|Prince Archie of Sussex Quick Info|
|Height||3 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||May 6, 2019|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Prince Archie of Sussex is a member of the British royal family and the first child of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor
Prince Archie of Sussex
Portland Hospital, City of Westminster, London, England, United Kingdom
Montecito, California, United States
Member of the British Royal Family
- Father – Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex (Member of the British Royal Family, Royalty Representative, Former English Army Officer, Humanitarian Work Volunteer, Animal Rights Activist)
- Mother – Meghan Markle (Member of the British Royal Family, Former Actor)
- Siblings – Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor (Younger Sister) (Member of the British Royal Family)
- Others – King Charles III (Paternal Grandfather) (Member of the British Royal Family, King of the United Kingdom and the 14 other Commonwealth realms), Diana, Princess of Wales (Paternal Grandmother) (Member of the British Royal Family), Thomas W. Markle (Maternal Grandfather) (Director of Photography), Doria Ragland (Maternal Grandmother) (Social Welfare Employee, Yoga Therapist), Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh (Paternal Great-Grandfather) (Member of the British Royal Family; Died in April 2021), Elizabeth II (Paternal Great-Grandmother) (Member of the British Royal Family, Former Queen of the United Kingdom; Died in September 2022), Prince William, Duke of Cambridge (Paternal Uncle) (Member of the British Royal Family, Royalty Representative, British Air Force Pilot, Air Ambulance Pilot, Environment Activist), Catherine Middleton (Aunt) (Member of the British Royal Family, Duchess of Cambridge), Thomas Markle (Maternal Uncle), Samantha Grant (Maternal Aunt), Prince George of Cambridge (Cousin) (Member of the British Royal Family), Princess Charlotte of Cambridge (Cousin) (Member of the British Royal Family), Prince Louis of Cambridge (Cousin) (Member of the British Royal Family)
3 ft 2 in or 96.5 cm
18 kg or 39.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Black, White, and Asian)
Prince Archie of Sussex is of African-American (one quarter), English, European Royal, German, smaller amounts of Scottish, Irish, French, Anglo-Irish, Hungarian, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, likely 1/256th Indian or 1/512th Gujarati Indian, possibly 1/512th Armenian, as well as distant Dutch, Danish, Welsh, Belgian, Swedish, Swiss, Bohemian/Czech, Russian, Polish, and Channel Islander/Jersey descent.
Prince Archie of Sussex Facts
- He was born at 05:26 BST (04:26 UTC) on May 6, 2019.
- Many royal traditions were broken upon his birth, one of which was that there was no immediate photocall at the hospital steps after the birth of Prince Archie of Sussex and his birth was subsequently announced by Buckingham Palace via a framed notice on an easel. However, unlike previous royal births, there were no signatures by the mother’s doctors.
- His birth was marked by several landmarks being illuminated in different colors, including Niagara Falls, the CN Tower, and the London Eye.
- On May 8, 2019, his name was announced.
- On July 6, 2019, Prince Archie was christened wearing the royal christening gown by Justin Welby, Archbishop of Canterbury, in the private chapel at Windsor Castle, with water from the River Jordan. His parents did not make public the identities of his godparents, which again was a break of a royal tradition. It was later reported that three of the child’s godparents were Charlie van Straubenzee, Tiggy Pettifer, and Mark Dyer.
- He was 2 days old when he was shown to his great-grandparents Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip for the first time.
- He accompanied his parents on a Southern African tour to Malawi, Angola, South Africa and Botswana in September and October 2019.
- Prince Archie’s first birthday in 2020 was marked by his appearance in a storytime video with his mother as a part of the Save with Stories campaign (a project aimed at supporting children and families affected by the COVID-19 pandemic).
- His parents stepped down from their roles as working members of the royal family in 2020.
- He holds dual citizenship in the United Kingdom and the United States.
Featured Image by prince_archie_of_sussex / Instagram