|Aidan Quinn Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||March 8, 1959|
Aidan Quinn is an American-Irish actor, producer, and director, best known for the movie An Early Frost (1985), where he starred as Michael Pierson, and earned his 1st Emmy Award nomination in 1986 for “Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or a Special”. After that performance, his career skyrocketed, and roles in Stakeout (1987), Perfect Witness (1989), The Lemon Sisters (1989), and The Handmaid’s Tale (1990) followed.
Aidan also appeared in movies such as The Playboys (1992) with Robin Wright, Benny & Joon (1993) with Johnny Depp and Julianne Moore, Legends of the Fall (1994) with Brad Pitt, Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein (1994) with Robert De Niro and Helena Bonham Carter, and Michael Collins (1996) alongside Julia Roberts and Liam Neeson. In 1997, Aidan had a lead role of Seth Warner in Commandments (1997) alongside Courteney Cox and also appeared in The Assignment the same year with Ben Kingsley. He produced 1 episode of The Book of Daniels in 2006 and also starred in the same TV series in 2016 for 8 episodes. Aidan was credited as a director of 1 episode of Elementary TV series in 2016, in which he also starred from 2012 to 2018 as Captain Thomas Gregson.
Aidan T. Quinn
Chicago, Illinois, United States
- New York City, New York, United States
- Palisades, Rockland County, New York, United States
- Catskills, Ulster County, New York, United States
Aidan attended Rockford West High School in Rockford, Illinois, United States, and later graduated from it, but didn’t go to college.
Actor, Director, Producer
- Father – Michael Quinn (English Professor)
- Mother – Teresa Quinn (Bookkeeper, Homemaker)
- Siblings – Declan Quinn (Older Brother) (Cinematographer), Marian Quinn (Younger Sister) (Actress, Writer, Director), Robert Quinn (Brother), Paul Quinn (Younger Brother) (Actor, Director, Producer)
- Others – Margaux Guerard (Niece) (Actress), Stella Keitel (Niece) (Actress)
Aidan Quinn is represented by –
- United Talent Agency (UTA) in Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Framework Entertainment in West Hollywood, California, United States
- Schreck Rose Dapello Adams Berlin & Dunham in Beverly Hills, California, United States (Legal Representative)
6 ft or 183 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Aidan Quinn has dated –
- Elizabeth Bracco (1986-Present) – Aidan got together with American actress Elizabeth Bracco in September 1986 and co-starred with her in a crime-comedy film Stakeout the next year. On September 1, 1987, the pair got married. He has 2 daughters with Elizabeth – Ava Eileen Quinn (b. 1989), and Mia Quinn (b. 1998).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish-American descent.
Due to advancing age, his hair has turned ‘Salt and Pepper’.
- Tall, muscular physique
- Often wears stubble facial hair
- Deep, resonant voice
- Slicked-back haircut
He appeared in a CBS TV commercial titled Multiple Sclerosis in 2016, directed towards the disease with the same name, as well as MTV’s PSA (Public Service Announcement) campaign promoting reading, titled Books: Feed Your Head in 1991, where he read Franz Kafka’s novella Metamorphosis.
Best Known For
- Starring as Benny Pearl in Benn & Joon (1993)
- Having a lead role of Alfred Ludlow in Legends of the Fall (1994)
- Playing a character of Gary Hallet in Practical Magic in 1998
- Starring in Flipped (2010) as Richard Baker
- Being nominated for 2 Primetime Emmy Awards in 1986 and 2007
- Having roles in TV series such as Third Watch (2004-2005), The Book of Daniel (2006), and Prime Suspect (2011-2012)
Aidan Quinn made his first theatrical film appearance in the lead role of Johnny Rourke in the romantical comedy movie Reckless in 1984.
First TV Show
Aidan Quinn made his first TV show appearance as Himself in the TV series documentary Working in the Theatre in 1986.
He has never shared an exact workout routine he follows, but it is obvious that Aidan is in great shape for his age, which means it is certain that he does lift weights in moderate amounts.
Aidan Quinn Favorite Things
- Activity – Sports, Reading, Supporting Charity, Hiking
- Sports – Tennis, Basketball, Soccer, Football, Golf
- Football Clubs – Chicago Cubs, Green Bay Packers
- Tennis Player – Roger Federer
- Basketball Player – Michael Jordan
- Golf Player – Rory McIlroy
- Place – Kenya, Amazon Jungle, Ireland, North Carolina
Aidan Quinn Facts
- He was born on March 8, which became International Women’s Day in 1910.
- Aiden had an early start as an actor in Chicago theatre when he was 19 years old and later trained at the Piven Theatre Workshop in Evanston, Illinois, United States.
- His daughter, Ava Eileen Quinn, suffers from autism, and Aidan claimed the vaccine she received when she was a toddler was to blame.
- Due to his daughter’s illness, he became a major supporter of the International Children’s Media Center (ICMC), The American Ireland Fund (AIF), The Autism Coalition, and National Alliance for Autism Research (NAAR) charities, and spoke at 2003 Night of Too Many Stars, a fundraising charity event for children with autism.
- Aidan also supported a campaign raising awareness of testicular cancer titled One For The Boys, organized and promoted by Samuel L. Jackson.
- Ava, his daughter, appeared alongside Aiden in a movie Avalon (1990), where she played the baby David, while his other daughter, Eva, played a ghost in The Eclipse in 2009.
- He won the IFTA Award for “Best Actor in a Supporting Role in a Film” in 2010 for his role in The Eclipse (2009).
- He said that he doesn’t care about being famous and that he accepts roles that he likes, instead of ones that would benefit his career the most.
- Aidan isn’t a big fan of cities, and prefers traveling and leading a nomad life. He visited a remote island off the coast of Kenya at one point and likes running and hiking through the woods.
- He cites starring in Songcatcher (2000) movie was one of the best experiences of his life, as it let him play guitar at night after the shooting was finished, as well as drink wine, sing to himself, and smoke a cigar.
- Aidan shared a Special Jury Prize at the Sundance Film Festival in 2000 with his co-stars in Songcatcher (2000).
- Aidan claimed that Madonna was a great artist and had a terrific personality after they filmed a movie together in 1985, titled Desperately Seeking Susan.
- 21 years passed between Aiden’s 2 Emmy Award nominations. After the 1st one for An Early Frost in 1985, where he had a lead role, he was nominated for the supporting role of Senator Dawes in Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee (2007) but didn’t win.
- He had a notable role in the drama film Stay in 2013, alongside Taylor Schilling.
- Aidan portrayed Paul McCartney, a well-known musician, and member of The Beatles, in a television drama by VH1 titled Two of Us (2000). He had the chance to meet Paul later in life, and the two became good friends.
- He co-starred with Sandra Bullock, Nicole Kidman, and Evan Rachel Wood in a fantasy-drama Practical Magic (1998).
- He became good friends with Natasha Richardson, Liam Neeson’s ex-wife, during the movie they starred in together – The Handmaid’s Tale (1990), and she made him a co-executor of real estate in her will in 2005. Natasha passed away in 2009 after she fell and received a fatal head injury while she was skiing in Mont Tremblant, Quebec, Canada.
- He is not active on social media.
Featured Image by David Shankbone / Wikimedia / CC BY 3.0