|Brian Ortega Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||February 21, 1991|
Brian Ortega is an American-Mexican professional mixed martial artist who began competing in the featherweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), in 2014. As of July of 2020, he was ranked number 2 in the UFC featherweight rankings. Before joining UFC in 2014, he had put together an undefeated winning streak of 8–0 and was unbeaten in more than 4 years of competing in promotions such as Gladiator Challenge, Respect In The Cage (RTC), and Resurrection Fighting Alliance (RFA). During this phase, he had won the RTC Featherweight Championship and had defended it once. He had also won the RFA Featherweight Championship just a few months before joining UFC. He holds a 1st-degree black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
Brian Martin Ortega
Los Angeles, California, United States
Torrance, Los Angeles County, California, United States
He holds dual nationality.
Professional Mixed Martial Artist
- Father – Martín Ortega
- Siblings – He has 2 sisters.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Brian has dated –
- Stephanie Roberts – Through his past marriage with Stephanie Roberts, Brian has 2 sons.
- Tracy Cortez (2020-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Mexican descent
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped, wavy hair
- Often sports a light stubble
- Affable smile
Brian has been sponsored by –
- Bodyarmor SuperDrink
- Modelo USA Wines/Spirits
- Toyo Tires
- Trifecta (Food Delivery Service)
- Sweet Sweat (Workout Enhancer)
- Tensho Boxing Gear
Brian Ortega Facts
- He had started getting trained in martial arts when he was just 5 years old. By the time he had turned 13, he had started getting trained in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
- His first bout in UFC was scheduled for May 2014, at The Ultimate Fighter Brazil 3 Finale. However, his opponent had pulled out of the bout in the days leading up to the event due to an injury. Due to the late nature of the decision, the bout was canceled.
- Brian had eventually made his UFC debut in July 2014 at UFC on Fox 12. He had won the bout via submission (rear-naked choke) in the first round but the result was later changed to ‘No Contest’ after Brian had tested positive for drostanolone during a post-fight screening. Brian was suspended for 9 months after this incident.
- In 2017, he had won the ‘Breakthrough Fighter of the Year’ award at the World MMA Awards.
- In December 2017, at UFC Fight Night 123, he had won his bout in the 2nd round by guillotine choke submission. This win had put his streak at 5 straight fights won with a finish. At that time, this was the second-longest current win streak in the UFC featherweight division, only behind Max Holloway.
- In March 2018, at UFC 222, he had defeated Frankie Edgar via knockout in the first round. This had made him the first man to ever finish Edgar in MMA.
- In March 2020, a police report had been filed against him for allegedly slapping rapper Jay Park during UFC 248. Jay was working there as a guest translator for the South Korean professional mixed martial artist and kickboxer Chan Sung Jung.
Featured Image by Brian Ortega / Instagram