|Jameis Winston Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||January 6, 1994|
|Girlfriend||Breion Nicole Allen|
Jameis Winston is an American football quarterback player who’s well-known as one of the top players of Tampa Bay Buccaneers of the National Football League (NFL). Before fame and prior to his professional debut to NFL, he was a top-performer quarterback in high school. In his freshman years in college, he had played for the Florida State Seminoles and became the youngest player to win the Heisman Trophy. He was regarded as one of the best players during his time with Seminoles and had contributed much on their victory during the BCS National Championship Game in 2014. His time with the Seminoles ended after he was drafted as the first overall pick by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the 2015 NFL Draft.
Before he made his professional debut with Buccaneers, Winston was already building his name as a footballer by his winning streaks during his college debut wherein he completed 25 out of 27 passes with a rushing touchdown that led them to victory against the University of Pittsburgh in the 2013 season. Not long after receiving multiple awards in a year, Winston won the Heisman Trophy, which placed him ahead of quarterbacks Jordan Lynch, Johhny Manziel, Tre Mason, Andre Williams, and AJ McCarron. The Seminoles lost in a match against Oregon during the 2015 Rose Bowl semifinals, giving Winston his only defeat in his entire playing career in college. Winston scored 26-1 as a starter and acquired 562 out of 851 passes for 7,964 yards, 65 touchdowns, and 28 interceptions before he was officially drafted by NFL’s Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2015.
Jameis Lanaed Winston
Bessemer, Alabama, United States
He attended Hueytown High School and went to Florida States University in college.
Professional American Football Player
- Father – Antonor Winston (Traffic Maintenance Officer)
- Mother – Loretta Winston
Jameis Winston is represented by –
- Jason Licht, General Manager of Tampa Bay Buccaneer
- R. Spielman, GSE Worldwide
3 – Tampa Bay Buccaneers
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
105 kg or 231.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jameis Winston has dated –
- Breion Allen – Jameis Winston is dating Breion Allen and the couple got engaged in May 2018. The proposal took place at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City. Shortly after proposing to Breion, he also made the announcement on his Instagram which quickly made rounds, leading fans to send their warmth congratulatory greetings to the couple. Though it is not certain as to how long they were together before Winston popped the question, reports have claimed that the duo has been together since before his Buccaneer days. Before their engagement, Jameis and Breion also shared their excitement about the arrival of their first son Antonor in February of the same year.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Big Downward Pointed Nose
- Thick Lips
- Tall Height
He has endorsed brands such as –
- Upper Deck
Best Known For
- Becoming a part of NFL’s Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Being one of the youngest top-players in the National Football League
First Football Match
In 2015, he made his debut as a professional footballer with NFL’s Tampa Bay Buccaneers during which he played his first regular season in a match against the Tennessee Titans featuring fellow first-rounder Marcus Mariota as his opponent.
First TV Show
On December 16, 2013, Winston made his first TV show appearance as himself on the American talk show Mike & Mike.
On the same day, he also appeared on the talk show Late Show with David Letterman.
Given that he’s an athlete, he regularly hits the field and trains himself as preparation before another match kicks off. In an interview with ESPN5 in 2016, one of NBA’s topnotch trainers Tim Grover, who agreed to train Winston at the time said that he works hard when it comes to his training and diet parameters. Moreover, he also called Winston a gym rat, who spends most of his time playing football or hitting the gym for workouts.
Jameis Winston Favorite Things
- Pets – Dogs
- NFL Team – Philadelphia Eagles
- NFL Player – Eagles’ quarterback Randall Cunningham
Jameis Winston Facts
- He owns a dog named Tootsie.
- He was a star player in both baseball and football back in his high school years at the Hueytown High School, Hueytown, Alabama.
- Winston signed a four-year contract with the Buccaneers for $23.35 million with a signing bonus of $16.7 million on May 1, 2015.
- In the 2013 MLB Draft, Winston was selected during the 15th round by Texas Rangers but he chose Florida State Seminoles instead.
- In the 2014 BCS National Championship Game, he was named the Offensive MVP after he passed down 235 yards with 2 touchdowns including his final touchdown to Kelvin Benjamin with a 13-second time gap left before the game was closed.
- Shortly after his college debut with the Seminoles, he was named 2013’s “ACC Offensive Player of the Year” along with many other awards including the AP Player of the Year Award, Manning Award, Walter Camp Player of the Year Award, and Davey O’Brien Award.
- He was ranked 57th on “NFL Top 100 Players of 2017” list.
- He leads and personally manages his namesake foundation Jameis Winston’s Dream Forever Foundation with a sole mission to uplift the quality of life for financially disadvantaged children.
- Connect with Jameis Winston on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Jameis Winston / Instagram