|Marquita Pring Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||July 19, 1990|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Marquita Pring is an American model who shot to fame after walking the runway for Jean-Paul Gaultier during his Spring/Summer 2011 collection at the Paris Fashion Week. Her fame further increased when she was shot by acclaimed photographer Steven Meisel for Vogue Italia in June 2011. Marquita is among curvy models like Ashley Graham and Crystal Renn who have promoted body positivity and redefined the standards of beauty in the highly exclusive modeling industry. She has more than 100k followers on Instagram and more than 2k followers on Twitter.
Albany, New York, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Marquita studied at the Clinton Senior High School in New York and graduated in 2008.
- Mother – Emily Pring
- Others – Vivian (Maternal Grandmother), Sarah (Maternal Aunt)
Marquita is represented by –
- Ford Models in New York
- IMG Models
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
89 kg or 196 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Latino)
- Dimpled smile
- Curly hair
- Tattoos under her bust
- Chin dimple
10.5 (US) or 41 (EU) or 8 (UK)
Marquita has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Lane Bryant
- Evans UK
- Jean-Paul Gaultier
- Jenny Packham
- Garden of Dream Foundation
- Marks & Spencer
- Simply Be
- Joy Cioci
Best Known For
Walking the runway for designer Jean-Paul Gaultier in 2011 and appearing in the June 2011 issue of Italian Vogue
For Marquita, leading an athletic lifestyle and working out regularly has been an important part of her daily fitness routine. She had spoken about her preference for a low-wheat diet in 2011 that helped her keep bloating at bay. Her meals largely comprise of chicken, fish, and salads. She opts for oatmeal or Ezekiel bread and fruits for the first meal of the day. Additionally, she indulges in chocolates, her guilty pleasure, every once in a while.
Marquita Pring Favorite Things
- Skincare Products – Mario Badescu Facial Spray, Jade Facial Rollers, The Rich Cream by Augustinus Bader
- DJ – Disclosure
- Breakfast Meal – Huevos rancheros
- Color – Red
Marquita Pring Facts
- Marquita was raised by her single mother.
- Amongst her hobbies are playing field hockey, figure skating, running track, singing, acting, horseback riding, and swimming.
- She began modeling at the age of 15.
- Marquita played basketball in high school and was a part of the varsity basketball team.
- She was among the 4 plus-size models featured in Vogue Italia in 2011. Although Tara Lynn, Robyn Lawley, and Candice Huffine graced the front cover, Marquita appeared in several shots inside the magazine.
- Marquita shares a close resemblance to singer Alicia Keys.
- She was dropped by Ford Models early on in her career after the agency shut down its plus-size wing.
- Marquita prefers the term ‘curvy model’ instead of ‘plus-size model’ as according to her, the latter term has a negative association.
- As of October 2019, her dream job would include shooting an ad campaign for high-end luxury brands like Chanel and Lancôme.
Featured Image by Marquita Pring / Instagram