|Taylor Swift Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||December 13, 1989|
Taylor Swift is an American singer, songwriter, record producer, actress, and music video director who is one of the best-selling music artists of all time as she has sold more than 50 million albums and 150 million singles worldwide. The phenomenal artist has also won at least 12 Grammy Awards, an Emmy Award, and 101 Guinness World Records and has released albums like Fearless, Speak Now, 1989, Reputation, and Folklore.
Taylor Alison Swift
Swifty, Aly, Tails, T, Tayter Tot, TayTay, T-Swift, The Poet Laureate of Puberty, T-Fugly, T-Swizzle, Tay, America’s Sweetheart, Nils Sjöberg
West Reading, Pennsylvania, United States
For her preschool and kindergarten, she went to Alvernia Montessori School. Swift went to Wyndcroft School and at 9, she attended West Reading Elementary Center and Wyomissing Area Junior/Senior High School, Pennsylvania, United States.
Swift also attended Hendersonville High School in Tennessee, United States for her freshman and sophomore years.
She had a busy touring schedule and due to that, she decided to shift to homeschooling. For that, she joined a private Christian school, Aaron Academy, and opted for their homeschooling services. Taylor, then, completed her remaining two years (junior, and senior) in just 1 year and earned her diploma in 2008.
Singer, Songwriter, Philanthropist, Actress, Record Producer, Music Video Director
- Father – Scott Kingsley Swift (Merrill Lynch financial adviser)
- Mother – Andrea Finlay (Homemaker) (Previously worked as a mutual fund marketing executive)
- Siblings – Austin Swift (Brother) (Photographer, Actor)
Swift is signed with these agencies –
- WME Talent Agency
- Richard De La Font Agency
- World Entertainment Talent Agency
Country, pop-rock, pop, country-pop
Vocals, guitars (acoustic, electric, banjo), piano, ukulele
Big Machine, RCA Records, Republic Records
Taylor Swift’s net worth was estimated at $740 million in June 2023 as per Forbes.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Taylor Swift has dated –
- Brandon Borello (2005)
- Sam Armstrong (2006)
- Patrick Schwarzenegger – (Rumor) American model and entrepreneur.
- Tim Tebow – (Rumor) American Football Player for New York Jets of National Football League (NFL)
- Zac Efron – (Rumor) American actor and singer.
- Joe Jonas (July 2008 – October 2008) – Taylor and Joe dated briefly in 2008. Taylor wrote a song about their relationship, “Forever & Always”, “Last Kiss” and “Better Than Revenge”. Joe broke up with her over the phone in late 2008.
- Tyson Ritter – Taylor reportedly dated singer Tyson Ritter in the past.
- Lucas Till (2009) – Actor Lucas Till started dating Swift in 2009. The two first met on the set of the 2009 movie, Hannah Montana: The Movie. Lucas, who is younger than Swift, is also present in the music video of Swift’s song “You Belong With Me”. However, they parted ways soon after.
- Taylor Lautner (2009) – On the set of the 2010 movie Valentine’s Day, the two Taylors met each other in September 2009 and started dating. After dating briefly, they separated in December 2009. Swift also wrote two songs dedicated to Lautner, viz. “Back to December” and “Begin Again”.
- Cory Monteith (2010) – Swift was rumored to have had a fling with Canadian actor Cory Monteith in January 2010.
- John Mayer (2010) – After meeting at Grammy Awards 2009, the singers became an item for more than a month from July to August 2010. She wrote the song “Dear John” about him.
- Toby Hemingway (2010) – After separating from John Mayer, she dated English actor Toby for a couple of months until October 2010. They met during the filming of Swift’s music video “Mine”.
- Jake Gyllenhaal (2010) – Soon after, she dated actor Gyllenhaal for a couple of months until December 2010. He is roughly 9 years older than her.
- Adam Young – RUMOR
- Chord Overstreet (2011) – In 2011, actor Chord Overstreet was rumored to have had a fling with Taylor when they were found on a date watching hockey game of the LA Kings.
- Garrett Hedlund (2011) – RUMOR
- Eddie Redmayne (2011-2012) – Taylor met English actor Eddie Redmayne in October 2011 when she gave an audition to play the role of Eponine in the Les Miserables film adaptation. Though she didn’t get the role, Eddie and Taylor did roam together in New York City for a couple of months.
- Mark Foster (2012) – In 2012, she was seen enjoying a lunch date with the frontman of Foster the People, Mark Foster.
- Connor Kennedy (May 2012 – September 2012) – American socialite, who is 4 and a half years younger to Swift, dated from May to September 2012.
- Harry Styles (November 2012 – 2013) – Both the singers started dating in mid-November 2012. He is also 4 years younger than Swift. The duo ended their relationship on January 5, 2013.
- Bradley Cooper (2013) – RUMOR
- Thomas Odell (2013) – RUMOR
- Ed Sheeran (2013) – RUMOR
- Matthew Gray Gubler (2013) – Actor, model, and artist Matthew Gray Gubler was RUMORed to be dating Swift when he was seen in her kitchen on the occasion of the 4th of July.
- Alexander Skarsgård (2013) – RUMOR
- Douglas Booth (2013) – RUMOR
- Evan Spiegel (2013-2014) – Entrepreneur and Snapchat co-founder, Evan Spiegel started dating Taylor in December 2013 after meeting her at a holiday party. But, the relationship came to an end after a couple of months as Evan wanted some space and was very much committed to Snapchat.
- Brenton Thwaites (2014) – Australian actor, Brenton Thwaites was RUMORed to be dating Taylor in 2014 after they appeared together in the movie The Giver.
- Calvin Harris (2015-2016) – In March 2015, Taylor started dating Scottish Disc Jockey, Calvin Harris. They decided to split after spending 15 months together on May 29, 2016. It was confirmed by People.com.
- Tom Hiddleston (2016) – From June 2016 to September 2016, she dated British actor, Tom Hiddleston.
- Joe Alwyn (2016-2023) – In May 2017, Taylor Swift publicly started dating British actor, Joe Alwyn. She was introduced to Joe by actress Emma Stone (some sources said that Gigi Hadid served as the matchmaker). It was claimed that they had been dating secretly months before the relationship went public. There were some engagement rumors also in December 2020. In April 2023, it was reported that the couple had broken up.
- Matty Healy (2023) – In May 2023, Taylor was rumored to be dating The 1975 frontman Matty Healy. In June 2023, it was reported that they had broken up.
- Travis Kelce (2023) – RUMOR
Race / Ethnicity
Taylor’s ancestry includes German, English, part Irish, Scottish, Welsh, 1/16th Italian, and distant Belgian Walloon.
- Towering height
- Red lips
- Glittery guitars
- Cowboy boots
- Her songs generally tell the story, mostly about her exes.
35-26-35 in or 89-66-89 cm
Elizabeth Arden (2011), Jakks Pacific (2008), L.E.I. jeans (2008), Wal-Mart (2007), Verizon Wireless’ Mobile Music Campaign (2007), American Greetings, Inc, Target, CoverGirl, Sony, Got Milk?, Diet Coke, Keds sneakers, American Greetings, Capital One (2020), etc.
In the past, she had also joined hands with Air Asia and Qantas airlines.
Best Known For
Her glittery guitars, and her Fearless album (2nd Album) released in 2008.
She was previously known for her cowboy boots as well.
On October 24, 2006, Taylor Swift’s debut album was released in her own name, i.e. Taylor Swift. ‘Tim McGraw‘ was the lead single from Taylor Swift album.
Taylor’s first film was Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience in 2009 for her cameo role as herself.
But, in 2010, she had her first theatrical film appearance on Valentine’s Day for her role as Felicia Miller.
First TV Show
In 2005, Taylor was first seen on the music show CMT Star as herself.
Taylor Swift likes to do running on the treadmill and has no personal trainer. She likes to do a lot of cardio to stay fit.
Taylor Swift’s Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Cheesecake
- Favorite TV Programs – CSI (2000), Law and Order (1990-2010)
- Favorite Color – Red
- Favorite Bands – Dixie Chicks, Dolly Parton, Patsy Cline, Leann Rimes, Shania Twain, One Direction
- Favorite Movies – Legally Blonde (2001), Love Actually (2003)
- Favorite Hobby – Driving Fast
- Favorite Song – What Makes You Beautiful (One Direction)
- Favorite Place – Kansas and Australia
- Favorite Meal – Breakfast at Cracker Barrel
- Favorite Season – Summer
- Favorite Celebrity – Ellen DeGeneres
- Favorite Music – Katy Perry, Tom Petty, Keith Urban, John Mayer
- Favorite Colors To Wear In The Fall – Maroon, Mustard, Dark Green, Navy Blue
- Favorite Stone – Opal
- Thanksgiving Food – Sweet potato casserole from Del Frisco’s Grill
Taylor Swift’s Facts
- Taylor Swift was taught how to play guitar (especially how to play three chords on a guitar) when she was 12 years old.
- Taylor’s fans are called “Swifties”.
- Taylor is considered to be one of the finest songwriters of pop by the New York Times.
- Taylor’s lucky number is 13. Other lucky numbers she considers are 31 (because it is 13 backward), 89, 26, and 39.
- Taylor was named Billboard’s Woman of the Year in 2011.
- She was named “Taylor” by her mother Andrea, after the singer James Taylor. Her mother thought that the gender-neutral name would help Taylor to become successful in life.
- Swift donated $75,000 in September 2010 to Nashville’s Hendersonville High School to improve the auditorium’s feel and look.
- Taylor Swift’s grandmother was an Opera singer.
- She has a pet cat since 2012, named Meredith. Meredith also has the nickname MerBear. She also has one more cat named Olivia who also has the nickname Dibbles.
- As a kid, she used to have hermit crabs as pets.
- Taylor attempted 3 times to get a driving license when she was 15.
- English horse riding is one of her early hobbies.
- In 2015, she was placed at the #1 spot on Maxim’s Hot 100 list.
- She became the youngest person to be included in Rolling Stone‘s “100 Greatest Songwriters of All Time” list issued in 2015.
- In May 2017, Taylor couldn’t reach a fan’s graduation party (after she invited Taylor), so she sent flowers and a message to her fan, Ashley.
- Her interest in musical theater grew at the age of 9.
- Forbes ranked her on top of its “100 Highest-Paid Celebrities” list in 2016 and this feat helped Swift enter the Guinness World Records.
- As per Forbes, Taylor Swift’s net worth was estimated at $280 million in June 2017.
- Taylor doesn’t talk about politics publicly. This is because she is aware of the fact that whatever she would say publicly would have its impact on people and she doesn’t want that. Taylor is sometimes called “studiously apolitical”.
- At the age of 15, Taylor received her driver’s permit. But, it took 3 attempts to get that.
- She has released her own Elizabeth Arden fragrances such as Wonderstruck, Wonderstruck Enchanted, and Taylor by Taylor Swift.
- When Forbes mentioned her in their “100 most powerful women” list in 2015, Taylor Swift became the youngest woman ever to be included in the list. She was placed at #64.
- The media has given her the term “America’s Sweetheart”.
- In 2015, Apple had decided not to pay royalties to the artists for the songs played during the trial of their new music-streaming service. Taylor threatened Apple that she would take back her album titled 1989 from their service. Within 24 hours, Apple changed its mind.
- During the 2018 American Music Awards, Taylor had brought her pregnant friend Claire Winter as her date. After Taylor won an award at the 2018 AMA, she also gave a shout-out to her pregnant friend.
- After winning 4 awards during the 2018 AMAs, she became the first female artist for the most AMA wins. Taylor’s total AMA awards tally had reached 23 bypassing the previous record holder, Whitney Houston.
- In December 2018, it was rumored that Taylor got her first tattoo which was later proved to be false. It all happened when the celebrity tattoo artist JonBoyTattoo uploaded a pic of a blonde girl showing the back of the neck and tagging that picture to Taylor Swift’s profile.
- In November 2019, Taylor became the record holder for the maximum number of wins of the American Music Award (AMA) titles. She reached the mark of 29 AMA title wins in her career and beat Michael Jackson from the #1 spot.
- In 2019, she became the most googled female music artist.
- She has often raised her voice against various social issues and has criticized white supremacy, systemic racism, and police brutality in the United States.
- She has also supported the Black Lives Matter movement as well as Juneteenth, a holiday celebrating the emancipation of those who had been enslaved in the United States, becoming a national holiday.
- In September 2020, Taylor became the #1 female singer who has spent most weeks at #1 on the Billboard 200. She crossed Whitney Houston who had 46 weeks at #1 and Taylor had reached 47 weeks on September 27, 2020.
- Taylor’s Folklore album (released in July 2020) became the first album of 2020 to sell 1 million copies in the United States.
- In 2020, Taylor’s “Only the Young” song was used in an ad to support Joe Biden and Kamala Harris‘s presidential bid.
- In November 2020, it was revealed that Taylor had written Calvin Harris and Rihanna‘s 2016 song “This Is What You Came For” under the pen-name ‘Nils Sjöberg’.
- In November 2020, Scooter Braun had sold Taylor’s first 6 albums’ master recordings for over $300 million to an investment fund named, Shamrock Capital Content Fund.
- Taylor’s song ‘All Too Well’ released in October 2012, originally was 10 minutes long which was shortened to over 5 minutes. It also had the F-word.
- At the 2020 American Music Awards, Taylor had won 3 awards – Artist of the Year, Favorite Music Video for the song ‘Cardigan’, and Favorite Female Artist – Pop/Rock.
- Taylor got 6 nominations during the Grammys 2021.
- Taylor’s 2020 album Folkore credits a person named ‘William Bowery’ as a songwriter who is none other than her then-boyfriend Joe Alwyn. William Bowery is Joe’s alias.
- She has received the “Icon Award” at the 2020 Attitude Awards for her work for the LGBTQ+ community.
- Taylor was the second most-streamed female artist on Spotify in 2020. The top spot was held by Billie Eilish.
- In December 2020, Taylor donated $13,000 each to 2 mothers in the country after reading about their situation through a Washington Post article.
- Taylor Swift was Entertainment Weekly’s one of the 2020 Entertainers of the Year.
- In December 2020, Taylor released her 9th studio album, Evermore. This album was a “sister record” for her album Folklore, released in July 2020.
- The release date of Taylor’s Evermore album was changed twice because of Paul McCartney‘s album McCartney III.
- With $63.5 million as her income, Taylor was the 25th highest-paid celebrity of 2020 as per Forbes.
- She had cut her hair by herself during the entire COVID-19 lockdown period in 2020.
- In December 2020, Taylor’s album Evermore reached #1 on Billboard 200 albums chart and single Willow also reached #1 on Billboard Hot 100 singles charts – both within the same week. Just after 2 weeks, in January 2021, Evermore was replaced by Playboi Carti‘s Whole Lotta Red on Billboard 200 for only 1 week. Post that week, Evermore was again back to #1.
- Willow is Taylor’s 7th song to reach #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. With this, Taylor had achieved the feat of having 29 songs in the Top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- In December 2020, it was announced that her iconic mural at the “Legends Corner” on Lower Broadway in Nashville was going to be replaced by Brad Paisley.
- Taylor’s album Folklore was the #1 Album of the Year 2020 with 2.3 million album units.
- Taylor had gifted Khai, daughter of Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik, in September 2020, a teddy bear and a pink blanket, which were sewn by Taylor herself and made from one of her own dresses.
- In February 2021, Taylor released the re-recording of her hit song Love Story.
- Taylor had won the “Album of the Year” award at Grammys 2021 for her album Folklore.
- During the 2021 BRIT Awards, she was honored with the “Global Icon Award”. This made her the first woman ever to win this title.
- In May 2021, she won the iHeartRadio Music Award for “Pop Album of the Year” for her album Folklore.
- In May 2021, her studio album Evermore broke the record for the largest sales week for a vinyl album in the United States with more than 40,000 copies sold in almost 3 days. The previous record was of 40,000 copies held by Jack White‘s 2014 album, Lazaretto.
- In July 2021, Taylor released a new song titled Renegade.
- As per Billboard, she was the highest-paid musician of 2020 with a total earning of $23.8 million.
- In 2019, Taylor had confirmed that she shaves her legs daily.
- On August 23, 2021, Taylor had posted her first-ever TikTok video in which she promoted her various albums.
- In August 2021, she teamed up with the group Big Red Machine for the release of their single titled Birch from the band’s album, How Long Do You Think It’s Gonna Last?
- In 2021, she was ranked #1 in the list of 50 Most Influential People on Twitter as per Brandwatch Consumer Research.
- In November 2021, Taylor released her new album titled Red (Taylor’s Version). Later that month, she released the music video of her new song I Bet You Think About Me (Taylor’s Version). The video was directed by Blake Lively.
- In November 2021, she released her new song titled All Too Well (Taylor’s Version). The song later reached the No. 1 spot on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. This was Taylor’s 8th Billboard Hot 100 No. 1.
- In December 2021, Taylor was ranked at the No. 78 spot in Forbes‘ “World’s Most Powerful Women” list for 2021.
- In February 2022, Taylor teamed up with Ed Sheeran for a new version of his song, The Joker & The Queen.
- In May 2022, Taylor received an honorary doctorate of fine arts from New York University.
- In May 2022, Taylor released the re-recorded song titled This Love (Taylor’s Version).
- In June 2022, she released a new song titled Carolina. The song was featured in the 2022 movie, Where the Crawdads Sing.
- In July 2022, Taylor Swift had topped the list of celebrities causing the most private jet pollution as per the sustainability marketing agency Yard and celebrity jet tracker CelebJets.
- During the 2022 MTV Video Music Awards, Taylor was honored with the “Video of the Year” award for All Too Well: The Short Film.
- In October 2022, Taylor released her new album titled Midnights. The album broke the Spotify record for “the most-streamed album in a single day”. It debuted at the No. 1 spot on the Billboard 200 chart and became one of the biggest debuts of her career with almost 1.6 million records sold in the United States and 3 million worldwide. With the release of Midnights, she became the first artist to occupy all the “Top 10” spots of the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
- In September 2022, Taylor received the “Decade Honoree” award at the NSAI’s Nashville Songwriter Awards.
- After Taylor Swift’s Reputation in 2017, her 10th studio album Midnights became the first album in 5 years to sell 1 million units in the first week of its release in October 2022.
- While going to school, on a daily basis, she used to wear Victoria’s Secret Pink hoodie and sweatpants.
- Whenever she watches Pocahontas, she cries.
- She mostly wears red lipstick on summer days.
- Taylor prefers people to come to her for taking pictures in a restaurant rather than simply pointing the camera toward her from a distance.
- Taylor is double-jointed in her elbows.
- Taylor was the maid of honor at her childhood best friend Brittany’s marriage. That was also the first wedding she had attended.
- Whenever she got bullied in school, her mother used to take her to T.J. Maxx after school so that Taylor could look at opal jewelry. That used to make her calm.
- She likes eating sushi. However, she generally asks for soy paper instead of seaweed paper.
- She cannot handle the horror movie commercial on TV.
- Taylor is a fan of the channels, Food Network and HGTV.
- When in high school, she used to give her friends mace to be put in their keychains which would, in turn, help them to defend themselves when in need.
- Released in 2012, she had written the song I Knew You Were Trouble on piano.
- She has a pug dog named Nelly, named after the rapper Nelly.
- Taylor had a great time with her high school best friend Abigail. Together, they used to talk in Napoleon Dynamite voices and eat packets of cookie dough.
- During the 2022 MTV Europe Music Awards, Taylor won the awards for “Best Artist” and “Best Pop”. She also received awards in the categories “Best Longform Video” and “Best Video” for All Too Well: The Short Film.
- In November 2022, Taylor won the American Music Awards in 6 categories, viz., “Favorite Country Album”, “Artist of the Year”, “Favorite Female Country Artist”, “Favorite Pop Album”, “Favorite Music Video”, “Favorite Female Pop Artist”.
- In 2016, Taylor had rented an apartment in New York City for $38,000 a month when her Tribeca-based home was under renovation. She also wrote the song Cornelia Street there which is about her time living in that rented property. That song was a part of her 2019 album Lover. After she left the home, the rent of that was increased to $45,000 a month.
- In August 2022, a woman named Teresa La Dart filed a $1 million lawsuit against Taylor for ‘copyright infringement’, claiming that she copied her 2010 poetry book Lover while creating the booklet for her 2019 album, Lover. In July 2023, it was reported that the lawsuit had been dropped.
- In November 2022, Taylor was announced as Spotify’s 2nd most-streamed artist in the United States.
- In the past, Taylor was sued for “copyright infringement” because of her 2014 song, Shake It Off. The lawsuit was filed by the writers of the 2001 song, Playas Gon’ Play, due to the use of phrases “player’s gonna play” and “hater’s gonna hate.” However, in December 2022, it was revealed that the lawsuit against the pop star had been dropped.
- In February 2023, Taylor won the Grammy Award for “Best Music Video” for All Too Well: The Short Film.
- In February 2023, Taylor became one of only 5 acts to simultaneously chart 10 albums on the Billboard 200 chart. At that time, these were the 5 acts and these were the records held by Taylor.
- In March 2023, Taylor received the “iHeartRadio Innovator Award” at the 2023 iHeartRadio Music Awards.
- On March 17 and 18, 2023, during her “The Eras Tour”, Glendale, Arizona was temporarily renamed “Swift City”.
- In March 2023, Taylor released the new versions of 3 songs – Eyes Open, Safe and Sound, and If This Was a Movie. She also released a new song titled All of the Girls You Loved Before.
- During the 2023 iHeartRadio Music Awards, Taylor won the award for “Song of the Year” for Anti-Hero.
- In April 2023, Taylor teamed up with the band, The National for a new song titled The Alcott.
- In May 2023, she released a new song titled Hits Different.
- In May 2023, Taylor and Ice Spice released the music video of Karma (Remix).
- In July 2023, she released the re-recorded version of her album, Speak Now. The album debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart.
- Taylor earned $345 million through her Reputation tour.
- In 2023, she earned over $591 million through her Eras Tour which became the highest-grossing tour in US history.
- In July 2023, Taylor was fined $3,010 for not keeping the area in front of her house clean. The trash such as newspapers, bottles, cigarette cartons, and ashtray content was found in front of her New York house.
- In July 2023, after the release of her album Speak Now (Taylor’s Version), Taylor had 3 songs from different albums in the ‘Top 10’ of the Billboard Hot 100 chart. With this, she became the first woman to have 3 songs from 3 different albums in the ‘top 10’ list in the same week.
- In July 2023, Taylor’s fans’ dancing activity (along with loud music and speakers) caused seismic activity close to the 2.3-magnitude earthquake at The Eras Tour concert in Seattle, United States.
- For her 2023 Eras Tour in the U.S., Taylor gave each of the 50 truck drivers a $100,000 bonus for carrying her equipment, totaling $5 million for Taylor.
- In August 2023, Taylor became the first female artist to reach 100 million monthly listeners on Spotify.
- During the 2023 MTV Video Music Awards, Taylor was honored with the “Moon Person Trophy”.