|Feist Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||February 13, 1976|
Feist is a Canadian-American singer and songwriter who has not only led a successful career as a solo artist but has also performed with rock bands like Broken Social Scene, By Divine Right, and Royal City. She has released 5 solo studio albums, a remix album, and 4 albums with Broken Social Scene. Her 2nd, 3rd, and 4th solo albums titled Let It Die (2004), The Reminder (2007), and Metals (2011), respectively, have all earned ‘Platinum’ certification from Music Canada. For Metals (2011), she won the prestigious ‘Polaris Music Prize’ which is annually awarded to the best full-length Canadian album.
Amherst, Nova Scotia, Canada
She splits her time between Canada and Los Angeles, California, United States.
She holds dual nationality.
Feist had attended the Bishop Carroll High School and the Alternative High School in Alberta, Canada.
- Father – Harold Elmer Feist (Painter, Former Arts Professor)
- Mother – Lyn Feist
- Siblings – Ben Feist (Older Brother)
- Others – Seamus Patrick Dever (Second Cousin) (Actor), Elmer Frank Feist (Paternal Grandfather), Ruth Frances Cronan (Paternal Grandmother)
She is represented by –
- Robbie Lackritz, General Manager, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Hillary Siskind, PR Agent (US), Interscope Records, Brooklyn, New York, United States
- Mavis Harris, PR Agent (Canada), Nice Marmot PR, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Chris Latham, PR Agent (UK), Swell Publicity, London, England, United Kingdom
- Frank Riley, Booking Agent (US), High Road Touring, Bangor, Penobscot County, Maine, United States
- Rob Zifarelli, Booking Agent (Canada), Paradigm Talent Agency, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Emma Banks, Booking Agent (UK, Europe), Creative Artists Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
Indie Pop, Folk, Baroque Pop
Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Banjo, Drums
- Bobby Dazzler
- Polydor Records
- Universal Music Group
- Arts & Crafts Productions
- Cherrytree Records
- Interscope Records
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Feist has dated –
- Kevin Drew (1993–2012)
Race / Ethnicity
She is of German, English, and Irish descent.
- Petite frame
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Feist’s parents got divorced when she was just a toddler after which she moved with her mother and brother from Amherst, Nova Scotia to Regina, Saskatchewan where they lived with her grandparents. The family later relocated to Calgary, Alberta from where she completed her schooling.
- As a child, she had wished to be a writer and had also had a keen interest in singing. She would often sing in choirs in her youth and had also performed as a dancer in the opening ceremony of the Calgary Winter Olympics in 1988 when she was just 12 years old.
- Her 3rd solo album titled The Reminder (2007) had earned her 4 Grammy Award nominations at the 2008 ceremony – ‘Best New Artist’, ‘Best Pop Vocal Album’, ‘Best Female Pop Vocal Performance’, and ‘Best Short Form Music Video’. The last 2 of those nominations were for the single called 1234 which was also featured in a TV commercial for the 3rd-generation iPod Nano.
- As of June 2020, she had won 11 Juno Awards from 16 nominations, including 5 wins from 5 nominations in 2008. She has won the ‘Artist of the Year’ award twice – in 2008 and 2012.
Featured Image by Feist / Instagram