Joseph Leonard Gordon-Levitt
Joe, Joey, JGL, Regular Joe
Los Angeles, California, US
Franklin Hills Hood, Los Angeles, California, USA
Joseph graduated from Van Nuys High School with honors in June 1999. He took a break from acting (which he was doing from the age of six) and joined Columbia University School of General Studies, but dropped out in 2004. After dropping out, he focused more on acting, writing and directing.
Actor, Singer, Writer, Film Director, Producer, Entrepreneur
- Father – Dennis Levitt (News Director, Activist)
- Mother – Jane Gordon (Activist, United States Congressman Nominee)
- Siblings – Dan Gordon-Levitt (Television Producer) (Late Older Brother)
- Others – Michael Gordon (Maternal Grandfather), Elizabeth A. Cohn (Maternal Grandmother), Milton Levitt (Paternal Grandfather), Celia Roth (Paternal Grandmother)
Joseph Gordon-Levitt is signed to
- Viewpoint, Inc.
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment
5 ft 9¼ in or 176 cm
70 kg or 154 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joseph Gordon-Levitt has been romantically linked with –
- Larisa Oleynik (1998-2002) – Joseph started dating actress Larisa Oleynik in July 1998 after working with her on the movies 10 Things I Hate About You (1999), and Third Rock From the Sun (1996). After dating for four years, they got separated in 2002.
- Julia Stiles (1999) – Joseph had a fling with actress Julia Stiles in 1999, while he was still dating Larisa Oleynik.
- Meagan Good (2004) – From April 2004 to October 2004, Joseph dated actress Meagan Good when they were working on the independent movie Brick.
- Evan Rachel Wood (2008) – Joseph was RUMORed to have had a fling with actress Evan Rachel Wood nearing November-December 2008.
- Alexandra Nicole Hulme (2010) – Joseph dated actress Alexandra Nicole Hulme briefly in late 2010.
- Devon Aoki (2010) – Joseph was RUMORed to have had a fling with model Devon Aoki in June 2010. She is the daughter of the founder of the Benihana restaurant chain.
- Phoebe Tonkin (2012) – Joseph was RUMORed to have had an encounter with Australian actress Phoebe Tonkin in January 2012.
- Meighan Bennett (2012-2013) – Joseph started dating model Meighan Bennett in February 2012. They were first spotted together during an after-party on February 25, 2012, and soon after, the duo started dating each other. They split in 2013.
- Tasha McCauley (2013-Present) – After Joseph separated with Meighan Bennett, he started dating businesswoman Tasha McCauley in 2013, who founded Fellow Robots. They met via mutual friends. They got married on December 20, 2014 in Los Angeles. The couple welcomed their first child, a son on August 15, 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
Joseph is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent
- Intense method acting
- Dimples and youthful boyish looks
Joseph’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 40 in or 102 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
His shoe size is speculated to be 9 (US).
He has appeared in Pop Tarts “Pub Commercial” (1991) and Cocoa Puffs “Cereal” (1991) advertisement.
Best Known For
Portraying the roles of Young Norman in A River Runs Through It (1992), Cameron James in 10 Things I hate About You (1999), Arthur in Inception (2010), Young Joe in Looper (2012), John Blake in The Dark Knight Rises (2012) and Jon “Don Jon” Martello in Don Jon (2013).
As an Actor
Joseph appeared as Student No. 1 in his debut family comedy film Beethoven in 1992.
He was the executive producer of the universally acclaimed 2012 sci-fi action thriller film Looper in which he portrayed the role of Young Joe.
First TV Show
Joseph played the role of Dougie in the NBC sitcom Family Ties in 1988 in just two episodes.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt took the help from the personal trainer, Arin Babaian for the 2013 film Don Jon.
According to MensFitness.co.uk, his workout routine for the movie Don Jon (2013) involved exercises for two hours in the gym daily, which mainly focused on his chest, back, shoulders, arms (biceps and triceps) and legs.
- Breakfast – Oatmeal and eggs
- Lunch and Dinner – Chicken or fish with broccoli and brown rice
- Snacks – Fruits and nuts
Joseph Gordon-Levitt Favorite Things
- Food – Burger
- Sport – Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Lawn Tennis
- Filmmakers – Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, Steven Spielberg, Rian Johnson, Stanley Kubrick
- Actors – Daniel Day-Lewis, Warren Oates, Gary Oldman, Peter Sellers, Gena Rowlands
- Movies – Dr. Strangelove (1964), Pulp Fiction (1994), Big Night (1996), Sling Blade (1996), Trees Lounge (1996), Swingers (1996)
- Instruments – Drums, guitar, piano
Joseph Gordon-Levitt Facts
- In 2004, he founded hitRECord, an open collaborative platform and production, which is used to create, develop art and media.
- He is good friends with Channing Tatum, David Krumholtz, Leonardo DiCaprio, Zooey Deschanel, Anne Hathaway, and Emily Blunt.
- He is a self-proclaimed “videophile” wherein he makes use of an Apple Macbook Pro and Mozilla Firefox to create a website.
- In October 2013, he was almost cast to play the title character for Marvel Studios’ superhero film Ant-Man, which was eventually played by Paul Rudd.
- He lent his voice to the character of Jiro Horikoshi in the English version of Hayao Miyazaki’s Oscar nominated animated film The Wind Rises in 2014.
- James Franco was Christopher Nolan’s first choice to play the role of Arthur in Inception (2010) but due to scheduling conflicts, he backed out, which subsequently led Joseph to play the character.
- He can speak French fluently.
- He grew up with actor Beverley Mitchell.
- Connect with Joseph on Facebook and Twitter.