Wellesley, Massachusetts, United States
She divides her time between New York City and Los Angeles.
Grace Kelly went to the Brookline High School but left at the age of 16. She eventually earned her GED. She was also enrolled in the Jazz Department of New England Conservatory of Music’s School of Preparatory Education.
Grace then got enrolled at the Berklee College of Music. She graduated from Berklee in December 2011 with a Bachelor of Arts in Professional Music.
Musician, Singer, Entertainer, Songwriter, Arranger
- Mother – Irene Chung Kelly
- Others – Robert Kelly (Stepfather)
Grace Kelly is represented by her stepfather Robert Kelly.
- PAZZ Productions
- Woodward Ave
5 ft 4½ in or 164 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Grace Kelly has dated –
- Areg Manvelyan – As per her social media feed, Grace Kelly is in a relationship with professional photographer Areg Manvelyan. Although the exact date of the start of their relationship isn’t known, she is pretty open about her affection for her beau. She even shared a cute message on her Instagram account on the Valentine Eve of 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
On both her parents’ side, she has Korean ancestry.
She often tends to go for eccentric and bright highlights such as ‘blue’ and ‘green’.
- Petite figure
- Unique and eye-catching hair highlights
Best Known For
- Being one of the most talented and successful jazz musicians. She has won several accolades and awards for her excellence.
- Having performed at several iconic venues such as Carnegie Hall, Rose Hall at JALC, Birdland, Kennedy Center, and Boston Symphony Hall.
- The popularity of her 10th studio album, Trying To Figure It Out, which managed to grab the 2nd spot in the Jazz Album of the Year feature in Downbeat Magazine in 2016.
Her first studio album as a leader was Dreaming, which was released in 2004.
First Web Show
However, in 2016, she made an appearance in The Thing About Secrets episode of the crime drama web television series, Bosch. She has also written a composition for the Amazon-produced show.
Grace Kelly Favorite Things
- Jazz Singer – Dianne Reeves
- Professor At The Berklee School of Music – Elon Malay
Source – Official Grace Kelly Website, WWBW
Grace Kelly Facts
- She started showing affinity to music at a very young age and by the age of 6, she was enrolled in piano lessons. At the age of 7, she wrote her first song.
- Grace first started playing saxophone when she was in the 4th grade. She had progressed so quickly that 6 weeks later, she was learning the standards.
- Apart from piano and saxophone, she is also very adept at playing the clarinet.
- She recorded her first album at the age of 12. Soon after, she started going on foreign tours.
- To focus on the development of her musical talents, she graduated from the high school 2 years early and had started studying at Berklee College of Music by the age of 16.
- She got widespread mainstream exposure after she was hired to play music with the Stay Human band for 6 months in the popular talk show, The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.
- At the age of 14, she was invited on the stage by NEA Jazz Master, Phil Woods, who honored her by presenting his signature leather cap (which has been his trademark since 1976). She had performed solo on I’ll Remember April.
- She became Grace Kelly at the age of 8 after her stepfather Robert Kelly officially adopted her.
- Grace got her first big breakthrough after she was invited to perform as a special guest with Keith Lockhart and the Boston Pops 2007 Jazz Series for 2 nights. They even played her composition, Every Road I Walked.
- In 2009, the NBA giant Boston Celtics hired her to play the National Anthem before their pre-season and playoff games at the TD Garden.
- Before she picked up the saxophone, she used to entertain herself by acting for hours in front of the mirror.
- Visit her official website @ gracekellymusic.com.
- Follow her on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Google+, Facebook, and SoundCloud.
Featured Image by Robert Kelly / Pazz Productions, LLC / CC BY-SA 4.0