Evan Rachel Wood
Raleigh, North Carolina, U.S.
She was homeschooled for the most part, but has attended Cary Elementary in Cary, North Carolina. At the age of 15, she earned her high school diploma via home schooling.
- Father – Ira David Wood III (Actor, singer, playwright)
- Mother – Sara Lynn Moore (Actress, director, acting coach)
- Siblings – Ira David Wood IV (Older Brother) (Actor), Dana Wood (Brother), Thomas Wood (Brother)
- Others – Carol Winstead Wood (Paternal Aunt) (Hollywood Production Designer)
As a model, she was signed to these talent agencies –
- Creative Artists Agency
- Circle Talent Agency
5 ft 6¼ in or 168 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Evan Rachel Wood dated –
- Edward Norton (2004) – She was RUMORed to have had a fling with actor Edward Norton when she met him on the set of 2005 film Down in the Valley during March 2004. He is about 18 years her senior.
- Jamie Bell (2005-2006; 2011-Present) – She started dating English actor, Jamie Bell in June 2005. They both met during the shooting of Green Day’s music video of “Wake Me Up When September Ends”. They parted their ways in 2006. But, after five years, the couple reconciled in summer of 2011 and this time engaged on January 23, 2012, and later married on October 30, 2012. She also gave birth to a baby boy on July 29, 2013.
- Marilyn Manson (2007-2010) – In September 2007, she started dating musician Marilyn Manson after meeting him at Hotel Chateau Marmont in Los Angeles. They engaged in January 2010. But, this relationship also saw an end in August 2010.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt (2008) – She was RUMORed to be dating actor Joseph in quarter 4 of 2008. She was seen with him on multiple occasions during these 3 months.
- Shane West (2009) – In the summer of June, the two seemed to be dating. But, the things ended soon between the two.
- Alexander Skarsgård (2009) – They had a fling together in July 2009, when Wood appeared in True Blood with Swedish actor, Alexander.
Race / Ethnicity
Bisexual (revealed via Twitter in August 2012)
34-26-34 in or 87-66-87 cm
4 (US) or 34 (EU)
She was chosen as the face of Gucci guilty fragrance in 2010 alongside Chris Evans.
In 2003, she stated that she is a Jewish.
Her mom converted to Judaism while her dad is a Christian.
In 2012, Evan revealed that she believes in God, but is not very religious; rather she is spiritual.
Best Known For
Appearing in films like Digging to China (1997), Little Secrets (2001), Thirteen (2003) and HBO’s drama TV series like True Blood (2009-2011).
In 1994, she appeared in the TV film titled In the Best of Families: Marriage, Pride & Madness for her role as Little Susie. The film is based on Jerry Bledsoe’s novel Bitter Blood.
First TV Show
From 1995 to 1996, Evan Rachel played the role as Rose Russell in CBS’s horror series American Gothic. She appeared in three episodes.
She does meditation, and dancing a lot. She started meditating at the age of 12 and it really helps her to keep her mind sharp. Dancing, on the other hand, helps Wood to stay physically fit and active.
Evan Rachel Wood Favorite Things
- Actor – Gene Wilder
- Actress – Cate Blanchett
Source – IMDb
She also mentioned about one of her favorite things on Twitter (pictured below).
One of my favorite things to do is text message @EllenPage random pictures of baby animals.
— Evan Rachel Wood (@evanrachelwood) March 18, 2014
Evan Rachel Wood Facts
- Her father is the owner of the local theatre company called Theatre in the Park.
- She has a black belt in taekwondo.
- Her parents divorced in 1997 (when she was 10 years old).
- She likes swimming, horseback riding, skating and singing.
- Rachel is the niece of Carol Winstead Wood.
- English comedian, Charlie Chaplin is her hero.
- She returned to work 6 months after giving birth to her first child in 2013.
- She is on #31 in Maxim’s Hot 100 Women list of 2011.
- She is “one of the best actresses of her generation” as per The Guardian.
- Connect with Rachel on Twitter, and Tumblr.