|Kanye West Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||June 8, 1977|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kanye West is an American rapper, record producer, and fashion designer who has released a number of successful studio albums including The Life of Pablo, The College Dropout, Late Registration, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, Graduation, and Yeezus. Moreover, he has won at least 21 Grammy Awards, making him one of the most awarded artists of all time, and has been named one of the “100 Greatest Songwriters of All Time” by Rolling Stone. Kanye was also credited as one of the “100 Most Influential People in the World” by Time magazine in 2005 and 2015.
Kanye Omari West (Kanye is pronounced as con-yay)
Ye, The Louis Vuitton Don, Konman, Yeezy
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Hidden Hills, California, U.S.
Kanye West studied at Polaris School for Individual Education in Oak Lawn, Illinois. At 10, he started going to Nanjing University where his mother was a teacher.
He then attended the American Academy of Art, Chicago, and also completed 1 year at Chicago State University but dropped out to focus on his music career.
Musician, Film Director, Fashion Designer, Singer, Songwriter, Rapper, Music Video Director (In 2008, Kanye West and Spike Jonze co-directed the music video for Kanye’s single Flashing Lights), Record Producer
- Father – Ray West (Former Black Panther, photojournalist, Christian counselor, entrepreneur)
- Mother – Dr. Donda C. (Williams) West (English Professor at a University, later became Kanye’s manager)
United Talent Agency
Hip hop, progressive rap, pop, art-pop
Vocals, keyboards, sampler, percussion, synthesizer, piano
Very GOOD Beats, Roc-A-Fella Records, Def Jam Recordings
Kanye’s net worth was estimated at $2 billion in 2022 which dropped to $400 million in 2023 as per Forbes.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
80 kg or 176 pounds
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Kanye West has dated –
- Sumeke Rainey (1996-2002)
- Karrine Steffans (2002)
- Alexis Phifer (2002-2008)
- Brooke Crittenton (2005-2006)
- Sky Nellor (2006) – Rumor
- Adrienne Bailon (2007) – Rumor
- Jennifer Metcalfe (2008) – Rumor
- Sessilee Lopez (2008) – Rumor
- Amber Rose (2008-2010)
- Angela Martini (2009)
- Selita Ebanks (2010)
- Melody Thornton (2010)
- Dollicia Bryan (2010)
- Jenna Shea (2010)
- Chanel Iman (2010-2011)
- Kenya Moore
- Jemma Lucy (2011) – Rumor
- Kate Upton (2011)
- Virginie Maury (2011)
- Riccardo Tisci (2011) – Rumor
- Kim Kardashian (2012-2021) – Kanye West started dating media personality, socialite, model, businesswoman, and actress, Kim Kardashian, in April 2012. They got engaged on October 21, 2013. They had already welcomed their daughter North West on June 15, 2013. Kardashian and West got married on May 24, 2014, in Florence, Italy and Kim legally changed her name from “Kardashian” to “West” on August 5, 2014. The couple then had one son named, Saint West, born on December 5, 2015. Their 3rd child, daughter Chicago West, was born on January 15, 2018. They welcomed their 4th child, a son named Psalm West, in May 2019 who was born via a surrogate mother. The duo’s marriage was described as “a historic blizzard of celebrity” by The New York Times. In January 2021, it was reported that Kim was preparing to file for divorce from Kanye. They had split in 2021 and they officially filed for divorce in February 2021. As a part of the divorce settlement, Kim got complete possession of the Hidden Hills Estate, worth $60 million, which was earlier shared by Kim and Kanye. In March 2022, it was revealed that Kim had been legally declared “single” by a judge and that she would be dropping “West” from her name. Their divorce was finalized in November 2022. Kanye would also receive joint custody of all 4 children. Plus, he would be required to pay $200,000 a month for child support to Kim because he would also be 50% responsible for education, security, and other expenses of the kids.
- Amanda Lepore (2018) – Rumor
- Irina Shayk (2021) – In June 2021, Kanye was seen with Russian model Irina Shayk on a vacation in Provence, France which sparked dating rumors. In August 2021, it was reported that the couple had broken up after dating for almost 3 months.
- Vinetria (2021) – In 2021, Kanye was rumored to be dating model Vinetria after they were spotted together at his Donda Academy’s debut basketball game. In December 2021, it was reported that the couple had broken up after Kanye had unfollowed her on Instagram.
- Julia Fox (2022) – In January 2022, Kanye was rumored to be dating actress Julia Fox after they were spotted together on a dinner date at Carbone restaurant in Miami. Later in the month, they confirmed the relationship by sharing their pictures for Interview magazine. In February 2022, it was revealed that the couple had separated after dating for a few weeks.
- Chaney Jones (2022) – In 2022, Kanye started dating model Chaney Jones. In May 2022, Chaney got “Ye” tattooed on her left wrist. In June 2022, it was revealed that the couple had broken up after dating for almost 4 months.
- Candice Swanepoel (2022) – In September 2022, Kanye was rumored to be dating model Candice Swanepoel after she shared a picture with him on her Instagram story.
- Juliana Nalú (2022) – In October 2022, Kanye was rumored to be dating Brazilian model Juliana Nalú after they were seen together in Los Angeles.
- Bianca Censori (2023-Present) – Two months after his divorce from Kim Kardashian was finalized, Kanye married Yeezy designer Bianca Censori in a private ceremony in January 2023.
Race / Ethnicity
Pepsi, Nike (2011), Megaupload (2011)
In February 2022, Kanye appeared in the “Super Bowl” commercial for McDonald’s along with Edwin Castro and Bubba Wallace.
Best Known For
His music albums. As of 2012, he has released 5 solo albums and all of them have gone platinum.
“The College Dropout” released on February 10, 2004, on Roc-A-Fella Records
“We Were Once a Fairytale” released on June 24, 2009. This is a 14-minute film.
Kanye West Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Soul Food
- Favorite Band – Franz Ferdinand
- Favorite White Girl – Scarlett Johansson
- Favorite Color – Kanye says he doesn’t have any favorite color, but when he will have one, it will not be white
- Favorite Clothing – Louis Vuitton
- Favorite Shoes – Louis Vuitton, Nike Air 180s
- Favorite Artist – Kid Cudi
- Favorite Movie – Coming to America (1988)
- Favorite Rapper – He himself is his favorite rapper (He once had given a speech at Grammy Award Function)
- Favorite Album of All Time – Bizarre Ride II the Pharcyde
Source – A Video
Kanye West Facts
- Kanye West has also started the Kanye West Foundation in 2003 in Chicago, USA, which helps Latino and African American children continue education and pursue music in school.
- Kanye West has a metal plate on his chin due to a car accident. He was driving home from the studio and fall asleep while driving and as a result, he crashed into another car.
- His debut album “College Dropout” sold 400,000 copies in its first week. Though, all his five solo albums till 2012 have grossed good money and were declared platinum.
- As of 2020, Kanye West has received 21 Grammy awards, making him the most awarded artist of all time.
- He strongly dislikes President George Walker Bush as he doesn’t care about black people.
- G.O.O.D. Music is the American record label founded by Kanye West.
- Kanye West is the only child.
- He has been listed no. 3 on the Billboard’s list of Top 10 Producers of the decade.
- Kanye broke down at a concert in Paris, a week after the passing of his mother, Dr. Donda West as he was trying to sing the verses of “Hey Mama”.
- During his interview with David Letterman in 2019, Kanye revealed that he suffers from bipolar disorder.
- He announced his 2020 presidential election campaign on July 4, 2020, via Twitter. Though he didn’t win the election but had received nearly 60,000 votes nationally until November 4, 2020 morning (the counting was still going on at that time).
- 2020 was the time, he had voted for the first time in the Presidential election. Since he was also a candidate in the presidential race, he voted for himself.
- He was ranked at number #2 on Forbes‘ “Highest-Paid Celebrities” list for 2020 while Kylie Jenner topped the list.
- In September 2020, his Twitter account was suspended for 12 hours when he tweeted a journalist’s personal phone number.
- On Kim Kardashian’s 40th birthday, he gifted her a hologram of Kim’s late father Robert Kardashian.
- Kanye was the 9th most-searched person of 2020 on Google in the United States.
- Kanye West quotations
- “Nothing in life is promised except death”
- “I don’t know what is better – getting laid or getting paid”
- Kanye deleted his Twitter and Instagram accounts in May 2017. He later joined Twitter again.
- With $170 million in earnings, Kanye was the 2nd highest-paid celebrity of 2020 as per Forbes.
- Kanye has a successful shoe brand to his name Yeezy. He owned a 100% stake in it until early 2021. Adidas made, marketed, and distributed Yeezy shoes and Kanye collected 11% of the annual revenue as the royalty. Adidas ended its partnership with Kanye in 2022. After ending the partnership, Kanye was no longer a billionaire as per Forbes.
- Kanye also owns a Yeezy apparel line.
- In January 2021, Kanye’s clothing line Yeezy had sued a former intern for breaching an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) and was seeking punitive damages and $500,000. The intern had uploaded the confidential Yeezy photos on his Instagram.
- In 2021, Kanye West sold his Nike Air Yeezy 1 prototype sneakers for $1.8 million to Rares, a sneaker investment marketplace. Kanye had worn these sneakers to the 2008 Grammy Awards performance.
- In 2021, a recycled nylon jacket worth $200 was put on sale as part of Kanye West’s Yeezy Gap line.
- After an episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians aired in June 2021, it was discovered that Kanye had unfollowed every member of the Kardashian family.
- In June 2021, it was revealed that Kanye was suing Walmart for reportedly selling a copied version of his famous Yeezy Foam Runner shoes.
- On August 29, 2021, he released his 10th studio album, Donda. The album is named after his late mom. Kanye later revealed on Instagram that the album was released without his approval. Donda later reached the #1 spot on Apple Music’s “Top Albums” chart in 24 hours and also became “2021′s most-streamed album” in its first 24 hours on Spotify. The album was ranked at the No. 1 spot on the Billboard 200 chart and with this, it became his 10th No. 1 album on the chart.
- In August 2021, he had filed paperwork to legally change his name to “Ye”. In October 2021, it was revealed that his new name had been approved by the legal system.
- In September 2021, he released the music video of his song, 24.
- In October 2021, Kanye had sold Kim her family’s Los Angeles home for $23 million.
- In November 2021, it was revealed that Kanye wasn’t fully vaccinated and had only received one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- In 2021, Kanye was ranked #24 in the list of “50 Most Influential People on Twitter” as per Brandwatch Consumer Research. Taylor Swift was ranked #1.
- In November 2021, Kanye released the deluxe version of his album, Donda. It features 5 new songs.
- In December 2021, Kanye donated nearly 4,000 toys to a toy drive that took place at the Kennedy King College in Chicago.
- In December 2021, Kanye purchased a 3,650 square feet house in Los Angeles for $4.5 million.
- In January 2022, Kanye released a new music video for his song Heaven and Hell from the album, Donda.
- In January 2022, Kanye was named as a suspect in a misdemeanor battery investigation that reportedly occurred outside of Soho Warehouse earlier that month.
- In February 2022, Kanye teamed up with Alicia Keys, Fivio Foreign, and Playboi Carti for a new single titled City of Gods.
- In March 2022, Kanye released the music video of his new song, Eazy, with The Game.
- In March 2022, Kanye was suspended from Instagram for 24 hours for “violating Instagram’s policies on harassment, hate speech, and bullying” after he reportedly went after Trevor Noah with a racial slur in an Instagram post.
- During the 2022 Grammys, Kanye, The Weeknd, and Lil Baby won the “Best Melodic Rap Performance” award for Hurricane.
- In May 2022, Kanye released the music video for his song, Life of the Party. The video features his childhood photos with his late mom Donda.
- In May 2022, Kanye teamed up with XXXTentacion for a new song titled True Love.
- Along with Cardi B and Lil Durk, Kanye released a new song titled Hot Sh-t in July 2022.
- In June 2022, Ultra International Music Publishing (UIMP) filed a lawsuit against Kanye for “copyright infringement”, claiming that the song Flowers in his album Donda 2 used a sample that was unauthorized.
- In September 2022, Kanye announced that he was ending his partnership with Gap after almost 2 years. He had previously accused the brand of copying his designs.
- In October 2022, Kanye was locked out of his Twitter account after he posted a disturbing anti-Semitic tweet. Earlier that month, his Instagram account was also restricted and some of his posts were deleted for “violating the platform’s policies”. In July 2023, it was revealed that his Twitter had been restored following an 8-month suspension from the platform.
- In October 2022, it was reported that Justin Bieber had decided to cut ties with Kanye after he called Hailey Bieber “nose job Hailey Baldloose” on social media.
- In September 2022 (which was revealed in October 2022), JP Morgan Chase also cut ties with Kanye West and gave him until November 21, 2022, to transfer his bank account to another bank.
- In October 2022, it was revealed that George Floyd’s daughter Gianna Floyd had filed a $250 million lawsuit against Kanye after he had claimed during an interview that George died as a result of fentanyl use. George Floyd died in 2020 at the hands of the Minneapolis police and his death sparked the “Black Lives Matter” protests worldwide.
- In 2022, it was revealed that Kanye was buying a conservative, right-wing online platform called Parler. He took this decision after he was getting banned from major social media platforms after he released controversial statements. In December 2022, it was revealed that he would no longer be acquiring Parler.
- Aaron Donald and Jaylen Brown announced that they were leaving Kanye’s Donda Sports in October 2022.
- In October 2022, it was revealed that Creative Artists Agency (CAA) had cut ties with Kanye after a series of antisemitic remarks by him.
- Due to his antisemitic remarks, Vogue magazine also said that they won’t work with Kanye anymore. Even brands like GAP and Balenciaga had also ended their partnerships with Kanye.
- On October 27, 2022, Kanye also shut down Donda Academy for the remainder of the 2022-2023 season and was looking to start afresh in September 2023.
- In 2022, many companies including Peloton, The RealReal, and TJ Maxx had stopped playing Kanye’s songs in their stores.
- In October 2022, Kanye’s former business manager Thomas St. John filed a $4.5 million lawsuit against him after his abrupt firing, claiming that the rapper terminated his 18-months contract earlier.
- In November 2022, a company called Boogie Down Productions filed a lawsuit against Kanye for reportedly sampling their track Life Of The Party on the Donda album without their permission. According to the lawsuit, he didn’t obtain the rights to the song before using part of the track on his record.
- Former employees of Yeezy and Adidas team claimed in November 2022 that West used to show them p*rn videos, his s*x tape, and his ex-wife Kim Kardashian’s explicit videos and photos in meetings. He even used to show private pictures of Kim Kardashian during job interviews.
- In November 2022, it was revealed that Kanye was Spotify’s 4th most-streamed artist in the United States.
- In November 2022, it was revealed that IRS had put a hold on four of his accounts as he reportedly owed $50 million in taxes.
- In December 2022, it was revealed that The School of the Art Institute of Chicago had taken away their honorary degree from him. He had received an honorary degree in 2015.
- In January 2023, a woman had filed a complaint against him in Ventura County and accused him of ‘battery and assault’ after he reportedly broke her phone and later threw it in the street.
- In March 2023, Adidas revealed that it might face its first annual loss in 3 decades in the year 2023 after splitting with Kanye West. Because of the split, the Yeezy sneaker line was closed which hampered Adidas’s immediate profits.
- In April 2023, his private Christian school Donda Academy was sued by 2 black women for feeding kids sushi in the lunch daily. These 2 black women were employed by Donda Academy as full-time teachers. The kids were not allowed to bring their own food, only water bottle was allowed. Adidas and Nike shoes were banned in school, kids were required to wear all-black, and many more restrictions were there.
- In May 2023, Kanye was sued by clothing retailer Gap for $2 million due to their failed collaboration. Kanye and Gap had previously announced the ‘Yeezy Gap’ collaboration in 2020. Gap was facing legal action from a company for alterations to a building it owned in Los Angeles, and they wanted Kanye to pay those damages.
- In June 2023, it was revealed that Kanye had been sued by a paparazzo after he had thrown her cell phone during a heated exchange.
- On June 8, 2023, he celebrated his 46th birthday but was criticized for serving sushi on the bare bodies of women (this practice is called Nyotaimori or body sushi). He also took his 9-year-old daughter North West to that party.
- In September 2023, he and Bianca were banned for a lifetime from the Venice boat company after they were found getting involved in a somewhat compromising situation while they were onboard.
- In November 2023, Kanye teamed up with Ty Dolla Sign for a new song titled Vultures.