|Sophie Turner Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8¾ in|
|Date of Birth||February 21, 1996|
Sophie Turner is an English actress whose career skyrocketed as she was cast as Sansa Stark, the elder daughter of Lord Eddard Stark who is ultimately crowned Queen in the North, in the HBO fantasy drama television series, Game of Thrones, from 2011 to 2019. Additionally, she has also gained acclaim for her roles in projects like X-Men: Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix, Survive, Barely Lethal, and Time Freak.
Sophie Belinda Turner
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
Los Angeles, California, United States
Sophie went to Warwick Prep School until the age of 11. After that, she attended King’s High School in Smith Street, Warwick.
- Father – Andrew (Worked for a pallet distribution company)
- Mother – Sally (Nursery School Teacher)
- Siblings – Will Turner (Brother), James Turner (Brother)
Turner is represented by Independent Talent Group Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 8¾ in or 174.5 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sophie Turner has dated –
- James McVey (2014) – From May 2014 to July 2014, Sophie dated The Vamps’ guitarist James McVey.
- Thomas Mann (2014) – On August 31, 2014, American actor Thomas Mann and Sophie were RUMORed to have a fling with each other.
- Tye Sheridan (2015) – In September 2015, she was RUMORed to be dating another actor Tye Sheridan.
- Joe Jonas (2016-2023) – In November 2016, Sophie started dating American singer Joe Jonas. In October 2017, the duo got engaged. On May 1, 2019, Joe and Sophie tied the knot at A Little White Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas, Nevada, and in July 2020, they welcomed their first child together – a daughter named Willa. In March 2022, it was revealed that they were expecting their 2nd child together. In July 2022, it was revealed that Sophie had given birth to a baby girl. In September 2023, it was reported that Joe was preparing to file for divorce from Sophie because of the difference in lifestyles. Later that month, Joe officially filed for divorce from Sophie. In September 2023, Sophie filed a lawsuit against Joe for the return of their two daughters to England and accused him of withholding their passports. She claimed that they were planning to move to England and were also looking for schools for their older daughter, Willa in the past. However, after the divorce filing, he disagreed with the arrangement and said that he wouldn’t give consent to their daughters moving to England. Later that month, Joe denied the accusation and revealed that he was okay with the kids being raised both in the U.S. and the UK.
- Peregrine Pearson (2023) – In October 2023, Sophie was rumored to be dating British aristocrat Peregrine Pearson after they were seen kissing during a day out in Paris.
Race / Ethnicity
Sophie Turner is of English descent.
She is naturally blonde.
To play Sansa in Game of Thrones, she had dyed her hair auburn.
In June 2021, she showed her newly dyed ‘Red’ hair.
- Gorgeous body
- Sparkling eyes
34-24-34 in or 86-61-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
8 (US) or 5.5 (UK) or 38.5 (EU)
Best Known For
Playing Sansa Stark in HBO’s fantasy drama TV series Game of Thrones since 2011
She appeared in the 2013 thriller film Panda Eyes for her lead role as Fay. The movie is based on Catherine MacPhail’s novel Another Me.
First TV Show
In 2011, she debuted on television with HBO’s Game of Thrones in which she played the role of Sansa Stark.
Sophie Turner Favorite Things
- Actor – Jack Nicholson
- Actors From Her Generation – Hailee Steinfeld, Saoirse Ronan, Jennifer Lawrence, Miles Teller
- Movie – One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest (1975)
Source – IMDb
Sophie Turner Facts
- After taking birth in Northampton, she relocated to Warwick in Warwickshire, England at the age of two.
- Her twin passed away before birth.
- Since the age of three, she is a member of the company Playbox Theatre Company in Warwickshire, England.
- She is good friends with actress Maisie Williams.
- She also owns a dog, named, Zunni, which she and her family adopted after the end of season 1 of Game of Thrones. That dog actually played Sansa’s dire wolf, Lady.
- She is a big fan of the television shows Hannibal and Breaking Bad.
- She has also been very vocal about her struggle with depression.
- For her performance in Game of Thrones, she received the 2015 Empire Hero Award and 2016 Glamour Award for “Best UK TV Actress”.
- Her character named Jane in the American adventure thriller drama web television series, Survive, also struggles with depression.
- She has been the inspiration behind the song Hesitate from Happiness Begins, the 5th studio album by the Jonas Brothers, as it was written as a love letter to her by Joe.
- In November 2020, Sophie got a new tattoo on her body – ‘W’ in honor of her daughter Willa on her arm. She got ‘W’ just next to ‘J’ which she had got inked earlier for Joe Jonas.
- She received a t-shirt featuring Miley Cyrus as a Christmas present from her hubby Joe Jonas in 2020 and as a result, she declared him ‘Hubbs of the Year’.
- In June 2021, it was revealed that Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas had listed their 15,000 square feet Los Angeles-based mansion for $16.75 million. The couple had purchased the mansion for $14.1 million in 2019. In September 2021, they sold the house for $15.2 million.
- Sophie struggled with an eating disorder in the past and she even had a live-in therapist.
- In November 2022, Sophie and Joe Jonas sold their house in Miami for $17 million. The couple had purchased the property in 2021 for $11 million.