|Cardi B Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||October 11, 1992|
Cardi B is an American rapper, songwriter, television personality, and actress who has released a number of chart-topping tracks and albums such as Invasion of Privacy, Bodak Yellow, I Like It, Please Me, and WAP. Included in the Time magazine’s annual list of the “100 Most Influential People in the World” in 2018, she became the first female rapper with multiple billion-streamers on Spotify and has also won at least one Grammy Award, 7 Billboard Music Awards, 4 American Music Awards, and 11 BET Hip Hop Awards.
Belcalis Marlenis Almánzar
Cardi B, Bacardi
The Bronx, New York, United States
Edgewater, New Jersey, United States
Cardi B went to the Renaissance High School for Musical Theater & Technology.
She later got enrolled at the Borough of Manhattan Community College. At the college, she took French and history courses. However, she dropped out before completing her education.
Rapper, Songwriter, Television Personality, Actress
- Father – He was a cab driver.
- Mother – She has worked as a cashier.
- Siblings – Hennessy Carolina (Sister) (Social Media Star, Television Personality)
- Others – She had a strained relationship with her stepfather.
Cardi B is managed by Shaft, who is a New York entertainment industry veteran.
She is also represented by KSR Group, Talent Management Company, New York City, New York, United States.
KSR, Atlantic Records
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm (as per Cardi B’s several tweets in 2019)
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Cardi B has dated –
- King Yella (2015)
- Tommy Geez (2015-2016)
- DJ Self (2016)
- Offset (2017-2018, 2018-2020, 2020-Present) – The rumors of Cardi B dating Migos’ rapper Offset started swirling around by the turn of 2017. Offset debuted their relationship on social media in February 2017 as he live-streamed them sitting together inside NRG Stadium at the Super Bowl. Cardi confirmed their relationship about a week later by sharing their video on Instagram on Valentine’s Day. She even decided to cast him in her single, Lick, in which they put up quite a steamy show. In June, their relationship was reportedly complicated. They had been on and off for a couple of months at that time. However, by the end of the month, they seemed to be back together as they were pictured kissing while shopping on Rodeo Drive. In August, they created a minor controversy as a short video of Offset rubbing his crotch in a nightclub was posted on social media. On July 10, 2018, the couple welcomed their first child together, daughter Kulture Kiari Cephus. In September 2017, they had secretly married which they revealed later in June 2018. The couple split in 2018 which was revealed in December 2018. In December 2018, Offset and Cardi B were seen on the same jet ski in Puerto Rico during a holiday. In January 2019, it came to public attention that they have reconciled. But, by September 2020, she had filed for divorce from Offset. In October 2020, they were very much together and had filed for paperwork to dismiss the divorce by November 2020. This was the second time she filed a paper to cancel the legal split from Offset.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Hispanic and Black)
On her father’s side, she has Dominican ancestry while on her mother’s side, she is of Trinidadian and Spanish descent.
- Curvaceous figure
39-27-36 in or 99-68.5-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
9 (US) or 39.5 (EU)
She is a devout Christian and a firm believer in God.
She has even claimed in her interviews that she talks directly to God pretty regularly.
Best Known For
- Being cast as a member of the VH1 reality TV series, Love & Hip Hop: New York
- The popularity of her single, Bodak Yellow, which managed to sneak into top 10 of the US Billboard Hot 100 chart
As a Singer
In March 2016, Cardi released her debut mixtape, Gangsta Bitch Music, Vol. 1.
First TV Show
In 2015, Cardi B made her first TV show appearance in the reality series, Love & Hip Hop: New York.
Cardi B isn’t a big fan of working out regularly and following specific diets.
She often claims that stripping in her late teens has helped her to get rid of all the body fat and she needn’t work out any longer.
However, she doesn’t mind hitting the gym when she is preparing for a specific event. For example, it was reported that she was working out twice a day to get in perfect shape for her appearance at the 2017 BET awards.
Cardi B Favorite Things
- Spirit Animal – Monkey or Ape
- Food – Chinese, Mexican, and anything cooked by her grandmother
- Artist – Madonna and Lady Gaga
- Influences – Ivy Queen, Trina, and Khia
Cardi B Facts
- Well, before she became a celebrity, she had a full-time job at the Amish market. However, she was fired by her store manager for giving a considerable discount to her co-worker.
- She became a stripper at the age of 19 after the store manager (while firing her) had suggested her to work as a stripper as she had a nice body.
- She has revealed that one of the reasons for becoming a stripper was poverty. Also, she thought that it would help her in escaping domestic violence and abusive relationship she was in.
- In her youth days, she was a member of the infamous Bloods street gang. She became gangbanger at the age of 16.
- She started her ascent to fame in 2013 as her short videos on Vine started going viral. Plus, her Instagram page was gaining followers as well.
- She was so embarrassed by working as a stripper that she hid her job from her family for around 2 years. She told them that she was earning good money because she was babysitting ‘some rich white people.’
- Cardi B has a short temper.
- On August 7, 2020, she released the lead single, WAP, from her 2nd studio album and it featured rapper Megan Thee Stallion. The song topped several charts including US Rolling Stone Top 100, US Billboard Hot 100, US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard), UK Singles (Official Charts Company), Canada (Canadian Hot 100), and Australia (ARIA) and also broke the record for the largest opening streaming week for a song in US history.
- She is a feminist who is known for uniting female talents in the music industry.
- On Cardi’s 28th birthday, Kylie Jenner sent her a powder blue Hermès Birkin bag as a birthday gift.
- In October 2020, Cardi B deleted her Twitter account after firing back at the people who were judging her relationship with Offset.
- Cardi B was the Woman of the Year at the 2020 Billboard’s Women in Music event.
- Cardi B is the first artist to win the “Favorite Song in the Rap/Hip Hop” category 2 times at American Music Awards (AMA). The first one happened in 2018 AMAs for the song “Bodak Yellow” and the second one for the song “WAP” with Megan thee Stallion at 2020 AMAs.
Featured Image available under Public Domain / CC0 1.0