|Luv Ranjan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Year of Birth||1984|
Luv Ranjan is an Indian film director, writer, and producer who is best known for directing films such as Pyaar Ka Punchnama (2011), Akaash Vani (2013), Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 (2015), and Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety (2018). He has produced the films Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety (2018), De De Pyaar De (2019), Jai Mummy Di (2020), Malang (2020), and Chhalaang (2020). He has also written the screenplay of several films including Pyaar Ka Punchnama (2011), Akaash Vani (2013), Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 (2015), Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety (2018), De De Pyaar De (2019), and Chhalaang (2020).
Luv Ranjan was born in the year 1984.
Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Luv had attended the St. Paul’s Academy in his hometown of Ghaziabad. After his high school graduation, he had joined the Hindu College, a constituent college of the University of Delhi, a collegiate public central university in New Delhi.
He had later studied at the Asian Academy of Film and Television (AAFT), a private institution in Noida, Uttar Pradesh. In the mid-2000s, he had taken a writing course at the New York Film Academy – School of Film and Acting (NYFA), a for-profit film and acting school in New York City.
Film Director, Writer, Producer
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Luv has dated –
- Alisha Vaid (2022-Present) – Luv got married to his long-term girlfriend Alisha Vaid in February 2022 in a ceremony that was held in Agra, Uttar Pradesh.
Race / Ethnicity
- Stocky frame
- Short-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a thick beard
Luv Ranjan Facts
- Before making his directorial debut in 2011, Luv used to assist the renowned filmmaker, film director, producer, and writer Suneel Darshan. He had served as the assistant director in 3 of Suneel’s films titled Barsaat (2005), Dosti: Friends Forever (2005), and Mere Jeevan Saathi (2006). Soon after the filming for the last of these films was completed, he had taken a break to take up a writing course at the New York Film Academy – School of Film and Acting (NYFA).
- In an interview, he had recounted the story of how he got to work with Suneel. He was traveling to Nashik, Maharashtra when he got a call from Suneel after which he had deboarded the train and taken a cab back to Mumbai. Luv was interviewed the following day and hired soon after.
- He had turned to production in 2012 with his childhood friend and co-producer Ankur Garg. Soon after this, they had co-founded the Mumbai-based film production company Luv Films.
- In October 2018, an actress who had worked in the 2011 Indian Hindi-language romantic comedy film Pyaar Ka Punchnama (which was written and directed by Luv), had leveled allegations of s*xual harassment against him. She had claimed that Luv had harassed her on the sets of the film. He had denied all allegations and many actors and actresses from that film had come out in his support by stating that the accuser was only trying to gain some media attention and that coming out with such allegations 7 years after the alleged episode showed that the actress was only trying to gain some publicity.
- Luv Ranjan directed Tu Jhoothi Main Makkaar was released in 2023. But, Shraddha Kapoor was not his first choice. It was Deepika Padukone. She had signed the film initially. But, when Ranjan’s name came in the sexual misconduct, she dropped herself from the film project since her fans wanted her to do so.
Featured Image by Luv Ranjan / Instagram