|King Charles III Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||November 14, 1948|
|Spouse||Camilla Parker Bowles|
King Charles III is known for being the heir apparent to the British throne who became the Duke of Cornwall and Duke of Rothesay in 1952. In September 2022, he became the King after the demise of Queen Elizabeth II.
Charles Philip Arthur George
The Looney Prince
Buckingham Palace, London, England, United Kingdom
Clarence House, City of Westminster, London, England, United Kingdom
Charles, Prince of Wales received education from a governess named Catherine Peebles from the age of 5 to 8. Then, he studied at Hill House school, Cheam Preparatory School, and Gordonstoun School.
Later, in October 1967, he got enrolled at Trinity College, Cambridge and studied Anthropology, Archaeology, and History. He also attended the University College of Wales.
Member of the British Royal Family
- Father – Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh (Died in April 2021)
- Mother – Elizabeth II (Former Queen of the United Kingdom; Died in September 2022)
- Siblings – Anne, Princess Royal (Younger Sister), Prince Andrew, Duke of York (Younger Brother), Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex (Younger Brother)
- Others – Prince Andrew of Greece and Denmark (Paternal Grandfather), Princess Alice of Battenberg (Paternal Grandmother), George VI (Maternal Grandfather), Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon (Maternal Grandmother), Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge (Daughter-In-Law), Prince George of Cambridge (Grandson), Princess Charlotte of Cambridge (Granddaughter), Prince Louis of Cambridge (Grandson), Meghan, Duchess of Sussex (Daughter-In-Law), Archie Mountbatten-Windsor (Grandson)
In 2022, after inheriting wealth from deceased mother Elizabeth II, King Charles III’s net worth was $600 million.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Charles, Prince of Wales has dated –
- Georgiana Russell
- Lucia Santa Cruz (1968-1970)
- Janet Jenkins (1970-1992)
- Dale Tryon (1974-1985)
- Davina Sheffield (1974-1976)
- Eva O’Neill (1975)
- Lady Jane Wellesley (1976-1977)
- Lady Sarah McCorquodale (1977)
- Susan George (1978-1979)
- Jane Ward (1979)
- Sabrina Guinness (1979)
- Anna Wallace (1980)
- Helga Wagner (1980)
- Diana, Princess of Wales (1981-1996) – He married Diana Frances Spencer on July 29, 1981, in St Paul’s Cathedral and they were blessed with 2 sons – Prince William, Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex. The duo had a tumultuous married life which attracted a lot of media attraction and they finally got divorced on August 28, 1996.
- Barbra Streisand (1994)
- Camilla Parker Bowles (2005-Present) – After dating for several years, the duo married in 2005 and Prince Charles became the stepfather of Tom Parker Bowles and Laura Lopes.
Race / Ethnicity
Charles, Prince of Wales is of European Royal, English, German, Hungarian, French, Anglo-Irish, Irish, Danish, Swedish, Swiss, Belgian, Dutch, Bohemian/Czech, Scottish, Lithuanian, Russian, and Polish descent.
King Charles’s Favorite Things
- Food – Scrambled Eggs
Source – IMDb
King Charles’s Facts
- He became the first heir apparent to attend school rather than have a private tutor.
- Prince Charles was baptized in the palace’s Music Room by the Archbishop of Canterbury, Geoffrey Fisher, on December 15, 1948.
- He has been the oldest and longest-serving heir apparent in British history.
- Being the monarch’s oldest son, he was automatically bestowed with the titles Duke of Cornwall, Duke of Rothesay, Earl of Carrick, Baron of Renfrew, Lord of the Isles, and Prince and Great Steward of Scotland.
- Having surpassed the record held by Edward VII, Prince Charles has been the longest-serving Prince of Wales, serving since 1958.
- He has served as the president of the Royal Shakespeare Company.
- In December 2020, the official Twitter page of Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall had to turn off comments for almost all users. This is because the Royal Household doesn’t allow abusive comments on the posts as per their social media guidelines.
- In February 2021, it was revealed that he had received the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- He is left-handed.
- In February 2022, it was revealed that Prince Charles had been tested positive for COVID-19.
- In September 2022, Prince Charles became the King of the UK after the death of his mother Elizabeth II. His wife Camilla Parker became the Queen Consort.
- Prince Charles after becoming the king could travel without a passport and even drive without a license. Charles would also be able to grant Royal Warrants to various companies.
- In September 2022, Charles III inherited over $500 million in personal assets from Elizabeth II during her 70 years in power. He was not required to pay any inheritance tax because of a law introduced by UK Government in 1993. Otherwise, at that time, the inheritance tax was 40% if the value of the assets was over $377,000.
- The personal assets which King Charles inherited from his mother included a well-performing stock portfolio of over $110 million, $140 million Balmoral Castle, the $65 million Sandringham estate, farms, and land, a luxury jewelry collection, and a collection of postage stamps from across the Commonwealth which was valued at £100 million.
- At the age of 73, King Charles became the oldest person to assume the throne.
- In March 2023, it was revealed that A-list celebrities (including Adele, Harry Styles, Robbie Williams, Elton John, and Ed Sheeran) were not interested to perform for King Charles at his coronation concert which was later held on May 6, 2023, where he was officially crowned as King.
Featured Image by COP PARIS / Flickr / Public Domain