about her diet and workout routine.
Deepika Padukone Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – South Indian Food, particularly, Dosa, Upma
- Favorite Movies – Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995), The Color of Paradise (1999), Cinderella Man(2005), Mary Poppins (1964)
- Favorite Actors – Aamir Khan, Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt, Amitabh Bachchan
- Favorite Actress – Hema Malini, Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi
- Favorite Indian Designers – Tarun Tahiliani, Manish Malhotra, Rohit Bal
- Favorite Color – White and Mauve
- Favorite Perfume – Hugo Boss
- Favorite Book – Little Women
- Favorite Holiday Destination – France
Source – IMDb
Deepika Padukone Facts
- Deepika Padukone loves music, eating, sleeping, and watching movies and played badminton at national level till 10th standard.
- Deepika, in 2009, started writing weekly columns for HT City, the lifestyle section of Hindustan Times. These columns appear online on the social network, Desimartini.
- Deepika was awarded the title “Model of the Year” at the fifth annual Kingfisher Fashion Awards in 2005.
- At the age of 1, she shifted to Bangalore, India from Denmark with her family.
- As a child, she was a socially difficult person. So, she didn’t have many friends.
- She has played badminton at national levels too.
- It is said that her younger sister Anisha liked playing all kinds of sports except badminton in childhood.
- When in 10th standard, she decided to become a professional model.
- She has founded an organization in India – The Live Love Laugh Foundation to bring awareness about mental health.
- She has faced the problem of depression in her life. It is after overcoming depression that she founded the Live Love Foundation.
- Catch Deepika on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.