|Lata Mangeshkar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||September 28, 1929|
|Date of Death||February 6, 2022|
Lata Mangeshkar was a world-renowned Indian playback singer, music director, and producer who is considered the gem of the Indian music industry. For her contributions to the world of entertainment, she had received several honors and awards including the Dadasaheb Phalke Award, Bharat Ratna, and Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award.
Lata, Queen of Melody, Voice of the Nation, Voice of the Millennium, Nightingale of India
Lata Mangeshkar was born on September 28, 1929.
Lata Mangeshkar died at the age of 92 on February 6, 2022, at 8:12 AM, due to multi-organ failure after more than 28 days of hospitalization post-COVID-19 at the Bridge Candy Hospital, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Indore, Indore State, Central India Agency, British India (Later: Madhya Pradesh, India)
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Playback Singer, Music Director, Producer
- Father – Pandit Deenanath Mangeshkar (Theatre Actor, Natya Sangeet Musician, Hindustani Classical Vocalist)
- Mother – Shevanti
- Siblings – Meena Khadikar (Younger Sister), Asha Bhosle (Younger Sister) (Singer), Usha Mangeshkar (Younger Sister) (Singer), Hridaynath Mangeshkar (Younger Brother) (Music Director)
- Others – Shraddha Kapoor (Great Grand-Niece) (Actress, Dancer)
Bollywood, Indian Folk, Devotional & Spiritual, World
Her music had been released via Interra, Sony Music Entertainment India Pvt. Ltd., Super Cassettes Industries Private Limited, and Saregama.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She was of Marathi descent on her father’s side and had Gujrati ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Soulful voice
- Pierced ears
Lata Mangeshkar Facts
- She had sung songs in more than 36 languages.
- Lata Mangeshkar became the 2nd vocalist, after M. S. Subbulakshmi, to receive the Bharat Ratna in 2001.
- Her recording credits include more than a thousand Hindi films.
- In 2007, she was honored with the highest civilian award, i.e. Officer of the Legion of Honour, of France.
- Lata Mangeshkar loved diamond jewelry.
- She had stated that she did not like the concept of remixing songs.
- ‘Lata Eau de Parfum’ was a perfume named after her.
- She had amassed a huge social media fan base with more than 15 million followers on Twitter and more than 9 million followers on Facebook.
- In January 2022, Lata was admitted to ICU after she had been tested positive for COVID-19. After undergoing numerous days of treatment at the hospital, she lost her battle to COVID-19 on February 6, 2022.
- Lata Mangeshkar was cremated with full state honors at Mumbai’s Shivaji Park crematorium. Shah Rukh Khan, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Sachin Tendulkar, and many other important personalities had attended her funeral.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / BollywoodHungama.com / CC BY 3.0