|Mike Myers Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||May 25, 1963|
Mike Myers is a Canadian singer, actor, comedian, screenwriter, producer, and director who came to prominence for playing the titular character in the hit films Wayne’s World, Austin Powers, and Shrek. Other than that, Mike is also known for his appearances on Saturday Night Live (1989-1995) and for being a member of the band Ming Tea.
Michael John Myers
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
Beverly Hills, California, United States
Mike studied at Sir John A. Macdonald Collegiate Institute.
Later, Mike completed his graduation in 1982 from Stephen Leacock Collegiate Institute.
Actor, Comedian, Screenwriter, Producer, Director, Singer
- Father – Eric Myers (Insurance Agent)
- Mother – Alice E. Myers (Office Supervisor, Veteran)
- Siblings – Paul Myers (Older Brother) (Singer, Songwriter, Author, Musician, Journalist), Peter Myers (Older Brother)
Mike is represented by William Morris Entertainment and Untitled Entertainment.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
97 kg or 214 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mike has dated –
- Robin Ruzan (1980-2005) – On May 22, 1993, Mike married actress and comedy writer Robin Ruzan. However, they divorced in December 2005.
- Kelly Tisdale (2006-Present) – He married café owner Kelly Tisdale in 2010. The couple has 3 children – a son named Spike Myers (b. September 29, 2011) and a daughter named Sunday Molly Myers (b. April 11, 2014). The couple is blessed with 1 more daughter.
Race / Ethnicity
He is English and Welsh descent.
Myers has appeared in the commercials for various brands such as –
- Philips HD
- Comedy Central television network
- BC Hydro
Mike Myers Facts
- He was raised as an Anglican in the suburban Toronto districts of North York and Scarborough. Later, he moved to the United Kingdom.
- His brother Paul is a well-known indie-rock songwriter and musician whereas, his other brother Peter worked for Sears Canada in the past.
- In the early ’90s, Mike formed the band Ming Tea along with vocalist, guitarist, actress, and songwriter Susanna Lee Hoffs and singer and songwriter Sidney Matthew Sweet. Mike is the lead vocalist in the band.
- His mother Alice was a veteran of the Royal Air Force.
- He was 2 years old when he started getting cast in commercials.
- After completing his schooling, he joined The Second City Canadian touring company. Later, in 1985, he became one of the founding members of The Comedy Store Players.
- Mike was only 12 years old when he made his debut TV show appearance as Ari in King of Kensington in 1975.
- He made his debut theatrical film appearance as the self-titled character in Wayne’s World in 1992.
- In 2001, Mike was featured in singer and songwriter Britney Spears‘s music video Boys.
- Mike was one of the celebrities who took part in the 2006 Worldwide Dungeons & Dragons Game Day.
- On June 25, 2003, he was presented with a star on the Canadian Walk of Fame in Toronto.
- In 2013, Mike made his directorial debut with his documentary titled Supermensch: The Legend of Shep Gordon.
- Mike is a huge supporter of the Toronto Maple Leafs of the National Hockey League.
Featured Image By Joella Marano / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0