|Playboi Carti Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||September 13, 1996|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Playboi Carti is an American rapper, songwriter, and model who is described as a “mumble rapper”. Starting his career under the name of Sir Cartier, he released his debut self-titled mixtape in April 2017 which caught the attention of his peers. His singles, Broke Boi and Fetti, which were released previously were the ones that gave his career a major breakthrough. Playboi Carti has worked with the likes of Frank Ocean, Nicki Minaj, Young Thug, Skepta, Tyler, the Creator, Yung Gleesh, Lana Del Rey, Lil Uzi Vert, Bryson Tiller, Travis Scott, Chief Keef, and Pi’erre Bourne. Playboi Carti has appeared as a featured artist in a large number of songs which include Telephone Calls, RAF, Summer Bummer, Action, Yo Pi’erre!, and Get Dripped. Apart from his musical career, he is also known for his unique taste in fashion and has modeled for several brands including Kanye West’s Yeezy Season 5 and Drake’s OVO Lookbook. Playboi Carti has also garnered a huge social media fan base with his singing talent and enjoys more than 3.2 million followers on Instagram, more than a million followers on Twitter, and more than 400k followers on Facebook.
Jordan Terrell Carter
Playboi Carti, Sir Cartier, Cash Carti, Young Carti, A$AP Carti
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Playboi Carti studied at North Springs Charter High School which is a public secondary school located in Sandy Springs, Georgia, United States. However, he was not regular and skipped classes to focus on his musical pursuits as well as to work his job at H&M.
Rapper, Songwriter, Model
- Others – UnoTheActivist (Cousin) (Rapper)
Hip Hop, Lo-Fi
Awful Records (Former), AWGE Label, Interscope Records
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Playboi Carti has dated –
- Justine Skye (2014-2016) – Playboi Carti started dating singer, songwriter, actress, and model, Justine Skye, in 2014. They went out for around a period of 2 years and were seen together on plenty of occasions. However, things did not work out for the couple and they decided to call it quits in May 2016.
- Rubi Rose (2015-2017) – Rubi Rose is a glamor model who started going out with Playboi Carti in 2015. However, in 2017, the duo decided to part ways after seeing one another for around 2 years.
- Alexis Sky (2017) – It was also speculated that Carti had a fling with glamor model Alexis Sky in 2017 and they went out for around a month.
- Blac Chyna (2017-2018) – Carti started dating video vixen, model, former exotic performer, and entrepreneur, Blac Chyna, in the latter part of the year 2017. The couple was spotted together on several occasions. However, they were only together for a short duration of around 4 months before they finally made their minds to head separate ways in January 2018.
- Iggy Azalea (2018-2019; 2019-2020) – In September 2018, Playboi Carti started going out with Australian rapper, singer, songwriter, and model, Iggy Azalea. They were seen together by various sources on a number of occasions. However, at the start of the year 2019, it was speculated that the couple’s short-lived romance had fizzled out as they decided to part ways in January 2019. They had reconciled later in December 2019 and their son, Onyx was born in June 2020. However, the couple separated in October 2020 and Iggy also accused him of cheating on her during the pregnancy.
Race / Ethnicity
- Birthmark on his face
- Lean physique
- Several Tattoos
- Pierced Ears
Playboi Carti has been a part of commercials for several brands such as Adidas and Nike.
Best Known For
- Having released his debut eponymous commercial mixtape, Playboi Carti, on April 14, 2017, via AWGE Label and Interscope Records. It was able to secure the 7th rank in the U.S. Top R&B /Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart and the 12th rank in the U.S. Billboard 200 chart. Moreover, the mixtape was also certified ‘Gold’ by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) and grabbed the attention of various music publications such as XXL, Pitchfork, Spin, HotNewHipHop, and PopMatters.
- Appearing as a featured artist in a variety of songs such as Action by Joey Fatts featuring alongside A$AP Nast; Telephone Calls by A$AP Mob featuring alongside A$AP Rocky, Tyler, the Creator, and Yung Gleesh; Summer Bummer by Lana Del Rey featuring alongside A$AP Rocky; Yo Pi’erre! by Pi’erre Bourne; Get Dripped by Lil Yachty; and RAF by A$AP Mob featuring A$AP Rocky, Quavo, Lil Uzi Vert, and Frank Ocean
Playboi Carti released his first studio album, Die Lit, on May 11, 2018, via AWGE Label and Interscope Records. The album was ranked at number #2 in the U.S. Top R&B /Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart, at number #3 in the U.S. Billboard 200 chart, and at number #9 in the Canadian Albums (Billboard) chart while getting placed at number #62 in the U.S. Billboard 200 year-end chart.
The album comprised of a total of 19 songs, which included Long Time (Intro), R.I.P., Lean 4 Real, Old Money, Love Hurts, Shoota, Poke It Out, Middle of the Summe, Choppa Won’t Miss, R.I.P. Fredo (Notice Me), and No Time, and also had featured guest appearances of artists such as Nicki Minaj, Young Thug, Skepta, Lil Uzi Vert, Bryson Tiller, Travis Scott, Chief Keef, and Pi’erre Bourne.
First TV Show
Playboi Carti made his first TV show appearance as a musical guest in an episode of the comedy music talk-show, Jimmy Kimmel Live!, in June 2017. The other guests on the show included actress and fashion model, Elle Fanning, and actor, writer, and director, Paul W. Downs.
Playboi Carti Favorite Things
Playboi Carti Facts
- He was born in Atlanta, Georgia and was then raised in Riverdale, Clayton County, Georgia, United States.
- Before he discovered his passion for music, Playboi Carti wanted to become a hoop star.
- He first started rapping at a young age and under the name Sir Cartier.
- It was the year 2012 when he first started using the name Playboi Carti and signed to the label Awful Records.
- The 2 singles from Playboi Carti’s debut self-titled mixtape that stood out were Magnolia and Woke Up Like This. They both made their way to the Billboard Hot 100 chart and were ranked at number #29 and #76 respectively.
- He has also toured with rappers such as Gucci Mane and Dreezy.
- In June 2017, the XXL magazine named Playboi Carti as its one of the 10 “2017 Freshman Class”.
- GQ magazine has described him as “leader of a youth style” because of his unique fashion sense and has also stated that he represents a stylistic midpoint between the “fashion gloss of A$AP Mob, the punk-rock attitude of Uzi Vert, and the playful camp of Yachty.”
- He is a major admirer of the Belgian fashion designer, Raf Simons, and has also worked as a featured artist in the song RAF by A$AP Mob which was dedicated to the brand.
- Playboi Carti counts Kanye West and A$AP Rocky as his fashion inspirations while his musical inspirations are derived from the works of rappers such as Gucci Mane, Young Thug, A$AP Rocky, Lil Uzi Vert, Chief Keef, Yung Lean, and Lil Wayne.
- As a model, he has worked for brands such as Louis Vuitton, Kanye West’s Yeezy Season 5, VFiles, and Drake‘s OVO Lookbook.
- In 2016, Playboi Carti signed to both the A$AP Mob’s AWGE imprint and Interscope Records.
- He has also worked with the famous singer, songwriter, rapper, record producer and photographer, Frank Ocean.
- For him, PlayStation is far better than Xbox.
- In his youth, Playboi Carti used to shop at thrift stores and that has apparently affected his fashion and music style.
- One of the craziest meals that he has ever ordered in a hotel comprises of around 10 orders of cookies and around 8 sprites at around 3 in the morning.
- Once, Playboi Carti went to a club in Atlanta along with his dad. Despite some initial awkwardness, the duo had a blast.
- Critics have usually defined his music as “playful, hard-hitting, and very melodic”.
- The New York Times has stated that his rapping seems as if he is “more at ease with the performance of the role than with the actual act of rapping.”
- In July 2017, Playboi Carti faced some legal troubles when he was arrested for s*xual abuse charges after he argued with his then-girlfriend outside of the Los Angeles International Airport and then grabbed her by her backpack and pulled her out of the terminal.
- In January 2021, Playboy Carti’s album Whole Lotta Red debuted at #1 on Billboard 200 by replacing Taylor Swift‘s Evermore.
- In February 2022, Playboi Carti, Kanye West, Alicia Keys, and Fivio Foreign released a new song titled City of Gods.
- In February 2023, Playboi Carti was arrested for allegedly choking his pregnant girlfriend. The incident reportedly took place in December 2022 and the woman claimed that the argument happened over a paternity test when she was 14 weeks pregnant.
Featured Image by wholelottared [loading..%] / Instagram