|Dianne Reeves Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||October 23, 1956|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Dianne Reeves is an American singer, musician, and actor who started singing and playing the piano in 1971. Her discography consists of multiple albums and tracks such as Welcome to My Love, For Every Heart, Dianne Reeves, A Little Moonlight, The Nearness of You, Never Too Far, More to Love, Art & Survival, Bridges, Come In, I Remember, When You Know, Never Said (Chan’s Song), Quiet After the Storm, Beautiful Life, Waiting In Vain (ft. Lalah Hathaway), The Grand Encounter, When Morning Comes, The Calling: Celebrating Sarah Vaughan, That Day…, Better Days, and I Want You (ft. Sean Jones). Moreover, Dianne Reeves has won at least 5 Grammy Awards.
Dianne Elizabeth Reeves
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Dianne Reeves studied at Cure D’Ars Catholic School in Denver. She also attended the University of Colorado and studied music.
Singer, Musician, Actor
- Father – He was a singer.
- Mother – Vada Swanson (Used to play the trumpet)
- Others – Charles Burrell (Uncle) (Musician) (often referred to as “the Jackie Robinson of Classical Music”), George Duke (Cousin) (Keyboardist, Composer, Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Educator, Musical Director)
Dianne Reeves has been signed with –
- Depth of Field Management, New York City, New York, United States
- International Music Network, Gloucester, Massachusetts, United States
- Music Works International
Blue Note Records, Concord Records
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Dianne Reeves has dated –
- Sergio Mendes – She had a fling with Brazilian musician Sergio Mendes in the past.
- Harry Belafonte – Dianne Reeves was once romantically involved with singer, songwriter, activist, and actor Harry Belafonte.
Race / Ethnicity
She was raised Catholic.
Dianne Reeves Facts
- She was born into a musical family.
- She grew up in Denver, Colorado.
- She was 2 years old when her father died.
- In 1987, Dianne Reeves released her eponymous studio album via Blue Note Records and it included songs like I’ve Got It Bad and That Ain’t Good, Chan’s Song (Never Said), Yesterdays, That’s All, and Sky Islands. The album peaked at #1 on the Billboard Contemporary Jazz Albums chart and at #28 on the Billboard Top Soul Albums chart.
- She performed at the closing ceremony of the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Dianne Reeves was cast as a Jazz Singer in the 2005 historical drama film Good Night, and Good Luck, starring David Strathairn, Patricia Clarkson, George Clooney, Jeff Daniels, Robert Downey Jr., Frank Langella, Tate Donovan, and Ray Wise.
- Her album When You Know was released on April 15, 2008, through Blue Note Records and its tracklist includes The Windmills of Your Mind, Just My Imagination (Running Away with Me), Once I Loved, Today Will Be a Good Day, Midnight Sun, I’m in Love Again, and Over the Weekend. The album peaked at #6 on the US Top Jazz Albums (Billboard) chart.
- Talking about Dianne Reeves, music critic Scott Yanow has said: “A logical successor to Dinah Washington and Carmen McRae, Reeves is a superior interpreter of lyrics and a skilled scat singer.”
- On February 11, 2014, she released her studio album titled Beautiful Life and it won the Grammy Award for “Best Jazz Vocal Album”.
Featured Image by Renaud.alouche / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0