|Saoirse Ronan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||April 12, 1994|
Saoirse Ronan is an American actress and voice artist who is known for her work in period dramas and has received numerous accolades, including at least one Golden Globe Award and nominations for at least 4 Academy Awards, 5 British Academy Film Awards, and 4 Screen Actors Guilds. She has been cast in movies like Mary Queen of Scots, Little Women, Atonement, Brooklyn, The Lovely Bones, Weepah Way for Now, Justin and the Knights of Valour, On Chesil Beach, The Grand Budapest Hotel, Ammonite, How I Live Now, Lady Bird, Lost River, Death Defying Acts, Hanna, I Could Never Be Your Woman, The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey, and Stockholm, Pennsylvania. Also, she was featured by Forbes in two of their 30 Under 30 lists in 2016 and The New York Times ranked her 10th on its list of the greatest actors of the twenty-first century in 2020.
Saoirse Una Ronan (Her name is in Irish, which when translated to English means free unified seal)
The Bronx, New York, United States
Howth, a suburb of Dublin, Ireland
She has dual citizenship of Irish and American.
For the most part, she was homeschooled, but, had attended a boarding school from which she dropped out in the early stage.
Actress, Voice Artist
- Father – Paul Ronan (Actor)
- Mother – Monica Ronan
- Siblings – None
- Others – Tommy/Thomas A. Ronan (Paternal Grandfather), Úna Mary Carson (Paternal Grandmother), Matthew Brennan (Maternal Grandfather), Philomena Herbert (Maternal Grandmother)
Her work has been managed by her father, Paul Ronan.
She has also been signed with MacFarlane Chard Associates Ltd., Talent Agency, Dublin, Ireland.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth had been $7 Million.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Saoirse Ronan has dated –
- George MacKay (2012) – 2013 film How I Live Now co-stars George MacKay and Saoirse dated off-screen quietly for some time in 2012. The film’s director Kevin Macdonald revealed this.
- Max Irons (2013) – Actor Max Irons was RUMORed to be dating his The Host co-star Saoirse in March 2013. The duo first met on the set of this movie only. Their relationship saw an end in September 2013. However, neither of the party accepted their news of dating together.
- Hozier (2017) – It was RUMORed that she had a fling with Irish singer, songwriter, and musician Hozier in May 2017.
- Jack Lowden – Saoirse was rumored to be dating Scottish actor Jack Lowden in the past.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Irish, English, and Scottish descent.
- Clear blue eyes
- Uncanny ears for accents
32-23-34 in or 81-58.5-86 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
8 (US) or 5.5 (UK) or 38.5 (EU)
Best Known For
Playing Briony Tallis in the 2007 romantic drama war film Atonement, as Susie Salmon in the 2009 American supernatural drama film The Lovely Bones.
Saoirse debuted with the 2007 British film The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey for her role as Celia Hardwick.
First TV Show
From 2003 t0 2004, Saoirse appeared in 4 episodes in the Irish medical drama television series The Clinic for her role as Rhiannon Geraghty.
For the title role as Hanna for the 2011 movie, she put herself to a rigorous two months training. To really look like a teenage assassin, she did her workout for roughly 4½ to 5 hours a day. The evening shift was 2 hours, where she learned stick fighting, martial arts, gun shooting, knife fighting, etc. The rest of the time was spent in the gym. Saoirse did bench press, weight lifting, treadmill, and other exercises in the gym.
So, it was a heavy workout for a little young girl like Saoirse.
Saoirse Ronan Favorite Things
- Songs – Fleetwood Mac, The Eagles, KT Tunstall, Scissor Sisters
- TV Show – New Girl (2011-)
Source – TeenHollywood.com, Yahoo.com
Saoirse Ronan Facts
- She was raised in County Carlow, Ireland.
- Ronan relocated to Ireland when she was three years old.
- Her first name is pronounced as “Seer-sha” by Irish people.
- Her first name is in the Irish language, which means “freedom” in English.
- She has a dog named Sassie.
- Ronan supports the Irish Blue Cross charity.
- As a child, she used to have a poster of Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger (the three leading characters from the Harry Potter series).
- She has watched Bridesmaids (2011) the most in her life.
- She wants to work with Johnny Depp.
- At 17, she had auditioned for the role of Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games but that role had gone to Jennifer Lawrence.
- She has not been a huge fan of social media and stated in a February 2018 interview, “I get why musicians do it, and journalists or people in the public eye. But acting is a different thing, ’cause you’re not yourself when you’re working. I’m not me in anything that anyone sees me in […] and self-promotion has always made me feel really uncomfortable.”
Soo beautifulll..girl…look like a angle
Saorise means freedom.