|George Clooney Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||May 06, 1961|
George Clooney is a multi-talented personality. Born in Kentucky, he is an actor, director, producer, screenwriter, businessman, activist, and philanthropist. As a businessman, he co-started Casamigos Tequila in 2013 which he sold to Diageo for $700 million in 2017. He has served as the actor, director, producer, and writer for various films like Leatherheads (2008), The Ides of March (2011), and The Monuments Men (2014). But, he is known to many people for playing Dr. Doug Ross in the medical drama series ER. He did more than 100 episodes.
George Timothy Clooney
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Sonning Eye, Oxfordshire, England, United Kingdom
Clooney attended Blessed Sacrament School in Fort Mitchell, Kentucky. Then, he went to St. Michael’s School in Columbus. Post that, from 1968 to 1974, George attended Western Row Elementary School in Mason, Ohio.
Clooney also went to Susanna School in Mason. He was an altar boy there.
He was then enrolled at Augusta High School in Augusta, Kentucky. He majored in Broadcast Journalism from Northern Kentucky University from 1979 to 1981.
He also attended the University of Cincinnati for a very short time. He did not graduate from it.
Actor, director, producer, screenwriter
- Father – Nick Clooney (Former anchorman and game show host)
- Mother – Nina Warren Clooney (Beauty pageant queen)
- Sibling – Adelia Clooney (known as Ada) (Older Sister)
- Others – Miguel Ferrer (Cousin) (Actor), Rafael Ferrer (Cousin) (Actor), Rosemary Clooney (Aunt) (Singer), José Ferrer (Uncle) (Actor)
George is signed to Creative Artists Agency (CAA).
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
78 kg or 172 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
George Clooney has dated –
- Myla Sinanaj – RUMOR
- Ginger Lynn
- Kelly Preston (1987-1989) – From 1987 to 1989, the actors Kelly Preston and George were an item. She also gifted him a pig during their relationship.
- Talia Balsam (1989-1993) – He started dating actress Talia Balsam in January 1989. After dating for about a year, the two stars married on December 15, 1989. They divorced in September 1993.
- Elizabeth Daily (1993)
- Karen Duffy (1995)
- Kimberly Russell (1995)
- Cameron Diaz (1995) – He had a fling with former actress, author, producer, and model, Cameron Diaz, in the year 1995.
- Frances Fisher (1995)
- Vendela Kirsebom Thomessen (1996)
- Céline Balitran (1996-1999)
- Lucy Liu (2000, 2006) – First in 2000, actors George Clooney and Lucy Liu dated for some months. Later, in 2006, they were seen making outside a restaurant in New York City.
- Carole Radziwill (2000)
- Charlize Theron (2000) – RUMOR
- Traylor Howard (2000)
- Lisa Snowdon (2000-2005)
- Jennifer Siebel Newsom (2002)
- Mariella Frostrup (2002)
- Krista Allen (2002-2004)
- Renée Zellweger (2003) – RUMOR
- Linda Thompson (2006)
- Teri Hatcher (2006) – RUMOR
- Monika Jakisic (2007)
- Sarah Larson (2007-2008) – Clooney started dating model Sarah Larson in June 2007. They met for the first time in Las Vegas, where she worked as a cocktail waitress in The Palm Hotel and Casino. The duo separated in May 2008.
- Elisabetta Canalis (2009-2011) – In July 2009, Clooney started dating Italian TV personality, Elisabetta Canalis. They were first found together when she was sitting on the back of Clooney’s motorcycle. They separated in June 2011.
- Stacy Keibler (2011-2013) – From July 2011 to June 2013, the actors Stacy Keibler and George Clooney were an item.
- Amal Alamuddin (2013-Present) – Clooney commenced dating London-based, British-Lebanese lawyer, Amal Alamuddin in September 2013. They engaged on April 28, 2014. They officially got married on September 27, 2014, at Ca’ Farsetti. The former mayor of Rome and George’s friend, Walter Veltroni did their marriage. The couple welcomed twins Ella (daughter) and Alexander (son) in June 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
George has primarily Irish, German, and English ancestry, with distant Dutch and Scottish roots.
Salt and Pepper (Grayish)
- Greyish hair
- Liberal political beliefs, which his movies also reflects
Nestle Nespresso, Norwegian Bank, Arthur Andersen (1998), AT&T (1997), El Corte inglés (1998), AquaFina (2003), British Airways (2004), Police sunglasses, Fiat Idea (2004), Budweiser (2005), Martini (2006), Fastweb (2011), DNB financial services group (2011-2012).
He was raised Roman Catholic. But, now, he does not know if he believes in God or not.
Best Known For
- Playing Dr. Doug Ross in the ER from 1994 to 1999, then 2000, and 2009.
- He is also known for his appearances in the films From Dusk till Dawn (1996), Gravity (2013), The Monuments Men (2014), Batman & Robin (1997).
George appeared in the 1987 comedy/horror film Return to Horror High for his role as Oliver.
First TV Show
From 1984 to 1985, George Clooney starred in the CBS’s sitcom E/R for his role as Mark ‘Ace’ Kolmar.
He is a follower of Bikram yoga, which is also known as “hot yoga” as it is performed at a temperature of 40-degree Celsius or more.
George Clooney Favorite Things
- Song – Destination Moon (By Dinah Washington)
Source – IMDb
George Clooney Facts
- George is the relative of singer Debby Boone. Debby married Clooney’s cousin Gabriel Ferrer.
- When he was struggling as an actor in Hollywood, he lived in his friend’s closet for a year.
- He sometimes couldn’t afford a hamburger (during a hangout with friends) as an aspiring actor.
- He is a good baseball player and had tried his luck for Cincinnati Reds at the age of 16.
- He is afraid of earthquakes.
- George owned a pig, named Max, which he received as a gift from actress Kelly Preston. George used to share his bed with Max and kept it for 18 years before it passed away in 2006.
- He is friends with Rande Gerber.
- George developed Bell’s palsy when he was in middle school.
- Before becoming an actor, he has sold women’s shoes, men’s suits, door-to-door insurance, and has worked in construction, tobacco, and other companies.
- After Richard Gere, he was the second man to grace the cover page of Vogue magazine.
- He was born at 2:48 AM EST.
- He supports the Democratic Party.
- As a businessman, he started his own brand of tequila named, Casamigos Tequila in 2013 with business partners Rande Gerber and Michael Meldman. After 4 years, he sold the company to Diageo for $700 million in 2017.
- He was the best man at the wedding of actor Richard Kind.
- In 2009, Time magazine included him in their annual list of Most Influential People in the World.
- George has received Academy Awards nomination in 6 different categories. He is the first person to have such a distinction.
- George is an avid fan of the American football team, Cincinnati Bengals, and baseball team, Cincinnati Reds.
- He got his treatment from Palisades Medical Center after his motorcycle was hit by a car in Weehawken, New Jersey in September 2007. His then-girlfriend Sarah Larson was also sitting with him on his motorcycle.
- He shares his birthday with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle‘s son Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor.
- He has served as one of the United Nations Messengers of Peace since January 31, 2008, and has gained acclaim for his political and economic activism.
- In 2016, he co-founded the Clooney Foundation for Justice alongside wife Amal Clooney.
- He has expressed his support towards the recognition of the Armenian Genocide and visited Armenia to commemorate the 101st anniversary of the event in April 2016.
- He has been an ally to the LGBT community and wrote an open letter to his audience calling for the boycott of the Sultan of Brunei’s hotels over a law that came into force on April 3, 2019, and punishes homos*xual s*x and adultery with death by stoning. The list included hotels like The Dorchester, 45 Park Lane, Coworth Park, The Beverly Hills Hotel, Hotel Bel-Air, Le Meurice, Hotel Plaza Athenee, Hotel Eden, and Hotel Principe di Savoia and he fixated on the point that how “we are putting money directly into the pockets of men who choose to stone and whip to death their own citizens for being gay or accused of adultery.”