|Kanye West Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||June 8, 1977|
Kanye West is an American rapper, record producer, and fashion designer who has released a number of successful studio albums including The Life of Pablo, The College Dropout, Late Registration, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, Graduation, and Yeezus. Moreover, he has won at least 21 Grammy Awards, making him one of the most awarded artists of all time, and has been named one of the “100 Greatest Songwriters of All Time” by Rolling Stone. Kanye was also credited as one of the “100 Most Influential People in the World” by Time magazine in 2005 and 2015.
Kanye Omari West (Kanye is pronounced as con-yay)
Ye, The Louis Vuitton Don, Konman, Yeezy
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Hidden Hills, California, U.S.
Kanye West studied at Polaris High School, Oak Lawn, Illinois, USA. He then attended the American Academy of Art, Chicago, and also completed 1 year at Chicago State University but dropped out to focus on his music career.
Musician, Film Director, Fashion Designer, Singer, Songwriter, Rapper, Music Video Director (In 2008, Kanye West and Spike Jonze co-directed the music video for Kanye’s single Flashing Lights), Record Producer
- Father – Ray West (Former Black Panther, photojournalist, Christian counselor, entrepreneur)
- Mother – Dr. Donda C. (Williams) West (English Professor at a University, later became Kanye’s manager)
United Talent Agency
Vocals, keyboards, sampler, percussion, synthesizer, piano
Very GOOD Beats, Roc-A-Fella Records, Def Jam Recordings
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
80 kg or 176 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kanye West has dated –
- Sumeke Rainey (1996-2002)
- Karrine Steffans (2002)
- Alexis Phifer (2002-2008)
- Brooke Crittenton (2005-2006)
- Sky Nellor (2006) – Rumor
- Adrienne Houghton (2007) – Rumor
- Jennifer Metcalfe (2008) – Rumor
- Sessilee Lopez (2008) – Rumor
- Amber Rose (2008-2010)
- Angela Martini (2009)
- Selita Ebanks (2010)
- Melody Thornton (2010)
- Dollicia Bryan (2010)
- Jenna Shea (2010)
- Chanel Iman (2010-2011)
- Jemma Lucy (2011) – Rumor
- Kate Upton (2011)
- Virginie Maury (2011)
- Kim Kardashian (2012-Present) – Kanye West started dating media personality, socialite, model, businesswoman, and actress, Kim Kardashian, in April 2012. They got engaged on October 21, 2013. They had already welcomed their daughter North West on June 15, 2013. Kardashian and West got married on May 24, 2014, in Florence, Italy and Kim legally changed her name from “Kardashian” to “West” on August 5, 2014. The couple then had one son named, Saint West, born on December 5, 2015. Their 3rd child, daughter Chicago West, was born on January 15, 2018. They welcomed their 4th child, a son named Psalm West, in May 2019 who was born via a surrogate mother. The duo’s marriage was described as “a historic blizzard of celebrity” by The New York Times.
Race / Ethnicity
Pepsi, Nike (2011), Megaupload (2011)
Best Known For
His music albums. As of 2012, he has released 5 solo albums and all of them have gone platinum.
“The College Dropout” released on February 10, 2004, on Roc-A-Fella Records
“We Were Once a Fairytale” released on June 24, 2009. This is a 14-minute film.
Kanye West Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Soul Food
- Favorite Band – Franz Ferdinand
- Favorite White Girl – Scarlett Johansson
- Favorite Color – Kanye says he doesn’t have any favorite color, but when he will have one, it will not be white
- Favorite Clothing – Louis Vuitton
- Favorite Shoes – Louis Vuitton, Nike Air 180s
- Favorite Artist – Kid Cudi
- Favorite Movie – Coming to America (1988)
- Favorite Rapper – He himself is his favorite rapper (He once had given a speech at Grammy Award Function)
- Favorite Album of All Time – Bizarre Ride II the Pharcyde
Source – A Video
Kanye West Facts
- Kanye West has also started the Kanye West Foundation in 2003 in Chicago, USA, which helps Latino and African American children continue education and pursue music in school.
- Kanye West has a metal plate on his chin due to a car accident. He was driving home from the studio and fall asleep while driving and as a result, he crashed into another car.
- His debut album “College Dropout” sold 400,000 copies in its first week. Though, all his five solo albums till 2012 have grossed good money and were declared platinum.
- As of 2020, Kanye West has received 21 Grammy awards, making him the most awarded artist of all time.
- He strongly dislikes President George Walker Bush as he doesn’t care about black people.
- G.O.O.D. Music is the American record label founded by Kanye West.
- Kanye West is the only child.
- He has been listed no. 3 on the Billboard’s list of Top 10 Producers of the decade.
- Kanye broke down at a concert in Paris, a week after the passing of his mother, Dr. Donda West as he was trying to sing the verses of “Hey Mama”.
- During his interview with David Letterman in 2019, Kanye revealed that he suffers from bipolar disorder.
- He announced his 2020 presidential election campaign on July 4, 2020, via Twitter. Though he didn’t win the election but had received nearly 60,000 votes nationally until November 4, 2020 morning (the counting was still going on at that time).
- 2020 was the time, he had voted for the first time in the Presidential election. Since he was also a candidate in the presidential race, he voted for himself.
- He was ranked at number #2 on Forbes‘ “Highest-Paid Celebrities” list for 2020 while Kylie Jenner topped the list.
- In September 2020, his Twitter account was suspended for 12 hours when he tweeted a journalist’s personal phone number.
- On Kim Kardashian’s 40th birthday, he gifted her a hologram of Kim’s late father Robert Kardashian.
- Kanye West quotations
- “Nothing in life is promised except death”
- “I don’t know what is better – getting laid or getting paid”
- Visit his official website @ www.kanyewest.com.
- Kanye deleted his Twitter and Instagram accounts in May 2017. He later joined Twitter again.