Alicia Augello Cook
Hell’s Kitchen, Manhattan, New York, U.S.
At the age of 12, she enrolled herself into Professional Performing Arts School and majored in the choir by graduating at the age of 16.
She was later accepted into the Columbia University also but didn’t attend to pursue her career in the field of music.
Singer, songwriter, musician, record producer, actress
- Father – Craig Cook (Flight attendant)
- Mother – Teresa Augello (Paralegal and part-time actress)
- Siblings – Cole Cook (Younger Brother)
She is signed to Red Light Management. She signed with them in late 2010.
R&B, pop, soul
Vocals, bass guitar, cello, guitar, keyboards, piano, synthesizer, vocoder,
Arista, Columbia Records, J Records, RCA
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
57 kg or 126 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Alicia Keys dated –
- Kerry Brothers (1994-1998) – She met music producer, Kerry Brothers in 1994 (when she was 13) and started dating him. On New Year day of 2008, she engaged him. But, the relationship, then, didn’t go far and ended in July 2008.
- Justin Timberlake (2002) – The two singers had a fling together in March 2002, when they were spotted having a good time together during lunch on Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles.
- Swizz Beatz (2008-Present) – She started dating rapper Swizz Beatz in July 2008 and engaged on January 24, 2010. The marriage happened the same year on July 31, 2010. Alicia gave birth to her first child, Egypt Daoud Ibarr Dean on October 10, 2010.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Italian descent on her mother’s side and African American on her father’s side.
34-26-38 in or 86-66-96.5 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU) or 10 (UK)
6.5 (US) or 37 (EU)
In 2007, she was seen in keepachildalive.org’s print ad.
She had appeared in Citibank Private Pass Credit Card commercial in 2012.
In 2005, Alicia was featured in an infomercial “Proactiv acne treatment”.
She is also the ambassador of Keep a Child Alive organization.
Best Known For
Her singing styles and albums like Songs in A Minor (2001) and others. Her other notable singles include “Fallin”, “Girl on Fire”, “No One”.
Alicia released her debut album Songs in A Minor on June 5, 2001 by J Records. It charted at #1 in US, US R&B, and Netherlands and was certified as 6x Platinum in USA. As of 2008, she sold 12 million copies of the album worldwide. The album consists of 16 singles making it more than hour’s length.
She made her film debut with Joe Carnahan’s Smokin’ Aces in which she played the role as Georgia Sykes. The film was initially released on December 9, 2006, but released on January 26, 2007 in USA.
First TV Show
In 1985, Alicia appeared as Maria in NBC’s sitcom The Cosby Show in episode no. 22 of season 1 titled “Slumber Party”.
Alicia takes help from her personal trainer, Jeanette Jenkins. She guides people to drink water (in ounces), which is half of one’s body weight. For instance, if one weighs 140 pounds, the person should drink 70 ounces of water daily.
She has also taken help from the celebrity trainer, Harley Pasternak in the past.
Alicia Keys Favorite Things
- Style Icon – Bianca Jagger
- Cities – New York, Barcelona
- Makeup – Eyeliner
- Book – The Island Beneath the Sea (By Isabel Allende)
Source – KolorBlindMag
Alicia Keys Facts
- Donny Hathaway, Marvin Gaye, Nina Simone, Stevie Wonder, Tupac Shakur, The Notorious B.I.G., Jay-Z and the Wu-Tang Clan have influenced her musical career.
- She had been raised primarily by her mom as her parents divorced at the age of two.
- She has released a song “Speechless”, which she recorded along with singer Eve, which is dedicated to her son Egypt.
- She started playing piano at 7.
- Keys started songwriting at the age of 14.
- She is good friends with singer John Mayer.
- In early 2013, she joined BlackBerry as their “Global Creative Director”.
- She is the co-founder of non-profit organization Keep a Child Alive.
- In 2021, she performed the song Lift Every Voice and Sing during the Super Bowl pre-game show.