|Natarajan Chandrasekaran Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||June 2, 1963|
Natarajan Chandrasekaran is an Indian business executive who is best known for his long-standing association with Tata Sons Private Limited, the private entity and the owner of Tata Group, an Indian multinational conglomerate that was founded in 1868. In October 2016, he had been appointed as an additional director on the Tata Sons board and later made the chairman of Tata Sons. Previously, he had served as the COO and executive director of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), an Indian multinational IT services and consulting company that is also the largest IT services company in the world by market capitalization. He had been appointed the CEO of TCS in 2009. He has also served as the chairman of Tata Motors, an Indian multinational automotive manufacturing company; and Tata Global Beverages (TGB) (now known as Tata Consumer Products), a fast-moving consumer goods company.
Mohanur, Namakkal District, Tamil Nadu, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Natarajan had attended a Tamil-medium Government school in his hometown of Mohanur. After his high school graduation, he had joined the Coimbatore Institute of Technology, a government-aided autonomous engineering college in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. He had earned a bachelor’s degree in Applied Sciences from there.
Natarajan had then joined the Regional Engineering College, Tiruchirappalli (now known as the National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli), a public technical and research university near the city of Tiruchirappalli in Tamil Nadu. He had graduated from there, in 1986, with a Master of Computer Applications (MCA) degree.
- Father – Srinivasan Natarajan
- Mother – Meenakshi Nataranjan
- Siblings – N. Ganapathy Subramaniam (Brother) (Business Executive, Chief Operating Officer of TCS), Natesan Srinivasan (Brother) (Business Executive, Chief Financial Officer of Murugappa Group, an Indian business conglomerate founded in 1900), Mathangi (Sister)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Natarajan has dated –
- Lalitha Chandrasekaran – Through his long-term marriage to Lalitha, Natarajan has a son named Pranav Chandrasekaran.
Race / Ethnicity
- Mildly stocky frame
- Side-parted, wavy hair
- Clean-shaven look
Natarajan Chandrasekaran Facts
- When Natarajan had been appointed the chairman of Tata Sons, he had become the first non-Parsi person and professional executive to head the Tata Group which had been founded in 1868 by pioneer industrialist Jamsetji Tata and which had been headed ever since by members of his family or extended family, all Parsis.
- He is a senior member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), as well as an active member of the Computer Society of India and the British Computer Society.
- Natarajan was nominated as the chairman of the Indian IT industry body NASSCOM (National Association of Software and Service Companies) in April 2015.
- He is a keen photographer, a music aficionado, and an enthusiastic long-distance runner who has completed marathons/half-marathons in global cities like Amsterdam, Boston, Chicago, Berlin, Mumbai, New York, and Tokyo.
- He had been honored with the Padma Bhushan, the third-highest civilian award of India, on the eve of India’s 73rd Republic Day in January 2022, along with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella and Google CEO Sundar Pichai.
- In 2022, he purchased a duplex on the 11th and 12th floors, worth INR 98 crore in Mumbai’s Peddar Road. He was living in the same duplex house for the last 5 years on lease by paying a monthly rent of INR 20 lakhs.
- In May 2023, Natarajan was honored with France’s highest civilian honor — “Chevalier de la Légion d’Honneur”.
- In the financial year 2022-2023, Chandrasekaran earned INR 113 crore as remuneration which included INR 100 crore as commission on profit. He had earned INR 109 crore in FY22 (the previous year).
Featured Image by Natarajan Chandrasekaran / Instagram