|Meghan Markle Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||August 4, 1981|
Meghan Markle is a British royal family member. Before entering the royal family, she was an actress who played Rachel Zane in the legal drama TV series, Suits from 2011 to 2018. After her marriage to Prince Harry in May 2018, she became “Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Sussex”. She was also included in the “100 Most Influential People in the World” list of TIME magazine in 2018.
Rachel Meghan Markle
Los Angeles County, California, United States
Meghan received private education at the all-girl, Catholic college preparatory school Immaculate Heart High School in Los Feliz, Los Angeles.
Post that, she went to Northwestern University from where she graduated in 2003 with a degree in communications.
- Father – Thomas W. Markle (Director of Photography)
- Mother – Doria Ragland (Social Welfare Employee, Yoga Therapist)
- Siblings – Thomas Markle (Half Brother), Samantha Grant (Half Sister)
The Gersh Agency, Inc.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Meghan Markle dated –
- Trevor Engelson (2004-2013) – Meghan Markle started dating actor Trevor Engelson in 2004. They dated for around 6 years before Trevor popped his marriage proposal in 2010. They got married in September 2011 in an intimate wedding, which was attended by around 100 guests and was held in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. In May 2013, the couple separated and divorced in August 2013.
- Rory McIlroy (2014) – The reports of Northern Irish professional golfer Rory McIlroy dating Meghan started appearing in tabloids in August 2014 after they were spotted dining together. At the same time, she was reported to be dating a Canadian chef.
- Prince Harry (2016-Present) – In October 2016, Meghan was the subject of British tabloids after it was reported that she was seeing Prince Harry. They started seeing each other when Prince Harry toured Canada for the promotion of Invictus games in May 2016. On November 27, 2017, the couple’s engagement was revealed publicly. On May 19, 2018, she married Prince Harry and became the Duchess of Sussex. The couple is expecting a baby which is due in Spring of 2019. It was revealed in October 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
Her father is of Caucasian origin and her mother is African American.
- Full Lips
- Mole mark above her upper lip
37-25-34 in or 94-63.5-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
7 (US) or 37.5 (EU)
Meghan has appeared in commercials on Jeep, Lexus, The More You Know, USA Characters Unite, Tostitos, among others.
She was announced as the brand ambassador for Reitmans in 2015.
Best Known For
- Portraying Rachel Zane on the TV drama Suits.
- Starring in sci-fi thriller Fringe as FBI agent Amy Jessup in 2009.
Her first film appearance was in a minor role in romcom A Lot Like Love in 2005.
First TV Show
Her first TV work was in medical drama series General Hospital for her role as Jill in 2002 in just 1 episode.
Meghan Markle loves going for long runs. In an interview with The ChalkBoard Magazine, she revealed that going for six mile runs with her close friend is her favorite workout. She also likes doing yoga in her free time.
When it comes to eating, she likes to eat a balanced diet. While filming, she starts her day with hot water with lemon. The breakfast usually has oats with bananas and agave syrup drizzled over it.
The lunch usually consists of a salad with protein thrown in followed by almond with peanut butter for the evening snack. The dinner is pasta cooked with zucchini and parmesan cheese and a glass of her favorite red wine.
Meghan Markle Favorite Things
- Fast Food – Green Juice
- Getaway – Como Shambhala in Bali
- Dessert – Red Wine
Source – The ChalkBoard Mag, Delish
Meghan Markle Facts
- While studying at the Northwestern University, Meghan was a member of Kappa Kappa Gamma group.
- During the early days of her acting career, she used to work as a freelance calligrapher to support herself financially.
- In 2016, she was appointed as the Global Ambassador for World Vision Canada.
- In September 2014, she made a presentation for the HeforShe gender equality campaign at UN headquarters.
- Meghan’s acting talent was discovered at a party as her friend handed over a video of Meghan’s acting in college to a manager.
- She has worked as a counselor with charity One Young World and spoke on gender equality at the annual event held for charity in Dublin in 2014.
- In December 2014, she accompanied Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff on the USO tour to Afghanistan.
- In 2016, she traveled to Rwanda to campaign for the Clean Water project.
- She is a firm believer in the acupuncture and cupping techniques and believes it can cure serious health issues.
- She used to run a lifestyle website, TheTig.com, which was focused on beauty, fashion, food, and travel.
- After marrying Prince Harry, Meghan is now barred from certain things. There are certain rules which every Royal family member has to follow. Now, she cannot sign autographs, voting right is not there (she need to remain politically neutral), she can’t show off her bare legs publicly, acting career got ended, and of course, she can’t travel solo as there would be protection officers wherever she goes.
- She is not on social media.