|Queen Camilla Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||July 17, 1947|
|Spouse||Charles, Prince of Wales|
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and later known as Queen Camilla is a member of the British royal family and has assisted the Prince of Wales on his official duties as his 2nd wife.
Camilla Rosemary Shand
Duchess of Cornwall, Milla
King’s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London, England, United Kingdom
Clarence House, The Mall, City of Westminster, London, England, United Kingdom
She studied at Dumbrells, a co-educational school in Ditchling village, before getting enrolled at Queen’s Gate School in Queen’s Gate, South Kensington. Later, she attended the Mon Fertile finishing school in Tolochenaz, Switzerland, and then studied French and French literature at the University of London Institute in Paris for 6 months.
Member of the British Royal Family
- Father – Bruce Shand (Officer in the British Army)
- Mother – Rosalind Shand (née Cubitt) (Worked for an adoption agency before marriage)
- Siblings – Annabel Elliot (Younger Sister) (Interior Designer, Antiques Dealer), Mark Shand (Late Younger Brother) (Travel Writer, Conservationist) (Died in 2014)
- Others – Philip Morton Shand (Paternal Grandfather) (Journalist, Architecture Critic, Wine and Food Writer, Entrepreneur, Pomologist), Edith Marguerite Harrington (Paternal Grandmother), Hon. Roland Calvert Cubitt (Maternal Grandfather) (Member of the British Aristocracy), Sonia Rosemary Cubitt (née Keppel) (Maternal Grandmother), Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh (Father-In-Law) (Longest-serving Consort of a Reigning British Monarch), Elizabeth II (Mother-In-Law) (Queen of the United Kingdom), Anne, Princess Royal (Sister-In-Law), Prince Andrew, Duke of York (Brother-In-Law), Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex (Brother-In-Law), Prince William, Duke of Cambridge (Stepson) (Royalty Representative, British Air Force Pilot, Air Ambulance Pilot, Environment Activist), Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex (Stepson) (Royalty Representative, Former English Army Officer, Humanitarian Work volunteer, Animal Rights Activist), Ayesha (Niece), Ben Elliot (Nephew) (Co-Chairman of the Conservative Party), Alice Elliot (Niece), Catherine Elliot (Niece), Madonna (Distant Relative) (Singer, Songwriter, Actress), Céline Dion (Distant Relative) (Singer), Freddy Parker Bowles (Grandson), Lola Parker Bowles (Granddaughter), Eliza Lopes (Granddaughter), Louis Lopes (Grandson), Gus Lopes (Grandson)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Camilla has dated –
- Kevin Burke (1965-1968)
- Rupert Hambro (1969)
- Andrew Parker Bowles (1973-1995) – On July 4, 1973, she married her first husband Andrew Parker Bowles, who was a Guards officer and lieutenant in the Blues and Royals at that time, in a Roman Catholic ceremony at the Guards Chapel, Wellington Barracks in London. Their marriage was regarded as the “society wedding of the year” and the guests included Princess Anne, Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother, and Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon. The duo has been blessed with 2 children – a son named Thomas Henry Charles Parker Bowles (b. December 18, 1974) and a daughter named Laura Rose Parker Bowles (b. January 1, 1978). After having been married for 21 years, the duo filed for divorce in December 1994 and it was finalized in March 1995.
- King Charles (2005-Present) – After having been romantically involved for several years, she married the Prince of Wales in 2005. Their romance had started while Prince Charles was still married to Diana, Princess of Wales.
Race / Ethnicity
Duchess of Cornwall is of English, Scottish, French-Canadian, and Dutch descent.
- Thin lips
- Short hair
Queen Camilla Facts
- Her romance with Charles, Prince of Wales was highly publicized and attracted worldwide scrutiny.
- She has been styled as “Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cornwall”. However, in Scotland, she is styled as “Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Rothesay”.
- Over the years, she has worked to raise awareness for several social issues including osteoporosis and has also been a member of the National Osteoporosis Society.
- In the historical drama streaming television series The Crown, she was portrayed by Emerald Fennell.
- Camilla and Prince Charles became a target of massive online abuse and character assassination in 2020 and the official Twitter page of Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall had to turn off/restrict comments for almost all users. The reason being the Royal Household doesn’t allow abusive comments on the posts as per their social media guidelines.
- In February 2021, it was announced that she had received the first dose of the coronavirus vaccine.
- In December 2021, it was announced that Camilla would become a Royal Lady of the Order of the Garter.
- In February 2022, it was revealed that Camilla had been tested positive for COVID-19.
- After the demise of Queen Elizabeth II in September 2022, Camilla became the “Queen Consort” while her husband Prince Charles became the King of the UK. Later, in 2023, it was revealed that she would simply be called ‘Queen’ instead of ‘Queen Consort’ to keep it simple.
- Her grandchildren call her “GaGa”.
- In November 2022, Camilla changed the ‘Ladies-in-Waiting’ title to ‘Queen’s Companions’. It was revealed that this position would have reduced responsibilities as compared to the lady-in-waiting posts and the “Queen’s Companions” will only support Camilla at official engagements.
- In February 2023, it was revealed that Camilla had tested positive for COVID-19.
- In April 2023, her wax figure was unveiled at Madame Tussauds London.
- She was officially crowned Queen in Westminster Abbey, London on May 6, 2023, whereas her husband Charles was officially crowned King.
Featured Image by KoronaLacassePhoto / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0