|Oprah Winfrey Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6½ in|
|Date of Birth||January 29, 1954|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Oprah Winfrey is an American talk show host, television producer, actress, activist, author, and philanthropist who is best known for her talk show, The Oprah Winfrey Show, which became the highest-rated television program of its kind in history and ran in national syndication for 25 years from 1986 to 2011. Born into poverty, she made her way up to become the richest African American of the 20th century and North America’s first black multi-billionaire. Often credited as the “Queen of All Media”, she has also been ranked the greatest Black philanthropist in American history as well as became the highest-paid television entertainer in the United States in 2006. She was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Obama in 2013 and has won many accolades throughout her career which includes 18 Daytime Emmy Awards, two Primetime Emmy Awards, a Tony Award, a Peabody Award, and the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award awarded by the Academy Awards.
Oprah Gail Winfrey
Oprah, O (Title of her world-famous magazine too), The Preacher, Lady O
Oprah Winfrey was born in Kosciusko, a rural area of Mississippi, United States of America.
Oprah learned to read from her grandmother before she was 3. She started her schooling at Lincoln High School and then moved to Nicolet High School after success in Upward Bound program. She finished her schooling at East Nashville High School after she moved to live with her father in Nashville. She finished her education reading communication at Tennessee State University as a scholar student after winning an oratory contest.
Media Proprietor, Actress, Activist, Author, Journalist, Philanthropist, Producer, Spokeswoman, Talk Show Host
- Father – Vernon Winfrey (War Veteran) (Died in 2022)
- Mother – Vernita Lee (Housemaid)
- Siblings – Patricia Lee Lloyd (Half-Sister), Patricia Lofton (Half-Sister), Jeffrey Lee (Half Brother)
- Others – Elmore Winfrey (Paternal Grandfather), Beatrice Woods (Paternal Grandmother), Earless/Earlist/Erlisst Lee (Maternal Grandfather), Hatti Mae Lee (Maternal Grandmother)
Peter Adamson, former Chief Investment Officer for billionaire Eli Broad, has been the manager for her fortune.
Oprah Winfrey’s genre range varies from Talk show to Reality TV and continues to documentary as she got people’s attention mostly because of her work on TV shows.
Although Oprah doesn’t really play an instrument, people say that she is the one who knows the proper use of a MIC!
According to Forbes, her net worth was $2.6 Billion in 2022.
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Oprah Winfrey has dated –
- Anthony Otey – Oprah and Anthony had an affair in high school, which started in the second year and ended on Valentine’s day of senior year. She saved hundreds of love notes of their relationship.
- William ‘Bubba’ Taylor – Both get involved in a relationship while studying at Tennessee State University. Both had a ‘To Die For’ relationship. William helped Oprah to get her first job at WVOL. The couple broke up after William moved from Nashville to Baltimore as he got a job at WJZ-TV.
- John Tesh – Oprah and John got into a relationship in the 70s but the couple broke up as they were pressurized for having an interracial relationship.
- Lloyd Kramer – After John, Lloyd Kramer came into her life but the relationship ended the same way it ended with William. Lloyd moved to NBC in New York and Oprah again got alone.
- Randolph Cook – Depressed Oprah, then met Randolph Cook, after which she became a drug addict. Their relationship ended as Cook sued Oprah for 20 million dollars for blocking a book having details of the alleged relationship they shared.
- Robert Ebert – Oprah dated Robert E Robert the credit of her popularity as he was the one who advised her for taking her show into syndication.
- Reginald Chevalier – Oprah then got involved with Chevalier after his appearance as a guest on her show. The duo shared romantic dinners and candlelit baths together. This time Oprah ended the relationship because she got attracted towards Stedman Graham.
- Stedman Graham (1986-Present) – Oprah’s search for a partner ended at Stedman. The duo has been together since 1986. Both got engaged in November 1992 but are yet to get married.
Race / Ethnicity
Oprah Winfrey is of African-American (including Kpelle, Bamileke, and Zambian) descent.
Oprah Winfrey’s personality has grown up so influential that people believe in what she says. This thing can be well understood as she was one of the personalities who supported President Barack Obama during the election. Forbes World has titled her World’s Most Powerful TV Person. Additionally, she is the richest TV Celebrity in the world.
41-32-40 in or 104-81-102 cm
10.5 (US) or 8 (UK) or 41 (EU)
Oprah Winfrey has emerged as a brand in the United States. She is the owner of ‘The Oprah Brand’. When the recession hit the world, she launched ‘Oprah Organics’, ‘Oprah Harvests’ and ‘Oprah’s Farm’ trademarks under her brand. Oprah’s product list comprises salad dressing, frozen vegetables, massage oils, skincare products, and hair sprays. She owns a publishing house through which she launches her magazine ‘O’. She has a website named after her ‘Oprah.com’. In 2006, she revealed her plans for her own radio channel ‘Oprah Radio’ by signing a 3 year deal with XM Satellite Radio. In all, her net worth is around 2.7 billion dollars.
She also promotes the Weight Watchers diet program as she has invested heavily in the brand.
Best Known For
The Oprah Winfrey Show that ran nationally for almost 25 years (1986-2011)
First TV Show
People are talking, Channel WJZ’s local talk show. She was a co-host with Richard Sher.
The Color Purple, by Steven Spielberg. She was a co-star playing the role of a distraught housewife, Sofia.
Bob Greene, an American exercise physiologist, and certified personal trainer.
Oprah Winfrey Favorite Things
Oprah announces her favorite things every year. Some of her favorite things have been –
- Favorite soap – Lafco New York
- Favorite Gym Machine – Octane Fitness Q37ci Elliptical Trainer
Oprah Winfrey Trivia
- Oprah Winfrey was born to a single teenage mother.
- She was her mother’s first child.
- She was the 1st African American woman to get listed on Forbes Billionaire List in 2003.
- She was ranked 1st for two consecutive years in 2007 and 2008 by Forbes magazine in the list of 100 Most Powerful Celebrities.
- Oprah’s real name was Orpah, but it got misspelled on her birth certificate.
- Winfrey was the youngest and 1st African-American female news anchor at WTVF-TV.
- She is the first lady in history to produce and own her own talk show.
- She became pregnant at 14.
- She received an honorary National Book Award in 1999.
- For her role in The Color Purple, she was nominated for an Academy Award for “Best Actress in a Supporting Role”, Golden Globe Award for “Best Supporting Actress – Motion Picture”, and Los Angeles Film Critics Association Award for “Best Supporting Actress”.
- Oprah, in May 2008, in order to detox her body, challenged herself to become a vegan.
- Oprah was awarded 1st ’50th Anniversary Medal’ by National Book Foundation in 1999.
- Oprah learned to read before the age of 3.
- She was included at 3rd place in the “America’s Wealthiest Celebrities 2018” list by Forbes magazine with a net worth of US $2.8 billion.
- Oprah is left-handed.
- Oprah was raped by her 19-year old cousin when she was a child (around 10 years of age).
- In 2021, she sold her Washington state-based 7,303-square-foot house for $14 million.
- In 2021, Oprah was ranked #21 in the list of “50 Most Influential People on Twitter” as per Brandwatch Consumer Research. Taylor Swift was ranked #1.
- In October 2022, Oprah revealed that she underwent double knee surgery in 2021.