|Shraddha Kapoor Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||March 3, 1987|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Shraddha Kapoor is an Indian actress, singer, dancer, and model who has appeared in a variety of films including Haider, Aashiqui 2, Teen Patti, Half Girlfriend, A Flying Jatt, Batti Gul Meter Chalu, Stree, Street Dancer 3D, Chhichhore, Ek Villain, and Luv Ka The End.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Kapoor attended Jamnabai Narsee School in Juhu, Mumbai before joining the American School of Bombay. Then, she enrolled herself at Boston University to study theatre. But, she quit her studies during freshman year (or first year) in order to pursue a career in acting.
Model, Actress, Singer, Dancer
- Father – Shakti Kapoor (Actor)
- Mother – Shivangi Kapoor (née Kohlapure)
- Sibling – Siddhanth Kapoor (Older Brother) (Former Disc Jockey turned assistant director turned actor)
- Others – Pandharinath Kolhapure (Maternal Grandfather) (Classical Singer), Nirupama Kolhapure (Maternal Grandmother), Padmini Kolhapure (Aunt) (Actress), Tejaswini Kolhapure (Aunt) (Actress, Model), Deenanath Mangeshkar (Maternal Relative) (Marathi Theatre Actor, Natya Sangeet Musician, Hindustani Classical Vocalist), Vedika Saraswat (Cousin), Priyank Sharma (Cousin), Lata Mangeshkar (Great Aunt) (Playback Singer, Music Director), Asha Bhosle (Great Aunt) (Playback Singer), Meena Khadikar (Great Aunt) (Playback Singer, Composer), Usha Mangeshkar (Great Aunt) (Singer), Hridaynath Mangeshkar (Great Uncle) (Music Director)
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shraddha has dated –
- Vanraj Zaveri – Vanraj is the son of a businessman, who owns and runs various jewelry shops in the country. He is also Kapoor’s childhood friend. As they used to remain together most of the time, they started dating. Their relationship went quite long, more than 5 years. Vanraj used to support her as an actress. He even traveled to Boston University, where she studied for a couple of months, just to meet her. But, this relationship came to an end when she returned to back to India to start a career in acting.
- Aditya Roy Kapur (2012) – She was rumored to be dating her Aashiqui 2 co-star, Aditya Roy Kapur (who served as a former VJ for Channel V). The duo was seen romancing together in the city.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Punjabi descent on her father’s side and has Marathi and Konkani roots on her mother’s side.
32-25-35 in or 81-63.5-89 cm
According to her fans, she wears a shoe of size 7.
Cosmetic giant Lakme (June 2013), Shunya Drinks (2021)
Best Known For
Acting in the film, Aashiqui 2 as Arohi Keshav Shirke in 2013
She debuted with the 2010 Bollywood film, Teen Patti for her role as Aparna Khanna (or Apu). She was also nominated for “Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut”.
But, she became widely known after her third film achieved great success in the box office, Aashiqui 2.
2013 Bollywood romantic musical drama film, Aashiqui 2 for her role as Arohi Keshav Shirke. She was in the lead role in the film as the love interest of Aditya Roy Kapoor (who portrayed the role of Rahul Jaykar). Her work was immensely appreciated by the critics.
Shraddha thanks her parents for the amazing genes, due to which she is able to get such a fantastic figure. For the movie, Aashiqui 2, she went on a special diet also. The actress was though sad about that. She had to skip her favorite foods. She tweeted –
“Gymming shuru…favorite khaana band. Kuch paane ke liye, kuch khona padta hai. Booohoooo phir thoda rona padta hai.”
On asking about her workout regime, she just revealed that she goes to gym for exercises and eats a special diet to maintain that slim-trim frame.
Shraddha Kapoor Favorite Things
- Movie – Pyaasa, Titanic, The Notebook
Source – Filmfare.com
Shraddha Kapoor Facts
- She became famous with her third film, Aashiqui 2, which was a hit on the box office.
- Her father, Shakti Kapoor is reminded off of Waheeda, and Madhubala as he sees his daughter Shraddha in action.
- In 2012, she had won the “Stardust Searchlight Award For Best Actress” for the movie “Luv Ka The End”.
- She has been featured in the 2013 romantic comedy film, Gori Tere Pyaar Mein directed by Punit Malhotra.
- On asking what she would be if she weren’t an actress, she revealed to Filmfare magazine, “Frankly, I have no idea. Coming from a filmi background (her dad is Shakti Kapor and aunt Padmini Kolhapure), I was always inclined towards films and it all just fell into place.”
- With a fan base of more than 50 million followers, she became the 4th most followed Indian on Instagram in 2020.
- As part of actor Sushant Singh Rajput‘s alleged suicide investigations, she was summoned by the Narcotics Control Bureau in September 2020.
- In January 2022, Shraddha had officiated her friend and makeup artist’s wedding, Shraddha Naik.
- In June 2022, her brother Siddhanth was detained in a police raid for consuming drugs at a rave party at Park Hotel’s pub in Bengaluru. He was among the 6 people who were tested positive for drug usage. Before this incident, his name had also appeared in 2008 for the same reason (drugs).
- In February 2021, she invested in the beverage brand Shunya.