|Meghan Markle Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||August 4, 1981|
Meghan Markle is a British royal family member. Before entering the royal family, she was an actress who played Rachel Zane in the legal drama TV series, Suits from 2011 to 2018. After her marriage to Prince Harry in May 2018, she became “Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Sussex”. She was also included in the “100 Most Influential People in the World” list of TIME magazine in 2018.
Rachel Meghan Markle
Los Angeles County, California, United States
Montecito, California, United States
Meghan received a private education at the all-girl, Catholic college preparatory school Immaculate Heart High School in Los Feliz, Los Angeles.
Post that, she went to Northwestern University from where she graduated in 2003 with a degree in communications.
- Father – Thomas W. Markle (Director of Photography)
- Mother – Doria Ragland (Social Welfare Employee, Yoga Therapist)
- Siblings – Thomas Markle (Half Brother), Samantha Grant (Half-Sister)
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Meghan Markle dated –
- Trevor Engelson (2004-2013) – Meghan Markle started dating actor Trevor Engelson in 2004. They dated for around 6 years before Trevor popped his marriage proposal in 2010. They got married in September 2011 in an intimate wedding, which was attended by around 100 guests and was held in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. In May 2013, the couple separated and divorced in August 2013.
- Rory McIlroy (2014) – The reports of Northern Irish professional golfer Rory McIlroy dating Meghan started appearing in tabloids in August 2014 after they were spotted dining together. At the same time, she was reported to be dating a Canadian chef.
- Prince Harry (2016-Present) – In October 2016, Meghan was the subject of British tabloids after it was reported that she was seeing Prince Harry. They started seeing each other when Prince Harry toured Canada for the promotion of Invictus games in May 2016. On November 27, 2017, the couple’s engagement was revealed publicly. On May 19, 2018, she married Prince Harry and became the Duchess of Sussex. The couple welcomed a baby boy on May 6, 2019, named Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor. In a personal essay titled The Losses We Share for The New York Times in November 2020, she revealed that she had suffered a miscarriage in July 2020. In February 2021, it was revealed that the couple was expecting their 2nd child together, a baby girl. On June 4, 2021, they were blessed with their daughter Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor at 11:40 a.m. at Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital.
Race / Ethnicity
Her father is of Caucasian origin and her mother is African American.
- Full Lips
- Mole mark above her upper lip
37-25-34 in or 94-63.5-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
7 (US) or 37.5 (EU)
Meghan has appeared in commercials on Jeep, Lexus, The More You Know, USA Characters Unite, Tostitos, among others.
She was announced as the brand ambassador for Reitmans in 2015.
Best Known For
- Portraying Rachel Zane on the TV drama Suits
- Starring in sci-fi thriller Fringe as FBI agent Amy Jessup in 2009
Her first film appearance was in a minor role in the rom-com A Lot Like Love in 2005.
First TV Show
Her first TV work was in the medical drama series General Hospital for her role as Jill in 2002 in just 1 episode.
Meghan Markle loves going for long runs. In an interview with The Chalkboard Magazine, she revealed that going for six-mile runs with her close friend is her favorite workout. She also likes doing yoga in her free time.
When it comes to eating, she likes to eat a balanced diet. While filming, she starts her day with hot water with lemon. The breakfast usually has oats with bananas and agave syrup drizzled over it.
The lunch usually consists of a salad with protein thrown in followed by almond with peanut butter for the evening snack. The dinner is pasta cooked with zucchini and parmesan cheese and a glass of her favorite red wine.
Meghan Markle Favorite Things
- Fast Food – Green Juice
- Getaway – Como Shambhala in Bali
- Dessert – Red Wine
- Perfume – Oribe Côte d’Azur Eau de Parfum, Wild Bluebell, Wood Sage & Sea Salt Colognes
Meghan Markle Dogs
- Guy and Pula – As of 2020, she had 2 two dogs named, Guy and Pula.
- Mamma Mia – In August 2022, Meghan and Harry adopted a 7-year-old beagle named Mamma Mia from the Beagle Freedom Project.
Meghan Markle Facts
- While studying at Northwestern University, Meghan was a member of the Kappa Kappa Gamma group.
- During the early days of her acting career, she used to work as a freelance calligrapher to support herself financially.
- In 2016, she was appointed as the Global Ambassador for World Vision Canada.
- In September 2014, she made a presentation for the HeforShe gender equality campaign at UN headquarters.
- Meghan’s acting talent was discovered at a party as her friend handed over a video of Meghan’s acting in college to a manager.
- She has worked as a counselor with charity One Young World and spoke on gender equality at the annual event held for charity in Dublin in 2014.
- In December 2014, she accompanied the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff on the USO tour to Afghanistan.
- In 2016, she traveled to Rwanda to campaign for the Clean Water project.
- She is a firm believer in acupuncture and cupping techniques and believes it can cure serious health issues.
- She used to run a lifestyle website, TheTig.com, which was focused on beauty, fashion, food, and travel.
- After marrying Prince Harry, Meghan got barred from certain things. There are certain rules (She got relaxation from these rules after her relocation to the U.S.) which every Royal family member has to follow. Now, she cannot sign autographs, voting right is not there (she need to remain politically neutral), she can’t show off her bare legs publicly, her acting career got ended, and of course, she can’t travel solo as there would be protection officers wherever she goes.
- Meghan Markle became the first member of the British Royal family to vote in an American election after she voted in 2020 (Donald Trump vs Joe Biden). Her child Archie would also be eligible, once he turns adult, to vote due to his dual citizenship of America and England.
- Meghan spent the 2020 Christmas with her husband Prince Harry, son Archie and mom Doria Ragland at the couple’s new house in Montecito, California, United States.
- 2017 Christmas was the first Christmas of Meghan with the British Royal Family. As per the decades’ old tradition, she had to gift an inexpensive gag gift which she gifted a spoon to Prince William that had ‘cereal killer’ embossed on the shallow bowl end of the spoon.
- In 2019, Meghan sued The Mail on Sunday and MailOnline for alleged infringement of copyright and breach of privacy due to the publication of a letter which she had sent to her father. In February 2021, the High Court found that the news organization had invaded her privacy and gave the judgment in her favor, and was awarded $625,000 in legal costs.
- In 2020, she stepped down as a senior royal, due to which, she was not considered eligible for a British passport or citizenship.
- In February 2021, Meghan and her spouse Prince Harry, through their Archewell Foundation made a donation in response to the Winter Storm Uri in Texas.
- As per Forbes magazine, Meghan and Prince Harry were spending from $2 million to $3 million on their security team in March 2021.
- In 2021, she published a children’s book titled The Bench.
- In 2021, on Mother’s Day, she donated cleaning supplies, diapers, and other essential items to Harvest Home LA.
- In 2021, during an interview with Oprah Winfrey, Meghan revealed that she had suicidal thoughts in the past due to the pressure that she was facing from the media and the constant bullying.
- Meghan’s daughter’s name Lilibet “Lili” Diana Mountbatten-Windsor pays tribute to both Queen Elizabeth and the late Princess Diana. Plus, Lilibet is also Queen’s family nickname.
- In 2021, Meghan and Prince Harry were on the cover of Time Magazine’s annual issue which covers the 100 most influential people in the world.
- In October 2021, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were announced as the “impact partners” and investors in a company called Ethic.
- In October 2021, in an open letter to Congress, addressed to Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, she supported a paid leave mandate on behalf of all the parents of the U.S.
- In February 2022, Meghan’s Armani dress which she wore during her tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey in 2021 was named the Fashion Museum’s “2021 Dress of the Year”.
- Along with Prince Harry, Meghan was honored with the “President’s Award” during the 53rd NAACP Image Awards in February 2022.
- In March 2022, Meghan’s half-sister, Samantha Markle filed a defamation lawsuit against her, claiming that Meghan lied about her family during her and Prince Harry‘s 2021 tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey. Later, Meghan had filed a motion to dismiss the case. However, it was denied by a judge. In June 2022, it was revealed that Meghan had re-filed a dismissal.
- In 2022, Meghan launched her podcast series for Spotify called Archetypes.