|Narendra Modi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||September 17, 1950|
|Spouse||Jashodaben Narendrabhai Modi|
Narendra Modi is an Indian politician who became the 14th Prime Minister of India in 2014 and represents the Bhartiya Janta Party. He served as the Chief Minister of Gujarat for 13 years from 2001 to 2014. Modi is the first non-congress Prime Minister to win twice consecutively in 2014 and 2019 respectively. He joined the BJP in 1985. Modi belonged to an OBC family and has made his way up through these years. He has initiated various movements to put an end to corruption like Demonetization and the GST act. He has also been a figure of controversy due to his Hindutva ideologies.
Narendra Damodardas Modi
Namo, Chaiwala, Chaukidaar, Naren
Vadnagar, Bombay State, India (Currently Gujarat)
7, Lok Kalyan Marg, New Delhi, India
Modi completed his higher secondary education from his hometown Vadnagar and later graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in political science from the School of Open Learning at the University of Delhi. He completed his post-graduation from Gujarat University with a Master of Arts in political science.
- Father – Damodardas Mulchand Modi
- Mother – Hiraben Modi (1923-2022)
- Siblings – Prahlad Modi (Brother), Pankaj Modi (Brother), Soma Modi (Brother), Amrit Modi (Brother), Vasantiben Hasmukhlal Modi (Sister)
Narendra Modi is managed by the Prime Minister’s Office in Delhi.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
- Jashodaben Narendrabhai Modi (1968-Present) – Jashodaben and Narendra Modi got married in the year 1968. They have an estranged marriage.
Race / Ethnicity
- Dynamic Personality
Modi has endorsed brands like –
- Incredible India
- Ministry of Commerce and Industry
Narendra Modi Favorite Things
- Food – White Khatta Dhokla, Khilli hui Khichdi, Besan Khandvi, Undhiyu, Almond Pistachio Shrikhand
- Song – O Pavan Weg se Udhne waale ghode
- Movies – Guide
- Books – Life Of Benjamin Franklin, Biography of Swami Vivekanand
- Leaders – Swami Vivekanand, Mahatma Gandhi
- Singers – Lata Mangeshkar
Source – AjantaNews.com, NarendraModi.in
Narendra Modi Facts
- He became the 14th Prime Minister of India in 2014.
- He was born into a family of an oil-pressing community.
- Narendra Modi left his house when he was 17 years old to wander into the Himalayas and take complete sanyas.
- He wanted to get into the Indian Army but due to financial constraints, he could not do so.
- He was a tea seller at Vadnagar station.
- His father died of bone cancer in 1989.
- He used to mop the floor when he joined the RSS.
- In the past, he had done a 3-month course in the United States on Image Management and Public Relations.
- He is a great admirer and follower of Swami Vivekanand.
- He is the 2nd most followed world leader in the world.
- In 2010, under his leadership as the Chief Minister, Gujarat became the 2nd best state in India.
- It was believed that during his 13-year tenure as the Chief Minister of Gujarat, he never took a holiday.
- He believes in digitalization and has introduced movements such as the Digital India movement.
- His signature is always in Hindi and is known to stick to his mother tongue even at the United Nations.
- He is a fitness enthusiast and practices yoga every morning.
- In 2016, Madame Tussaud Wax Museum unveiled his wax statue.
- He has written books like Exam Warrior (2018) for children.
- In 2019, he took the oath 2nd time as the Prime Minister of India.
- In March 2021, he received the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- In 2021, he was ranked #2 in the list of “50 Most Influential People on Twitter” as per Brandwatch Consumer Research. Taylor Swift was ranked #1.
- In December 2021, his Twitter account was compromised briefly. The hackers had used his account to announce that Bitcoin had become legal tender.
- Modi was ranked #8 in the list of the world’s most admired men of 2021 as per data company YouGov. Barack Obama was ranked #1.
- In December 2021, Modi had upgraded his car to Mercedes-Maybach S650 Guard worth INR 12 crore. This was a bullet-proof car (can withstand hardened steel core bullets), provided with VR10 level protection. Before this, he was using Range Rover Vogue and the Toyota Land Cruiser.
- On the occasion of India’s 73rd Republic Day on January 26, 2022, Modi had sent personal messages to several people including cricketers Chris Gayle and Jonty Rhodes.
- In July 2022, he inaugurated the National Emblem, present on the rooftop of the new Parliament building. It is made of bronze with a total weight nearing 9,500 kg and is 6.5 meters tall.
- In December 2022, Narendra Modi’s brother Prahlad Modi (accompanied by his wife, son, daughter-in-law, and grandson) had suffered minor injuries in a car accident near Karanataka’s Mysuru. Their Mercedes Benz car had hit the road divider near 2 PM. His grandson fractured his leg. All people were admitted to Mysru’s JS Hospital.
- On December 30, 2022, Narendra’s mother Hiraben died at 3:30 am while her treatment at Ahmedabad’s UN Mehta Hospital was ongoing. She was aged 99 (with some sources claiming she was 100 years old). She was cremated in Gujarat.
- For January 26, 2023’s Republic Day parade, Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi was invited as a chief guest. With this, he became the 1st top Egyptian leader to get an invite.
- On February 8, 2023, Modi was seen wearing a jacket made by recycling plastic bottles in Parliament. The jacket was gifted to him by Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) during India Energy Week in Bengaluru.
- In May 2023, Modi received the highest honor of Fiji – ‘Companion of the Order of Fiji’.
Featured Image by Narendra Modi / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0