Jonas Brothers is an American pop group that dominated the 2000s with their foot-tapping music, Disney-inspired personas, and swoon-worthy looks. Popular songs like Burnin’ Up, Lovebug, S.O.S., Fly With Me, That’s Just the Way We Roll, Paranoid, etc. drew their fanbase of mostly teenage girls into an absolute frenzy. Over time, the Jonas Brothers matured into a Grammy-nominated band with a record sales of more than 17 million albums under their belt.
- Nick Jonas – Lead Vocals, Rhythm Guitar, Keyboards (2005–2013; 2019–Present)
- Joe Jonas – Lead Vocals, Rhythm Guitar, Tambourine (2005–2013; 2019–Present)
- Kevin Jonas – Lead Guitar, Backing Vocals (2005–2013; 2019–Present)
Wyckoff, New Jersey, United States
Pop Punk, Rock, Power Pop, Pop Rock
- Columbia Records
- Republic Records
- Walt Disney Records
- Hollywood Records
- Universal Music
- It’s About Time (2006) was the band’s debut album and is best-remembered for the popular single, Mandy.
- Their eponymous 2nd album from 2007 made its debut on the US Billboard 200 charts at #5.
- A Little Bit Longer was well-received upon its release in 2008 and went on to record sales of more than 2 million albums.
- Their 2019 album Happiness Begins contained songs like Sucker, Only Human, Cool, etc. and was certified ‘platinum’ by the RIAA.
Jonas Brothers Facts
- They briefly considered calling themselves ‘Sons of Jonas’ instead of the ‘Jonas Brothers’. Additionally, their adoring fans refer to them as ‘JoBros’ and ‘JB’.
- The Jonas Brothers set the record as the youngest band to pose on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine for its July 2008 issue.
- Priyanka Chopra, Sophie Turner, and Danielle Deleasa (the respective wives of Nick, Joe, and Kevin) have their own nickname – the ‘J Sisters’.
- The Jonas Brothers disbanded in 2013 at the insistence of Nick as he wanted to carve a solo career for himself. However, they put their differences aside and reunited in 2019.
- The trio featured on the popular Disney Channel series Hannah Montana (2006-2011) starring Miley Cyrus and in the Demi Lovato-starrer film, Camp Rock (2008).
- In 2007, they donated around $1.2 million from their revenue to charitable organizations like St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, American Diabetes Foundation (Nick has Type 1 diabetes), Summer Stars Camp for the Performing Arts, and many others.
- The Jonas Brothers appeared together with their wives for the 1st time in the music video of the smash-hit single, Sucker.
- In September 2021, they released the music video of their single, Who’s In Your Head.
- The Jonas Brothers had opened their first restaurant in 2016 with the name Nellie’s Southern Kitchen (named after Kevin Sr’s grandmother) in Belmont, North Carolina. They had opened their second restaurant in 2022 in The District at MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
Featured Image by Musicharts / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0