|Hozier Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||March 17, 1990|
Hozier is an Irish musician, singer, and songwriter who rose to international acclaim after releasing his debut single Take Me to Church, which has been certified multi-platinum in several countries. His discography also includes many other tracks, albums, and extended plays including Wasteland, Baby!, Hozier, From Eden, Work Song, Sedated, Nina Cried Power (ft. Mavis Staples), Jackboot Jump, Movement, Cherry Wine, Better Love, Almost (Sweet Music), Dinner & Diatribes, The Parting Glass, Someone New, and Jackie & Wilson.
Andrew John Hozier-Byrne
Bray, County Wicklow, Ireland
In 2009, Hozier graduated from St. Gerard’s School in Bray. Subsequently, he enrolled himself at Trinity College, Dublin to earn a degree in music. But, he left the college midway in the first year to record demos for Universal Music.
He also attended Delgany National School.
Singer, songwriter, musician
- Father – John Byrne (A local blues drummer who had a day job working at a bank)
- Mother – Raine Hozier-Byrne (Artist)
- Siblings – Jon-Hozier Byrne (Older Brother)
His career has been managed by –
- Kirk Sommer / Russell Warby – William Morris Endeavor (WME) Entertainment for the USA
- John Foley – MCD Productions for Ireland
- Emma Banks – Creative Artists Agency (CAA) for the rest of the world
To get Hozier’s contact details, please visit his official website.
Indie rock, soul, blues, rock, alternative, folk, R&B
Vocals, guitar, piano
Island (UK), Columbia Records (US), Rubyworks
His net worth had been $5 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 5 in or 196 cm
86 kg or 190 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Saoirse Ronan (2017) – It was RUMORed that he had a fling with actor Saoirse Ronan in May 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish descent.
He is not an atheist, but at the same time, Hozier does not have faith in any religion.
Best Known For
His single “Take Me to Church” was released in 2013, which went viral on YouTube. On October 25, 2013, the single reached #1 in the Irish iTunes singles chart.
Hozier released his first studio album Hozier on September 19, 2014, via Rubyworks, and Island Records. The standard edition of the album contained 13 singles including “Take Me to Church,” hence giving it a total length of nearly 54 minutes.
First TV Show
In 2014, Hozier guest appeared in the comedy talk show Late Show with David Letterman as himself in an episode titled “Jim Parsons / Julie Chen / Hozier.”
He is naturally thin and has his body in good shape. His workout routine and diet plan is not known.
Hozier Favorite Things
- Songs – Got My Mojo Working (By Muddy Waters), That’s a Pretty Good Love (By Big Maybelle), Thickfreakness (By The Black Keys), Meet Me in the City (By Junior Kimbrough), Caught a Long Wind (By Feist), That’s Where It’s At (By Sam Cooke), Who Do You Love (By Bo Diddley), Hoist That Rag (By Tom Waits)
Source – NPR.org
- From 2008 to 2012, he served as a member of the Irish choral group Anúna.
- Hozier had also performed at the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 2014 and at Saturday Night Live.
- His dad was a blues musician around Dublin. So, he was definitely raised in blues music as a child. He used to listen to John Lee Hooker and Muddy Waters while growing up. Hence, his songs include a lot of Americana and blues music.
- Hozier’s mom did all the artwork for his first album entitled “Hozier.”
- His song “Take Me to Church” was inspired by the break-up between him and his ex-girlfriend, and his love for Nina Simone.
- When aged 15, Hozier performed in his first band. He was a singer of an 8 piece blues band.
- He takes his time to write songs. “Take Me to Church” took him over a year to write.
- Like most other people, he had to overcome his stage fright.
- Some of his musical influences include Aretha Franklin, Johnny Cash, Woody Guthrie, Van Morrison, Ella Fitzgerald, St Vincent, Feist, Little Green Cars, Paul Simon, Willie Dixon, and Lisa Hannigan.
- On October 8, 2014, Hozier posted his cell phone number on Twitter (+1-646-812-3313) to celebrate the success of his debut album with his fans, who actually got to talk to him via this number. The idea came to him as he was about to change his phone number. So, he decided to share the number before it gets closed. The phone was an old flip phone, which got frozen after receiving tons of text messages. He couldn’t even read them all.
- According to Hozier, the best singers are females as he once said, “the best vocalists I can think of are female”.
- On March 1, 2019, he released his 2nd studio album Wasteland, Baby! which peaked at number #1 on US Billboard 200 chart, US Top Alternative Albums (Billboard) chart, US Top Rock Albums (Billboard) chart, US Folk Albums (Billboard) chart, and Irish Albums (IRMA) chart. Moreover, the album was certified ‘Gold’ by Music Canada (Canada) and Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) and ‘Silver’ by the British Phonographic Industry (BPI).
- While growing up, Hozier was really a big fan of Nina Simone.
- Following the George Floyd protests, he announced on June 5, 2020, that all royalties from his song Jackboot Jump would go to the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) and Black Lives Matter movement.
He has one older brother, Jon Hozier-Bryne