|Peter Sellers Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8½ in|
|Date of Birth||September 8, 1925|
|Date of Death||July 24, 1980|
Peter Sellers was a versatile English actor and comedian who became widely celebrated for his work in films like I’m All Right Jack (1959), The Pink Panther (1963), Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964), The Return of the Pink Panther (1975), Being There (1979), etc.
Richard Henry Sellers
Peter was born on September 8, 1925.
He died from a heart attack on July 24, 1980, in London at the age of 54 years.
Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
Peter’s net worth was $10 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
67 kg or 147.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Peter had dated –
- Francesca Hilton
- Anne Howe (1949-1963) – Married from September 15, 1951, until 1963; a son named Michael Sellers (April 2, 1954 – July 24, 2006) and a daughter named Sarah Sellers (b. 1958)
- Sophia Loren – RUMOR
- Capucine (1963)
- Britt Ekland (1964-1968) – Married between February 19, 1964 and 1968; 1 daughter named Victoria Sellers (b. January 20, 1965)
- Princess Margaret (1967-1969)
- Mia Farrow (1968)
- Miranda Quarry (1969-1974) – Married on August 24, 1970; divorced in 1974
- Sinéad Cusack (1969)
- Liza Minnelli (1973)
- Tessa Dahl (1975)
- Susan George (1975)
- Carole Mallory (1976-1977)
- Julie Ege (1977)
- Christina Wachtmeister
- Lynne Frederick (1976-1980) – Married from February 18, 1977, until Peter’s death in 1980
Race / Ethnicity
He had English ancestry on his father’s side and was of Ashkenazi Jewish and Sephardi Jewish descent on his mother’s side.
- Playing the hilariously incompetent Inspector Jacques Clouseau in The Pink Panther film series
- Skilled at doing impersonations
- His self-deprecating attitude
Peter Sellers Facts
- He shared a prolific working relationship with director Stanley Kubrick.
- His only son Michael died of a heart attack (just like him) on July 24, 2006; exactly 26 years to the day of Peter’s death.
- His comedic talent is often cited to be on par with that of Charlie Chaplin.
- Comedians like Mike Myers, Robin Williams, Stephen Mangan, Eddie Murphy, Chris Rock, Alan Carr, Conan O’Brien, Will Ferrell, etc. were inspired by Sellers’ work.
Featured Image by Allan Warren / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0
Peter Sellers was actually 173 cm which is 5’8″. He wasn’t 174 cm. He was also closer to 70 kg. Possibly 69 kg. 69 kg is 152 pounds