|Fiona Shaw Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||July 10, 1958|
Fiona Shaw is an Irish actress known for appearing in popular TV shows and films like The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, True Blood, and Private View (Inside No. 9). She portrayed the role of Petunia Dursley in the Harry Potter film series. Fiona has won various awards for her superior acting skills like the Evening Standard Award, Drama Desk Award, and Olivier Award. She is also a theatre actress and has appeared in the theatre productions of popular plays like The Testament of Mary and Scenes from an Execution.
Fiona Mary Wilson
Fiona Shaw, Fi Fi, Fif
County Cork, Munster, Ireland
Primrose Hil, North London, United Kingdom
Fiona completed her schooling from Scoil Mhuire in Cork City and obtained her college degree from University College Cork. She went on to pursue her passion for drama at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA) in London.
- Father – Denis Wilson (Ophthalmic Surgeon)
- Mother – Mary (Physicist)
- Siblings – John (Brother) (Double Bassist), Peter (Brother) (Died at the age of 18 in a car crash)
The following agencies represent Fiona –
- Berwick & Kovacik
- Independent Talent Group Ltd.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Fiona Shaw has dated –
- Saffron Burrows (2002-2005) – Actress Saffron Burrows who came out as pansexual, first struck a connection with Fiona while filming Powerbook in 2002. The two became an official couple and continued to date till 2005.
Race / Ethnicity
- Her smile
- Green eyes
Best Known For
Her portrayal of the negative character, Petunia Dursley in the fantasy blockbuster Harry Potter film series.
Fiona made her theatrical film debut in the comedy-drama Sacred Hearts as Sister Felicity in 1985.
First TV Show
Fiona made her television show debut on the romantic television series All for Love as Elspeth in 1983.
Fiona Shaw Favorite Things
- Animal – Vulture
Source – The Guardian
Fiona Shaw Facts
- She revealed that she always wanted to play the character of Professor McGonagall in the Harry Potter film series and not Petunia Dursley.
- When Fiona was in school, her teachers complained that she spoke too much.
- She was brought up by nuns till she was 9 years old.
- She is fond of poetry.
- In 2013, Fiona was awarded the United Solo Special Award for her performance in the play, The Testament of Mary.
- Fiona is not on any social media platform.
Featured Image by Marie-Lan Nguyen / Wikimedia / CC BY-3.0